No Squabble Money Return Policy ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
After years of not ordering anything from QVC, I was lured back and ordered 3 clothing items .
One was a cardigan with lurex threads all over and was very scratchy just trying it on, so no way would I be wearing it
The other 2 were dresses ,one was far too tight , the other was too large. They both were not cheap, especially the dress from Finery.
I remembered reading about the Distance Selling Regulations here a while ago and thought of trying it.
Has anyone used this to return goods to QVC ?
Did you meet any problems?
I rang Customer Service within that week and the lady was very nice and said she will send me labels to save me the postage. I asked if I had to email them regarding the 14 day requirement and she said there was no need.
Over the following days I received one label . I waited for the others.
My other half advised me to ring for the other labels.
He said that they might be waiting till the 14 days were over and may use that as an excuse to refuse accepting the clothes. I said I was sure they will not.
Today I rang Customer Services to say I was still waiting for the remaining labels
It was a male ( I do not call everyone a gentleman / lady unless they deserve to be called so ) who informed me that * they cannot accept returns simply because I did not like them* o_Oo_Oo_O
I replied it was not a question of not liking them, but they did not fit me and were not the sizes given in their web.
He told me sizing given there are not always correct 😳
I informed him that I had rang QVC well within 14 days of receiving them.
I also let him know what my other half had said
In the end he said he will be sending me the labels.
I informed my other half what had occurred ( I hate it when he is right) and I got the usual " advised you many times not to get anything from them " :rolleyes:
* So why do the presenters keep telling us " wear them , use them for 60 days
wear them outside, wash them and if you still do not like them, send them back and there will be no questions asked We have the no squabble money return policy " * 😮

After years of not ordering anything from QVC, I was lured back and ordered 3 clothing items .
One was a cardigan with lurex threads all over and was very scratchy just trying it on, so no way would I be wearing it
The other 2 were dresses ,one was far too tight , the other was too large. They both were not cheap, especially the dress from Finery.
I remembered reading about the Distance Selling Regulations here a while ago and thought of trying it.
I rang Customer Service within that week and the lady was very nice and said she will send me labels to save me the postage. I asked if I had to email them regarding the 14 day requirement and she said there was no need.
He said that they might be waiting till the 14 days were over and may use that as an excuse to refuse accepting the clothes. I said I was sure they will not.
Today I rang Customer Services to say I was still waiting for the remaining labels
It was a male ( I do not call everyone a gentleman / lady unless they deserve to be called so ) who informed me that * they cannot accept returns simply because I did not like them* o_Oo_Oo_O
I replied it was not a question of not liking them, but they did not fit me and were not the sizes given in their web.
I informed my other half what had occurred ( I hate it when he is right) and I got the usual " advised you many times not to get anything from them " :rolleyes:
wear them outside, wash them and if you still do not like them, send them back and there will be no questions asked We have the no squabble money return policy " * 😮
The Distance Selling Regulations, known as Consumer Contracts Regulations since 2014, and Q's 60 day money back guarantee are not the same. You cannot send back under CCR if you have worn it or it is over 14 days whereas with MBG you can.

I think what he probably meant was that you weren't entitled to free returns because they were not suitable. Although the comment about sizes not necessarily being correct is a bit daft.
I have not tried the Distant Selling before and mentioned that to the Customer Service lady and asked her if she would guide me through it . I did not mention postage at all and It was that lady who offered the labels. I thought one of the postage was saved, don't know which.

The Distance Selling Regulations, known as Consumer Contracts Regulations since 2014, and Q's 60 day money back guarantee are not the same. You cannot send back under CCR if you have worn it or it is over 14 days whereas with MBG you can.
Not worn at all , only tried on and that also only once (y)

Although the returns labels will mean that you won’t have to pay the postage to get them back to QVC, you may not get the original P&P back. You’ll probably just get the cost of the items refunded.

I actually used the distance selling rule to return a beauty light. I received it 2 weeks ago and returned it within 2 days of receiving it. I emailed them using the form on their website. I received confirmation within 3 days and they said they would issue refund once item has been received and inspected. I received an email yesterday saying my refund had been processed including my initial postage. I used Evri (drop off shop) to return it to save on all the drama. It cost £3.65 so only out of pocket by 70p lolllll. I found it very easy to do.

They cannot accept returns because you don’t like them? I thought that was the whole point of the 14day window with online selling generally, and the “use and make sure it’s what you want” 60 day MBG! I thought the only difference was whether you got your postage back.

I must just give a mention to Seasalt now. I returned an item through their returns portal. I registered the item online, printed the label (this was the same day as receipt) and packed it up. Next day I took it to the PO and the scanning of the barcode starts The refund process! I got my email confirming repayment the next day (although I haven’t actually checked yet!).

Because if you wear them and wash them then under the sale of good act you have to pay for a return. But if there was a fault I.e the items fell apart on the wash then you would be covered by the sale of goods act.

The 60 try it and wear it is a scam. Most folks ow what they want when they try it on. QVC are just making it harder to do returns. Other companies give you pre paid labels. QVC don't. I have to say the worse company to buy clothes from is QVC. They are not the best quality unless you get the higher end high street brands and they are cheaper than QVC anyway

Spot on. QVC are being sly

They cannot accept returns because you don’t like them? I thought that was the whole point of the 14day window with online selling generally, and the “use and make sure it’s what you want” 60 day MBG! I thought the only difference was whether you got your postage back.

I must just give a mention to Seasalt now. I returned an item through their returns portal. I registered the item online, printed the label (this was the same day as receipt) and packed it up. Next day I took it to the PO and the scanning of the barcode starts The refund process! I got my email confirming repayment the next day (although I haven’t actually checked yet!).
Same with Amazon. I got new straighteners and reviews were all good. Plugged it in and it sparked,banged and tripped the breaker for the sockets. I got a QR code from them straight away and took it to our local Evri drop off this morning, this afternoon received an email stating a refund has been issued. It took 24 hours last time to appear on my credit card. Nothing showing atm as it's gone 3.30 pm.

