Cringe!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Actually I did no such thing! I posted a comment that was a bit of banter - hence the Lol at the end of it - that was in keeping with a comment another member had made to a previous comment you had made. It was also in keeping with the majority of my posts. I am a bit of a joker and a mickey taker, as I am sure there are many on this forum who would testify to.

Also, please could I also ask that if ANYONE has any concern over a comment I have made thinking I have either demeaned, been offensive, or taken something out of context, please either PM me, or pop a post on directed at me rather than expressing your concern as part of an apology to someone else making a rather huge assumption as to my intention. To assume makes an ass of you and me, and I take great exception to it. :mysmilie_687:

No worries, PR Poppet, we all get your humour and won't take offence at your comments. Keep up the good work Sweetie... :mysmilie_12:

here we go again...:(

seems like more & more threads are ending up taking this direction, really saddens me.

Sorry if my comments have upset, but I wasn't trying to be offy when I posted the original comment, it was only ever meant as banter. To then have a comment made about me to someone else I found infuriating. Apologies.

Oh I hope so, MrsJ!! I don't like upsetting people!! If I pop on a post with an element of negativity, I do try and be as diplomatic as I can so as not to cause offense....in the words of Michael Jackson to Paul McArtney when they were discussing to whom the girl belongs, "I'm a lover, not a fighter"!! :)

PR, my comments were for the thread as a whole - definitely not directed at any individual :)

i have no suggestions to make things 'better' either, it just saddens me to see the same scenario played out multiple times at the moment.

peace, goodwill etc to all seems to have got lost in the snow for a lot of people i think! are we so wound up by our every day lives that a few words on a screen can have us in a rage & wanting to make sure everyone damn well knows about it?

i dunno, but please all feel free to carry on, i was just expressing my opinion! ;)

....apart from calling James Russell a knob cheese, but hey, that was deserved!!!! Lol!!!

please god forbid, if Argey phones in, only discuss the gems and don't turn the conversation round to Pinky :mysmilie_17:

Wot else am I s'posed to talk about then? I was gonna request they start doing a gem encrusted one on a chain so's I could keep it handy round me neck, wiv me specs. :mysmilie_17: xxxxx

:mysmilie_697: Note to self dont look through the threads whilst drinkin a mug of tea and a sticky bun that mentions Argey and gem encrusted pink thingys !!!!! OUCH ! cough and splutter...................

I think Rocks have done a reasonable job bearing in mind all the technology issues and such for the past few weeks, however they can't seem to please everyone! If they stay off air and broadcast nothing we are not happy, but on the otherhand if they go to air (albeit with some issues) they are chastised again!

Re callers, how many channels encourage viewers to call in for a "natter with the boss"? I think Rocks interaction has been much of their appeal and long may that side of the business continue imo! Lets give them a break eh? They have only been live on Sky less than a week and i'm sure the tech issues will be a thing of the past soon.

Last edited:
what do yu expect them to talk about then?? What they are having for dinner????? The weather ? Where they are going on their holidays? Or perhaps stuff they have bought elsewhere???

I suggest they talk about less waffle and cut the call from 5 minutes to 1 minute.

I'm sorry if my opinion offends some people who give me the impression that they only want to read positive comments.

Don't get me started on Joy who is currently on the line...

:mysmilie_81:

It isn't about only wanting to read positive comments Lee, but you have to accept that people aren't necessarily going to agree with your opinion, and aren't going to read a thread and mull over their opposite viewpoint in their head...they are going to pop on a post that SAYS they disagree. We will always try to be diplomatic about it, and express our opinion in a non inflammatory manner without wanting to cause upset or offense ourselves. We aren't offended, we are just expressing an opposite viewpoint!

The only reason I got offended was because you made a comment about me in a post to another user making a mammoth assumption. It would have been courteous to raise any issue you had with me first so that I could have shown you that you had misunderstood, rather than single me out in a post to other users.

It isn't about only wanting to read positive comments Lee, but you have to accept that people aren't necessarily going to agree with your opinion, and aren't going to read a thread and mull over their opposite viewpoint in their head...they are going to pop on a post that SAYS they disagree. We will always try to be diplomatic about it, and express our opinion in a non inflammatory manner without wanting to cause upset or offense ourselves. We aren't offended, we are just expressing an opposite viewpoint!
The only reason I got offended was because you made a comment about me in a post to another user making a mammoth assumption. It would have been courteous to raise any issue you had with me first so that I could have shown you that you had misunderstood, rather than single me out in a post to other users.

I am offended by the telephone callers remarks made by MrJ, since some of them are/will be members of the forum and unlike presenters are not being paid, seeking to be on telly, etc. but simply folk who want to show some support and then find themselves tongue tied/stage frit. No need to be mean, particularly when MrJ must know that some of them will be reading this. Unless someone says something outrageous or incorrect, why mention it at all? xxxx

Last edited:
....erm.....we aren't offended, except Argey, and anyone else who IS offended.

Sorry Argey! xxxxxxxxxxxx

I suggest they talk about less waffle and cut the call from 5 minutes to 1 minute.

I'm sorry if my opinion offends some people who give me the impression that they only want to read positive comments.

Don't get me started on Joy who is currently on the line...

:mysmilie_81:

i dont find it offensive just RUDE! Nobody has forced you to watch rocks tv . And fyi us chatters like the phonecalls in to the studio and "the waffle" from the presenters. So if you dont like it dont watch simples!!!!

Some of these so called "cringe" worthy callers are members of this forum. I may even yet call myself if I can muster the courage.

I was one of those CRINGE worthy callers:mysmilie_698:thanks LEE you got death wish :mysmilie_61:so did you turn off to save yourself cringing or did you carry on watching

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back