Cringe!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i must admit enjoyed doing it and it was nice to here the voices belonging to the names thanks

Hi Tequila,

We loved having you and all the other Telephone callers live on air.

As has already been said we can't please everyone all the time!

Steve thoroughly enjoys speaking to you all and will continue to encourage customers to call through to us.

Kind Regards

Sarah

Hi Tequila,

Steve thoroughly enjoys speaking to you all and will continue to encourage customers to call through to us.

Kind Regards

Sarah

thanks Sarah:mysmilie_348: it just makes you feel more part of it all keep up the good work .I know its not funny for you all the gremlins but it has had me in stitches some of the antics, Rod especially with the hellium ballon had me near wetting myself :mysmilie_17:gonna charge you some stennas soon:mysmilie_61:

Hi Tequila,

Kind Regards

Sarah

Sarah take no notice of some of the comments made :mysmilie_11: we love what you and steve do and we love the idea of being able to chat to you from time to time. Keep doing what your doing we love it .:mysmilie_12:

Thank you Sarah

I loved calling in and speaking to Steve, it was a great opportunity to pass on good wishes in person and to say hi to all friends in chat..this company goes from strength to strength and has a loyal and ever growing customer base. The tiny little moan from a criticiser will have no effect whatsoever.
Keep on calling folks, its great to hear everyone!

I suggest they talk about less waffle and cut the call from 5 minutes to 1 minute.

I'm sorry if my opinion offends some people who give me the impression that they only want to read positive comments.

Don't get me started on Joy who is currently on the line...

:mysmilie_81:

Lee, Why continue to watch if so many things bother you? Time to find the "off" or "switch channels" button on your remote maybe? Just my opinon but nothing seems to please you.

I'm waiting to hear mummybear phone in when matts on lol
It'll be like eavesdropping on a date lol
I agree with what you said we love rocks even if its not everyones idea of fun

I'm waiting to hear mummybear phone in when matts on lol
It'll be like eavesdropping on a date lol
I agree with what you said we love rocks even if its not everyones idea of fun

hahahaha that sooooo wont happen id be gushing like a school girl lol :mysmilie_17: but i did meet him and got a nice big :mysmilie_12: from him. Anyway he is very shy and i wouldnt want to makle him blush :mysmilie_34:

So if you dont like it dont watch simples!!!!

Are you speaking on behalf of the channel then? Would they rather people didn't bother watching instead of posting their criticism? Steve keeps asking people to let him know how they can improve, and in a non-cringe-worthy T-Call way, I'm doing that!

Maybe we could apply your same thought train to forums, if you don't like people posting their opinions which differ from yours... don't read and reply to them - SIMPLES.

:mysmilie_61:

Are you speaking on behalf of the channel then? Would they rather people didn't bother watching instead of posting their criticism? Steve keeps asking people to let him know how they can improve, and in a non-cringe-worthy T-Call way, I'm doing that!

Maybe we could apply your same thought train to forums, if you don't like people posting their opinions which differ from yours... don't read and reply to them - SIMPLES.

:mysmilie_61:

There is criticising a chanel then there is being horrible about people which you have been. Nobody invited you here to be nasty to other folk. By all means put forward you points regarding channels and they way they do buissness but please dont be nasty about people who call in, some of which are lonely people who dont see many people so see it as a chance for a nice conversation about something they enjoy.
And as ive said before nobody is forcing you to watch rocks or even post here if it bothers you dontwatch and dont post here.

There is criticising a chanel then there is being horrible about people which you have been. Nobody invited you here to be nasty to other folk. By all means put forward you points regarding channels and they way they do buissness but please dont be nasty about people who call in, some of which are lonely people who dont see many people so see it as a chance for a nice conversation about something they enjoy.
And as ive said before nobody is forcing you to watch rocks or even post here if it bothers you dontwatch and dont post here.

I haven't been horrible about anyone, I like Rocks TV, I've watched them more than any other jewellery offering since they launched, I've praised them in many a threads... all I said was I find some of the T-Callers cringeworthy - that is my opinion and I'm sure other people watching agree and would rather see that time spent auctioning more items.

I haven't been horrible about anyone, I like Rocks TV, I've watched them more than any other jewellery offering since they launched, I've praised them in many a threads... all I said was I find some of the T-Callers cringeworthy - that is my opinion and I'm sure other people watching agree and would rather see that time spent auctioning more items.

Ok so why then come on a forum where you know most of said cringeworthy callers would be ?? And fyi when said cringeworthy callers were calling in rocks had technical isseus so could not auction any items anyway.

I had no idea that the "said" callers were members of this forum - I'm sure they are not all members on here.

Plus only one of a handful of callers I've seen, were taken to air because of technical problems, at least two were taken during an auction...

Horses for courses, I don't like them - you do, we shall agree to disagree.

I had no idea that the "said" callers were members of this forum - I'm sure they are not all members on here.

Plus only one of a handful of callers I've seen, were taken to air because of technical problems, at least two were taken during an auction...

Horses for courses, I don't like them - you do, we shall agree to disagree.

