Refunds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
When I was a very regular buyer from Gems TV in the old days when they sold decent jewellery, I never often returned anything. However on the rare occasion when I did make a return I always received my refund promptly.

You may remember the horrendous brassy looking Yellow Diamond ring I stupidly ordered? Well I returned it and they received it back on 18th August according to Royal Mail tracking. Nine days later and guess what? Yep - no refund!

Is anyone else having problems?

I returned a ring to them on Monday 17th, and I had the refund credited back to me yesterday (26th). I emailed to find out what was going on the 25th, telling them exactly what you've just said, that in the old days refunds never took this long and that to be honest I was a little disappointed with it all. Thankfully all sorted now, just need to check with the bank account that it has indeed gone through.

I returned a ring on the 12th and gems received on 13th and it has appeared on my order tracking today as refunded (14 days) but i will probably have to wait 3-5 working days for it to appear in my bank!
So all in all to blooming long! also an item they refunded on 19th is still not showing in my bank account!

No problems here klos ....... I'm on the wagon!! :giggle:

...... don't tell Sacha but I cancelled my last order.

Seriously, hope you get your refund soon.

it takes around 3 weeks...... way too long imo
I returned a diamond ring which was chipped to be replaced, they told me on the phone to call CS 2 days after returning the ring and they would asap send out the replacement after the ring was received as replacement rings are priority.
Well, we are 1 week further now, the new ring has not even been shipped. A grumpy guy on the phone called me that it is in process, but have to wait untill other orders are shipped out. I told him that I was informed that rings returned for replacement will be posted asap.... and he said that there is no such thing as priority for replacement orders. :HIT:
I wanted the ring before the weekend, and I liked the design, but have been put off by this attitude and cancelled the purchase all together. Now I have to wait 3 weeks for a refund. I am not impressed!

Hi Klos, a couple of us have been having a whinge on this subject on the "clearance been extended yet again" thread. Very disappointing that refunds are taking so long when they used to take just a week. xxxxxx

PS They've probably spent it all faffing about with the web site every five minutes.

Last edited:
i can breathe a sigh of relief - as you probably have read i sent a ring back on 19th August (i tracked the parcel and it was received at ERS on 20th August 2009) yes i am still playing the waiting game, waiting for my refund. Why can i breathe a sigh of relief, because last night i said to my husband i was so angry at gems, being the fact that this is the second time i have had a ring with a stone fall out, that i felt like putting a post on the forum saying that i am cheesed off with them - and he said, you cant do that, what if gems reads your post - i told him that i surely cannot be the only one, who has had to return a ring in the last few days, and my old man thought this to be incredulous - he said if that many people were returning items, then gems arent up to scratch - i did point out, that i kept one ring, which iam still not happy with, but i kept it because i just cant face all the faffing about with returning an item. Sometimes you are lucky enough to get hold of someone in gems CS department, who is understanding and nice, and other times you get some who think its gems tv doing you the favour! this last ring that i have sent back was for me the final nail in the coffin so to speak, and i have made a decision that i wont be buying from gems any more - i have lost enthusiasm, and for me it all started to go down hill in march;

I am a happy bunny, (well for the time being anyway, always a grey cloud hanging over me at the moment - doom and gloom merchant me! lol) i have just this minuted come off the gems website, i logged into my account and checked on order tracking, and note that they have refunded me today, i am quite impressed, they refunded me my postage and packing for the original purchase, and when i sent out the special delivery. It is not in my account at the moment, but i will check tomorrow, or tuesday - no rush, nothing is going anywhere what with the bank holiday on the horizons! xx

Yeah, well, glad to hear that progress is being made, PG ( or should I call you Albert?) but I think that the excuse of Bank Holidays is just another fiddle to keep us away from our money!! Beats me how one day of holiday can delay payments for more than a week , which my bank seems to manage regularly!

Yeah, well, glad to hear that progress is being made, PG ( or should I call you Albert?) but I think that the excuse of Bank Holidays is just another fiddle to keep us away from our money!! Beats me how one day of holiday can delay payments for more than a week , which my bank seems to manage regularly!

Would that be a piercing or Steptoe?

I don't reckon that's you at all Mathilda, but Klos pretendin' to be Mathilda.
17.gif
xxxxxxxx

I don't reckon that's you at all Mathilda, but Klos pretendin' to be Mathilda.
17.gif
xxxxxxxx

No Argey that was a couple of weeks ago when you and me did that wee job at the jewellers. Remember when that nice young Policeman asked my name and you told him it was Mathilda? :giggle:

Latest posts

Back