Can I ask what changed at TJC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NikkiS

Tanzanite Flasher!
... to change your opinions about it?

As you know I am new to this forum and have been scrolling through old posts etc. Obviously your opinions about TJC were low at one point, on the whole, but now you are much more positive.

Some of the things that have been complained about - ie, constantly harping on about the rarity of my beloved tanzanite - are still happening all the time (I'm watching it now) and this lady I'm watching keeps saying tanzanite could go for £1000 a carat, which I know a lot of you weren't happy about hearing on Rocks and Co.

Please believe me when I say I'm not trying to stir up issues as I've seen others do and I'm not a plant from any other company - I think a lot of you know me from RcoksTV anf Facebook! I'm just genuinely curious.

Thanks

Nikki x

Hi Nikki
well where do i start lol when TJC launched they were fantastic their jewellery was very high quality and at the time there was only gems tv as a jewellery channel (selling only jewellery) realy to compare them to, TJCs gold weight were very high (alot of my 1st Iliana pieces weight around 7-10 grams) the diamond accents were huge and great quality and they sold alot of high end items at fab prices they also did alot of break points which was great and their Customer service was brilliant.
Then over time things started to change the auctions were very long and when clearly no body wanted to buy the item they were trying to sell they'd stay on it for a lifetime, then when they first sold Alexandrite they told us it was Russian so alot of people bought it we later found out it was actually Indian and alot of people were rightly very upset, we were all offered a full refund, then the jewellers they used to re-size the rings were shocking and ruined peoples jewellery (admittedly not TJCs fault), then the great customer service team started falling apart as all the great staff/managers left, i think then there was a hoo har over there parabia tourmaline as to wether it was Brazilian as they claimed that also turned out not to be the case, then the quality of jewellery went down hill a little and i personaly started to received chipped stones ect, parcels were getting lost in the post and the warehouse and CS were not very helpful with it, and realy they just weren't listening to their customers.
But now they are the most interactive channel with their texts and emails so if you want an item they will auction it again for you which no other channel does, the auctions are timed and faster.
I could go on but i'm sure you have fallen asleep already lol.

I can only offer an opinion from a viewers pov as I have not yet bought anything from TJC(due to not having the funds :()

As I am a cable customer I never really got much chance to watch and when I did some auctions semed to last forever,slowly chipping the price,even the presenters were bored...this came across on the screen!!

Now the auctions are quick and this makes for exciting viewing,the presenters are fun to watch and they all bring their different personalities to the screen,so even though I cannot afford to buy I like to watch and when funds allow I will be purchasing something I am sure.

To pick up on our point re tanzanite..........the presenters state that Tanzy on the open market could retail for £1000 per carat,this is very different to R&C self appointed gem hunter stating that he buys his tanzy at £1000 per carat!!!!

How true the stated open market price is ie high st price,I do not really know,don't think I have seen any tanzy in any jewellery shops near me to compare,what I do know is that they sell really good quality tanzy that falls within the fair price that Meeshoo,our very own bling expert,states we should be paying.

Another thing I like,something that gemcherub has already mentioned,is that it is very interactive,asking viewers to text and email what they want to see auctioned,often bringing items forward so that everyone can get what they want when they want,how it should be.

I also like that they offer something for everyone,affordable silver to the expensive platinum and everything inbetween......GTV also does the same,though TJC beats everyone when it comes to high end pieces,this is where imo R&C really fall down,they do not sell silver items and there more affordable items are in such a puny amount of metal that it's not even worth bothering!

To pick up on our point re tanzanite..........the presenters state that Tanzy on the open market could retail for £1000 per carat,this is very different to R&C self appointed gem hunter stating that he buys his tanzy at £1000 per carat!!!!

this is where imo R&C really fall down,they do not sell silver items and there more affordable items are in such a puny amount of metal that it's not even worth bothering!

You see, this is why I don't buy from Rocks and Co - even I, total ameteur as I am, know that their tanzanite is horrendously overpriced, and I too enjoy picking up little things in silver.....

Thanks for the comments so far - very enlightening! I am very much looking forward to seeing my first pieces from TJC!

n x

Hi Nikki...good question!

All the points mentioned above and just to elaborate on Cherub's point about damaged stock and deliveries not appearing. They had a warehouse sited some distance away from the studios and I don't know why it kept happening but apparently stock was being damaged in the warehouse and therefore not passing QC or still being sent out to customers! I believe they now have a different warehouse and shipping system.

I think TJC have expanded over time the range of gemstones, at one point it seemed that only Tanzanite/Diamond/Tanzanite/Diamond was being sold! mysmilie_1436
Indeed our much missed pal Steve Ashton used to 'comment' on it now and again...mysmilie_1537

My only regret with this channel is that their default size of ring is O....which is too large for me, even size N is a bit loose, dependent on style. Would be so tempting otherwise....:mysmilie_738.gif:

I have the same problem with size o - and like you, N is a bit loose on me!