Lee, I think the reason people are getting upset is that they feel that you are insulting the callers, saying they are cringeworthy and speaking of nothing of any importance. A LOT of the callers are long term Rocks users, the vast majority of whome post on here, so people think you are making a personal attack on other forum members.

You have mentioned that you weren't aware that many of the callers are members here, and I accept that. I would like to think that if you had, you would perhaps have been a little more diplomatic in your wording!!

As you say though, horses for courses. For you it is an unwelcome distraction from auctions, for those of us who have been with Rocks since the start (oh ok, you caught me....from 3 days in!!! Lol!!) it is a really welcome chance to speak to the people we have been interacting with for ages. Personally I am pleased that they have decided to include this as one of the concerns when they went live was the loss of interaction between the chat and the presenters, but I understand that there are those who don't see things the way I do.

Steady on everyone, be fair.

Lee's paid his six quid and, out of the goodness of his heart, he's is bringing light to the darkness that is ST.com

Come what may, Lee is going to share his outstanding opinions on anything and everything. So let's give him a round of applause for being such a brave pioneer in the face of adversity.

Hip Hip Hooray!

Here we go again, I opened this thread as it looked like a light-hearted funny little laugh at a situation that fequently arises and what on earth happened. :mysmilie_81:

I'm on the outside looking in and it started well. I can see LJs posts are not intended to offend but there is def an over reaction going on.

Plus in one thread I'm reading that we don't like the ''well don't watch then'' as a response followed by it being used here to push out a member with a differing opinion.

This thread should not be taken personally (IMO) even if you have called in can you not giggle at yourself if you struggled? I've not really watched this channel but I've often felt uncomfortable when it has happened on QVC, sometimes the caller has gone on, and on and you can see the presenter glance across for help from the floor, shoot me but yes I have kinda cringed and laughed on their behalf. I actually feel much the same way about people who allow themselves to be filmed on holiday giving their little review for either the resort or the hotel. You can see where the 'creature comforts' animation comes from and it is amusing because it is human! :mysmilie_17:

I mean no offense to anyone either before anyone takes exception to my post and I'm sorry if anyone does take it that way :mysmilie_34:

Here we go again, I opened this thread as it looked like a light-hearted funny little laugh at a situation that fequently arises and what on earth happened. :mysmilie_81:

I'm on the outside looking in and it started well. I can see LJs posts are not intended to offend but there is def an over reaction going on.

Plus in one thread I'm reading that we don't like the ''well don't watch then'' as a response followed by it being used here to push out a member with a differing opinion.

This thread should not be taken personally (IMO) even if you have called in can you not giggle at yourself if you struggled? I've not really watched this channel but I've often felt uncomfortable when it has happened on QVC, sometimes the caller has gone on, and on and you can see the presenter glance across for help from the floor, shoot me but yes I have kinda cringed and laughed on their behalf. I actually feel much the same way about people who allow themselves to be filmed on holiday giving their little review for either the resort or the hotel. You can see where the 'creature comforts' animation comes from and it is amusing because it is human! :mysmilie_17:

I mean no offense to anyone either before anyone takes exception to my post and I'm sorry if anyone does take it that way :mysmilie_34:

:mysmilie_348: I have to agree with Reddwarf here - having read Lee's posting, he was making an observation not slagging anyone off! I know exactly what Lee means, as I happened to be watching the other day when it was Steve Bennett and that young lad (really lovely hair, and he is always impeccable dressed - dont know his name, but he is so entertaining and 110% brillaint at his job!) well they had a caller - it wasnt female - and I felt sorry for Steve and this lad - the bloke just went on and on and on, to the point i turned over, and i exagerate not! 3 times and he was still wittering away!

thoroughly enjoyed my chat on phone

:mysmilie_348: guys

I just wanted to say that from being a rocks customer from day 1, I thoroughly enjoyed my little chat on air with Steve and Rod, and since I missed their last two open days I was delighted to be able to meet them this way!
I do hope I didn't make a fool of myself I've become paranoid now.. :mysmilie_697:...so much so I may ring in again soon..:mysmilie_61:

It was great to hear friends old and new that we've made on chat!

Mirabelle xx

I guess that this is your opinion, and I agree, I don't think Lee was meaning to slag anyone off in his original comments, or for anyone to be upset. But this is just how I have perceived and interpreted his comments, and I appreciate and understand that others have read and perceived them differently, have been offended or upset, and I was trying to explain this alternate perception in my post above.

As I said earlier, it was something completely seperate that I became upset about, which I have addressed and am leaving there.

I think we all have to accept that some have been upset, and that everyone has the right to reply whether they agree or disagree with comments. We cannot simply tell people not to be offended because of our own interpretation of posts. I am a Samaritan in my spare time, and a huge thing that we learn is to never give advice. Advice is always based on our own experiences, on our own opinions, on our own values and on our own circumstances and will always be what would be best for US in a similar situation. We simply cannot know whether this advice is the best thing for another person who we don't really know. This is surely very similar.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back