Personal Shopper Prices?????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pinkpussycat

Guest Shopper
I haven't tried to use this service(?) for a while but saw something in GEMS shop at the usual hugely inflated price and called ps to get a better price from them, which I have several times in the past. Well I was just told that we cannot buy from the web now using ps and must pay the ridiculous shop prices :YIKES: when did this nonsense start?? This channel for me is now a waste of space as I can't watch their inane presenting and the web auctions are full of rubbish. :rolleyes: :pPC:

I haven't tried to use this service(?) for a while but saw something in GEMS shop at the usual hugely inflated price and called ps to get a better price from them, which I have several times in the past. Well I was just told that we cannot buy from the web now using ps and must pay the ridiculous shop prices :YIKES: when did this nonsense start?? This channel for me is now a waste of space as I can't watch their inane presenting and the web auctions are full of rubbish. :rolleyes: :pPC:

Hi PPC, i know, a year ago i had seen on a gem tv auction an item, and i was about to enter the auction, but i got a phone call (annoying!) i kept an eye on how much the item went for, it was only £29.00 and i jotted down the item number, and a few days later i rang cs and asked if i could purchase it - it had gone up to £49.00!! and i stupidly bought it - i asked why it had gone up so much, as was told because thats how you save money, by playing the auctions - so i dont use personal shopper - as it is way expensive, either way they have you by the short and curlies - :doh: x

Well it's their loss PG to have loads of stock sitting in their 'shop' earning them nothing when with a bit of flexibility in price they could shift much of it.....if they weren't such greedt gits that is. :rolleyes: How can it be cheaper for them to flog it on tv when running the auctions and paying for air time, presenters' and studios staff salaries etc much cost them a fortune, doesn't make any sense at all to me. :WHO KNOWS: :pPC:

I totally agree Sue. They keep having these fantastic (cough cough) clearance events yet I can still see stuff going round on their website that was there over a year go! They obviously don't know the old saying that 10% of something is much better than 100% of nothing!

I totally agree Sue. They keep having these fantastic (cough cough) clearance events yet I can still see stuff going round on their website that was there over a year go! They obviously don't know the old saying that 10% of something is much better than 100% of nothing!

their clearance sales have been going on for quite sometime now, you would have thought that there cellars and their stock rooms would be quite empty by now - or do you reckon its like Scrooge McDucks vaults, and they can quite literally swim in all the jewellery? (just happens i have watched Duck tales the movie - and suffering sleep depravation, my brain is on a slow wind down, if iam spelling incorrectly, my brain and my fingers are not working in unison! lol)

Seems reasonable to ask a little extra, say 10-15%, for the shop or personal shopper in order to encourage the watching of the programmes, but to price in such a way that it's a total deterrant to buying at all is total madness. xxxx

The only thing I ever bought through a personal shopper on Gems was a gorgeous 1 carat+ ceylon padparadscha sapphire a couple of years ago. I saw it on the TV and it went for £199 - out of my league then.
As I drooled over it, my mother who was also watching, said, "If you like it, I'll buy it for you for Christmas." (Thanks, lovely Mum!). By then the action was over, so I rang the ps service.
A lovely lady checked the stock for me, said there was one left and asked how much it went for in the action. When I told her, she checked and said I could have it for the same price. Needless to say, I snatched her hand off.
Aaah, those were the days . . .
BTW, I wear the ring a lot, the stone is still in place and it looks as good as the day it arrived.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back