Cringe!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

L

Lee Jones

Guest Shopper
When they take these telephone calls from customers...

I think Baz was trying to fill some major time earlier when he got onto asking a lady if she prefered white or yellow gold.

:mysmilie_61:

What is wrong with asking someone if they prefer white or yellow gold? :confused:

Well nothing to be fair, but it did follow...

"Are you a longstanding web customer or just found us on Sky?"

"What have you bought?"

"When did they arrive?"

"What did you think?"

"What's your favourite gem stone?"

... just seemed very drawn out and praise praise praise Rocks!

:mysmilie_701:

Because they have been having gremlins, they have had to fill the time somehow while they couldn't do auctions - usually they are very entertaining, but sometimes it must be difficult to think of something new to say!

Well nothing to be fair, but it did follow...

"Are you a longstanding web customer or just found us on Sky?"

"What have you bought?"

"When did they arrive?"

"What did you think?"

"What's your favourite gem stone?"

... just seemed very drawn out and praise praise praise Rocks!

:mysmilie_701:

Hi Lee
Just my opinion ....They deserve to have some on air praise they have managed all of this from scratch 2yrs ago..It's a very big acheivement by anyones standards.. "Well done The Bennetts!!!:mysmilie_696::mysmilie_698:

Mirabelle x

Hi Lee
Just my opinion ....They deserve to have some on air praise they have managed all of this from scratch 2yrs ago..It's a very big acheivement by anyones standards.. "Well done The Bennetts!!!:mysmilie_696::mysmilie_698:

Mirabelle x

I was under the impression that Steve Bennett and a few members of him team were the ones who launched Gems TV quite a few years ago, so not all achieved in two years, as I'm sure Gems has provided them with lots of knowledge and understanding.

Anyway, this is turning into another negative thread where it looks like I am agaisn't them when I'm honestly not...

Really enjoying the channel, just was having a little bit of a fun post!

it's because you're knocking our Baz & he is a true legend! Love him :)

it's because you're knocking our Baz & he is a true legend! Love him :)

Yeah....we don't take kindly to Baz knocking!!! Lol!!!

....to be honest, they are a brand brand new channel in so far as Sky is concerned, and having customers on the line saying fab things about them is probably the best advert they could show, and it costs them absolutely jack all!!!!! Makes an awful lot of sense from a marketing perspective, and for us, given I have been shopping with Rocks since about 3 days into beta testing, it's a lovely chance to actually speak to the people with whom we have been interacting for the past 2 years.

Goodness my posts do get taken in the wrong context... I've been laughing a way at Baz for the last hour or so, have already said he is one of my two favs on here.

I just meant it's cringe having to listen to some of the callers, the last one whilst Steve and Baz was handing over was even worse!

Goodness my posts do get taken in the wrong context... I've been laughing a way at Baz for the last hour or so, have already said he is one of my two favs on here.

I just meant it's cringe having to listen to some of the callers, the last one whilst Steve and Baz was handing over was even worse!

Barry AND Steve bashing....ooooo you'll be lucky to escape alive!!! :mysmilie_61:

Hi Lee, you are entitled to express your views.

The Bennett's are very experienced in live tv with Gems TV and Vinapris.

At the risk of bringing the devoted fans on this forum on my back.

This week launch has been a bit of a shambles and not what I expected.
I am not a customer of Rock tv as yet, I have watched on the web and not tempted as yet!

Btw, I switch to mute or change channel when QVC/Ideal World put callers on the show.
I do the same with Rocks tv.

Sapphireblue

Sapphireblue

loved his get up ~(barry) for the halloween show, even though it was only online - brilliant.
So glad tey are fianlly where they need and should be.,
makes you wonder what happened all those years ago with the Bennetts leaving GemsTelevision. It has changes so much. Some good, some bad. Very good to see Rocks TV where it ahould be, on our TV screens. Congrats!