It's really interesting to see how it's changed, in the past I've logged on to see some poor woman desperately trying to flog a diamond with tumbleweed blowing across the studio - now it seems really busy. I adore RocksTV as I think everyone knows but in the TJC clearance I have seen things going for cheaper than even Steve Bennett does them - 2.57 ct of aquamarine in yellow gold for £49.99? I'm impressed! Not that I'm leaving RocksTV any time soon - I love logging in and buying there!!

N xxx

N xxx

To put very simply, TJC sell good pieces at not over inflated prices, and also they seem to take on customers views and change where possible (shorter auctions etc). They will also bring to air any item available if requested ..try asking Gems to do the same! They also do some great "treat price" silver pieces, which i love picking up too!

Sweetpea, you took the words right out of my mouth - oh that's the name of a song isn't it?! Question is - who sang it???

TJC and Gems TV both say "you can pay up to £1000 a carat for Tanzanite on the High Street". The BIG difference is that Rocks & Co presenters have said that Tony Diniz pays £1000 or sometimes it's $1000 a carat. That would mean that every piece of Tanzanite they sell would be at a massive loss. Emmmm.....I don't think so!

Actually if you read their recent ASA adjudication, they told them they sell their Patroke Kunzite at a loss too! What a generous bunch they are!!

I haven't bought much from TJC, but the things I have bought have all been very good quality, and I've not been disappointed. I don't buy rings, because their size O is way too big, and I can't be bothered with resizing, and the issues that can bring with it.

You asked what changed peoples minds about it, it appears they took notice of their customer's comments, took them on board and acted on them.

Have only really discovered the joys of tv shopping quite recently Nikki, so can't comment on the previous problems with TJC, but speaking as the owner of size O fingers (or sausage fingers as my charming OH calls them), I'm very happy with the default sizing of the rings :grin:

Only problem is, with no need for resizing, the quality of their jewellery, good gold weights and entertaining presenters .....

I've bought LOADS in the short time since I discovered them and my CC has now gone into hiding!

One thing that does annoy me though is the postage charges, I really wish they would amalgamate orders made in the same day and charge just the one postage (or add a small amount for handling for each subsequent item), especially when they all arrive in the same parcel, as other channels do .... I bought 3 or 4 things on the same day once and ended up paying about £13 in postage. They do have a sliding scale dependant on number of items purchased, but its still a hefty charge.

I don't really want to re-hash the past about TJC because they really do seem to have learned by their mistakes and it's fair to say that if you don't know about it then it's best left alone.

At one point I was one of their best customers, I then became one of their biggest critics and now I buy the odd piece here and there (nothing to do with TJC but I just don't want/need more jewellery)!

To my mind they have some fantastic designs, the majority of their pieces are priced according to quality (so basically you pay for what you get) and their Tanzanite in the Rhapsody (and some of their Iliana) can't be beaten for price or quality. Once you've seen a high grade Tanzanite piece from them, you won't buy it elsewhere and you'll be able to see the difference immediately - the saturation, for the price per carat, is unbeatable.

CS is still a bit hit and miss but definitely tons better than it was.

And of course they have Delboy, Derky, ickle Jim Brooman who has me in stitches and my favourite used car salesman, Ian (soz Ian, mwah!). For me, Del has THE BEST gemstone knowledge of any of the presenters on any of the channels.

Thank you for all your responses. I am very much enjoying trekking through old posts in all the forum areas. it's interesting to see what customer power does!

N x

And of course they have Delboy, Derky, ickle Jim Brooman who has me in stitches and my favourite used car salesman, Ian (soz Ian, mwah!). For me, Del has THE BEST gemstone knowledge of any of the presenters on any of the channels.

Ian I find hard to watch with the sound up. His NO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY and THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOO GONNA GO turns me right off and I just can't buy anything when he's on.

But let's not forget Steve Milne who I find very watchable. ;) He reminds me so much of Jake Shears, got any blue leather trousers Steve?? :D Love his humour too, anyone hear him this morning when he referred to himself as the other Queen of Sparkle?? :SUE: Such a waste. :13: More Steve please. :rock: :pPC:

I agree with you PPC, Ian does a bit too much shouting for me. Steve was funny yesterday, he got stroppy because several rings in a row didn't sell. He said "Is anyone awake out there" and they stuck on a Ruby ring for £1.95 and it flew out - I was too late! I'd love to see them do a show with Steve and Del together, it would be hilarious.

Latest posts

Back