Random musings on TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I dare say if you lived in a small town with limited job opportunities a warehouse or call centre job would be most welcome but let's all complain and rant and put them out of work hoping they go into liquidation. Hope you all have well paid and secure employment.

Good and bad:

Good: I got a callback from a TJC CS rep, sorting a refund/credit issue with a failed item.

Bad: their email CS system issues a case number, but if you reply to a response with the subject line intact with case number it seems to be not received/ignored, down a black hole.

If you send a new email without a case number in subject it gets answered, but get a new case number!

Or in-reply to a case you get a new case number acknowledgement and a new case, making it difficult to follow up an issue.

Best laugh ever at 00:20am. 9k gold turned into 18k and no gram weight shown whatsoever - lying Adi and Kim. Hilarious. £247.99 lol.
You'll rarely see a gram weight on TJC gold. Maybe on the very expensive items, but never on their Maestro 9k gold range. As for treatments, what are they? Their items could be plastic, for all we are told! How do they get away with it ? - very few complaints, that's how! Compare that to Gems TV, constant complaints & they disclose treatments & gold weights! 🤔

Indeed, be wonderful to see some people lose their employment. Nice idea.
It's not just presenters working in these companies.
I'm sure no-one wants that to happen. But if TJC continue to treat their customers like mugs, they deserve to suffer the consequences!

Channel hoping over the past few days the amount of ‘tat’ on air was shocking !
Adi claimed last night silver had increased in price over the past two years by 400% (it hasn’t roughly 20% over 3 years according to a quick check on line ?)
Selling two silver chains collectively 40g for £100 on a BOGOF - not a bargain
I’ve noticed longer lead times and delays on items (usually a week ) I’ve had several orders in the past delayed (though given the option to cancel ) Am I being cynical about their cash flow ? And beauty products sold out of expiry date or several years old (though to be fair all refunded promptly ) Now breathe Guy 😆

Channel hoping over the past few days the amount of ‘tat’ on air was shocking !
Adi claimed last night silver had increased in price over the past two years by 400% (it hasn’t roughly 20% over 3 years according to a quick check on line ?)
Selling two silver chains collectively 40g for £100 on a BOGOF - not a bargain
I’ve noticed longer lead times and delays on items (usually a week ) I’ve had several orders in the past delayed (though given the option to cancel ) Am I being cynical about their cash flow ? And beauty products sold out of expiry date or several years old (though to be fair all refunded promptly ) Now breathe Guy 😆
I've bought several of their silver chains in the past - but not at that price I wouldn't! Yes, silver has risen in price but not by that much!! Do they not realise that anyone can check the price of silver for themselves?

I can't take him seriously at all. Especially when he got a stint as the rentagob for Fabulift on the last incarnation of IW, then turned up on air looking somewhat facially "different" to his usual self. And not in a good way. Cue much amused discussion on here about what he'd had done, and how it didn't exactly show the product he was promoting in a good light.

To give Sherlock his due, he did appear on here and admitted he'd made a mistake with whatever he'd had done. I can't see many other selly telly presenters doing that.

This takes me back. I remember years ago, too many to remember, Peter Sherlock wrote in the old Bid TV forum here that he had got some facial cosmetic surgery done, that he'd promised himself if he successfully stopped smoking.

I thought good for him. He was selling perfumes & beauty stuff on Bid TV. Seeing as I can't imagine anyone took Bid remotely seriously, it was fine for there.

I just think that waxing lyrical about the incredible ingredients & subsequent astonishing wonders of cream X & serum Y, falls a tad flat when it's obvious that the presenter/ "expert", has had noticeable facial work done. I really can't take their presentations seriously.

That said I do like watching Peter Sherlock. He does source some top products and he clearly knows about them. He introduced me to Chopard and Lalique perfumes a long time ago, which I'm very happy about. Still amongst my main go to perfume brands to this day.

To give Sherlock his due, he did appear on here and admitted he'd made a mistake with whatever he'd had done. I can't see many other selly telly presenters doing that.

I still wouldn't buy beauty stuff off him, though 😏
Really? Where on here? What username? Got a link? Thanks.

I dare say if you lived in a small town with limited job opportunities a warehouse or call centre job would be most welcome but let's all complain and rant and put them out of work hoping they go into liquidation. Hope you all have well paid and secure employment.
Agreed, but TJC is a warehouse operation in Feltham, SW London, and they have a UK operations/management/sales/TV team, but also utilise Helpdesk workers in India ([email protected] or the 0800 telephone/chat functions), not UK.
Don't know if they work directly for TJC or are a 3rd party HelpDesk contractor.

So no small-town limited opportunities, afaik.

Agreed, but TJC is a warehouse operation in Feltham, SW London, and they have a UK operations/management/sales/TV team, but also utilise Helpdesk workers in India ([email protected] or the 0800 telephone/chat functions), not UK.
Don't know if they work directly for TJC or are a 3rd party HelpDesk contractor.

So no small-town limited opportunities, afaik.
I’ve spoken to quite a few TJC call centre workers and they are based in Northern Ireland. This is mentioned quite a bit.

I’ve spoken to quite a few TJC call centre workers and they are based in Northern Ireland. This is mentioned quite a bit.
Ok. That could be the sales team, or the/a phone desk? All my CS interactions via email are with Indian names/accents when they occasionally phone back to confirm or update me, instead of email reply.

Maybe the email/online desk in India is separate to the phone helpdesks, but seems unlikely? Or there's NI and India desks, perhaps for shared functions or follow-the-sun 24/7 cover.

In any case, I don't wish to see Shop TJC close either, although CS are trying my patience at the moment with their inaccurate actions and responses and email case system that seems to drop or miss replies...

My interactions have 99% with customer service have been with what I presume Indian call centre - usually weekday daytime and I’ve found them generally a positive experience mainly …
It appears Mr Gould is doing an eight hour shift today - seems to have smartened up jacket but too small shirt …
And several on air items won’t be despatched until 27th May … for all of its faults at least QVC don’t charge you until despatch - TJC will have 1,000’s of customer orders and money in the company’s coffers …

My interactions have 99% with customer service have been with what I presume Indian call centre - usually weekday daytime and I’ve found them generally a positive experience mainly …
It appears Mr Gould is doing an eight hour shift today - seems to have smartened up jacket but too small shirt …
And several on air items won’t be despatched until 27th May … for all of its faults at least QVC don’t charge you until despatch - TJC will have 1,000’s of customer orders and money in the company’s coffers …
...seems to have smartened up jacket but too small shirt …

The reason for this is that when he began his shift he was only 10 years old.

The bloke never seems to be off-screen, unless I have the knack of flicking over when he's on every time....

It does look as if the presenters are actually reading on this forum and reacting accordingly which is good.They just can’t resist.

He’s obviously one of TJC’s best sellers and appears to know his products (sometimes with a lot of hyperbole !) His Insta is mainly posts of drinking and going out with his mates - he says he off till Weds but given they change the schedule a lot …
He stated that they are nearly at 40 million meals donated - they really should update their trailers - the years of Trust Joy & Community (!) varies and the awful promo of the motley crew of TJC is back in rotation 🤦‍♂️
Finally where is Nitesh (though not complaining !)

Latest posts

Back