I was under the impression that Steve Bennett and a few members of him team were the ones who launched Gems TV quite a few years ago, so not all achieved in two years, as I'm sure Gems has provided them with lots of knowledge and understanding.

Anyway, this is turning into another negative thread where it looks like I am agaisn't them when I'm honestly not...

Really enjoying the channel, just was having a little bit of a fun post!

:mysmilie_348: Thanks for your posts Lee, goodness me lighten up dont be so touchy mate, I wasn't being negative to your thread, not sure why you would think that...

We are all here to have our opinions...anyway this is a rockstv thread it's not about gemstv thats where steve was a partner and sold his shares and moved on with other things, that didn't work out, and as gemstones have always been his passion....
I'm saying he and his family started up rockstv in 2yrs from scratch with just the website and a customer base that built up his venture enough to go on the tv.... thats the praise I'm referring to..

Mirabelle x

Barry AND Steve bashing....ooooo you'll be lucky to escape alive!!! :mysmilie_61:

No, you see I can only stress again that I was not 'bashing' the presenters, it's the callers I find cringeworthy, I suppose it wouldn't be to bad if they were short testimonials but when they drag on for five minutes like Sapphireblue says, it gets you turning over or muting your remote - for me anyway.

Hi Lee, you are entitled to express your views.

The Bennett's are very experienced in live tv with Gems TV and Vinapris.

At the risk of bringing the devoted fans on this forum on my back.

This week launch has been a bit of a shambles and not what I expected.
I am not a customer of Rock tv as yet, I have watched on the web and not tempted as yet!

Btw, I switch to mute or change channel when QVC/Ideal World put callers on the show.
I do the same with Rocks tv.

Sapphireblue

Sapphireblue

I didn't like to say anything too harsh believe it or not, but I have to say that with the years of live television experience they have, plus the two years they've waited to bring Rocks on TV, just how many issues with delays in launch even down to the countless times mics or talkbacks run out of battery power!

:mysmilie_348: Thanks for your posts Lee, goodness me lighten up dont be so touchy mate, I wasn't being negative to your thread, not sure why you would think that...

Hi Miarbelle, sorry did not mean to look touchy, but as PrincessRacer did above, I felt my post was taken out of context.

what do yu expect them to talk about then?? What they are having for dinner????? The weather ? Where they are going on their holidays? Or perhaps stuff they have bought elsewhere???

I think a big part of the problem arises because the caller is obviously nervous about being 'on tv' etc. The presenter is therefore trying as hard as possible to put them at their ease - the easiest way being is to ask them easy to answer questions. Which, when you're sitting at home may well seem ridiculous. A bit like live quiz shows when we all sit at home shouting the answers out, but the poor person on the tv has had a complete brain meltdown.

I think it must be a very difficult job for a presenter to talk to someone they can't see, who may well be answering each question with a one word answer, thus giving them no lead into the next part of the conversation.

I can see where you're coming from Lee - I think the problem you are having is the way you are saying things - that is all.

Have a great weekend everyone - the country is now running out of plaster of paris for broken bones - so STAY IN AND WATCH ROCKS.TV!!!!! :mysmilie_696:

Some of these so called "cringe" worthy callers are members of this forum. I may even yet call myself if I can muster the courage.

PrincessRacer did above, I felt my post was taken out of context.

Actually I did no such thing! I posted a comment that was a bit of banter - hence the Lol at the end of it - that was in keeping with a comment another member had made to a previous comment you had made. It was also in keeping with the majority of my posts. I am a bit of a joker and a mickey taker, as I am sure there are many on this forum who would testify to.

Also, please could I also ask that if ANYONE has any concern over a comment I have made thinking I have either demeaned, been offensive, or taken something out of context, please either PM me, or pop a post on directed at me rather than expressing your concern as part of an apology to someone else making a rather huge assumption as to my intention. To assume makes an ass of you and me, and I take great exception to it. :mysmilie_687:

Latest posts

Back