When to see something on a computer it’s not always going to look the same shade shape etc as it does when you receive so “don’t like it “ is not unreasonable Imho
Using it for 60 days and then sending back must have all of qvc bosses etc cringing and panicking 🤣 gawd

We have a new jewellery shop opened, real and lab - created diamonds are all they sell. I noticed they have a 60-day money-back guarantee. The first time I have seen that in a shop, right in the front window.

We have a new jewellery shop opened, real and lab - created diamonds are all they sell. I noticed they have a 60-day money-back guarantee. The first time I have seen that in a shop, right in the front window.
With Jewellery they can always clean it professionally and sell it again as new if they want. QVC dont bother with all that palaver.

I think I might call myself an expert returner - oops.

You are only entitled to your outward p and p (not the return postage costs) when returning under the statutory right to cancel (that's what QVC call it) ie you haven't worn/used it. If you have worn it then it's the normal 60 days right to return and you might as well keep it for the full period and try wearing again - no postage is refunded either way. For the STC you have to give notice within 14 days (of receipt - you can also cancel before you receive it).

Generally they bulk sell on worn clothes as cabbage stock to resellers. Someone somewhere is going to want to buy a dress that was worn once or twice (please QVC do not sell us stuff that has already been worn and sent back - we can tell it a mile off).

I use the QVC standard online form (subject returns) and always inform them it's on its way back. I get things straight back otherwise they will say you have worn it (it happened to me - I hadn't, but it was delayed due to Xmas post). I also tend to email about MBG just so I have a record.

I use Hermes/Evri to return - my local courier picks up. It means I have an audit trail of having sent it. I have more than one item (I really haven't been buying much of late - I tend to be more of an Xmas purchaser) I put them all one box, take a photo and put the order numbers on the Evri form.

For STC I always check the refunds to make sure they refund the outgoing P& P. About 30% of the time they don't and I have to email.
Hope this helps.

PS make sure you do not return more than 50% of your purchases otherwise you get the dreaded we need to speak letter.

Distance selling regs means you can get your outward postage included in your refund - not necessarily free postage to return it. It’s a completely separate thing to the QVC MBG, which does mean you can wear it or do what you like with it but you’re responsible for paying postage to return it. Like someone else has said it’s probably what the second person you spoke to meant - you’re not entitled to a free return under either the MBG or distance selling regs, so to be fair to them I think you did well getting free postage to return the items.

Thank you everyone for replies (y)
I found them helpful 🙏
My grump was: I contacted them within a week.
I did not wear the items as one was far too small and the other was much too large . I ordered them according the bust size given
He said, "cannot refund because you don't like it "
I was sending them back NOT because I did not like them , but because they were the wrong size.
So much for the QVC policy of items can be returned with no squabbles.
His statement that "the sizes given on the web are not right" was the reason I found they did not fit me and I think they have an obligation to give out the correct measurements, or put the HS sizes in brackets.
Bring back the tape measure so the presenters can measure the items like they did years ago.
I wish they fitted me, then I could have worn them in spite .

I thought I followed all the DSR rules.
1) I contacted QVC well within the 14 days
2) I did not wear them
3)They were returned with the labels still attached.
I did not ask for postage labels, the lady I spoke to said she will send them.
QVC makes good profit by their p&p. It is a lot cheaper for us to send items back.
So labels will work out cheaper for them than returning me the outcoming postage
I have noticed that p&p for some of Kim's items are £ 5.95 !!

Clothing from QVC is a real nono. The fit and quality are usually poor. So I avoid buying clothes from QVC to save the hassle. I live near a lot of quality shops so no need to buy clothes from QVC ever

Thank you everyone for replies (y)
I found them helpful 🙏
My grump was: I contacted them within a week.
I did not wear the items as one was far too small and the other was much too large . I ordered them according the bust size given
He said, "cannot refund because you don't like it "
I was sending them back NOT because I did not like them , but because they were the wrong size.
So much for the QVC policy of items can be returned with no squabbles.
His statement that "the sizes given on the web are not right" was the reason I found they did not fit me and I think they have an obligation to give out the correct measurements, or put the HS sizes in brackets.
Bring back the tape measure so the presenters can measure the items like they did years ago.
I wish they fitted me, then I could have worn them in spite .

I thought I followed all the DSR rules.
1) I contacted QVC well within the 14 days
2) I did not wear them
3)They were returned with the labels still attached.
I did not ask for postage labels, the lady I spoke to said she will send them.
QVC makes good profit by their p&p. It is a lot cheaper for us to send items back.
So labels will work out cheaper for them than returning me the outcoming postage
I have noticed that p&p for some of Kim's items are £ 5.95 !!

I’d say you’ve definitely followed the DSR rules, but those rules do only say that you have the right to cancel the order and get a full refund of monies paid, including the postage to you, so In terms of those regulations, QVC have also complied fully.
I doubt any of us would argue that QVC’s postage policy is pants, and probably what the bloke on the phone said about the website sizes is pretty dubious, but return postage isn’t a requirement of the DSR, nor is it covered by the QVC MBG, so if they’re covering that for you I think it all sounds fairly reasonable.
The money back guarantee (which they don’t actually call the ‘no quibble’ guarantee like they used to) says you can send the item back and they’ll refund your payment which they’ve said they’ll do - they’re not refusing to accept the return, AND they’re paying for you to return it so as much as it pains me to say it, I think QVC have done ok. 🤷‍♀️

Latest posts

Back