Random musings on TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PhaedrusR

Check out your baskets
Fyi, tag line on TJC, Gamages watch clearance slot, 7pm Friday.

May setup a Zoom watchalong, if anyone interested to laugh along on zoom together with Fields/Gamages TJC at that time?

P.S. am I the only one to have an issue streaming TJC live (intermittent, slow, adaptive bitrate issues) on my ISP, but if I use VPN over *same* connection, or use another different ISP, then it's fine! It used to be ok, but changed over recent weeks? Weird.

Also, the flat-rate capped £7.99 p&p on multiple item orders has ceased. TJC now charging p&p per item with no cap.

Presumably to encourage take-up of the TJC Plus £9.99 per month unlimited p&p deal.

May be worthwhile for regular customers, or a one off order of maybe 5+ items, (10 I'd say for me at max £1 per item!) but not for the occasional intermittent buyer like me!

Also, the flat-rate capped £7.99 p&p on multiple item orders has ceased. TJC now charging p&p per item with no cap.

Presumably to encourage take-up of the TJC Plus £9.99 per month unlimited p&p deal.

May be worthwhile for regular customers, or a one off order of maybe 5+ items, (10 I'd say for me at max £1 per item!) but not for the occasional intermittent buyer like me!
They've actually lost quite a lot of business from me because of this but I agree, they're doing it to promote TJC Plus but as I can go months without ordering anything from them, it's just not worth it for me.

I do pay for Premium delivery from ASOS though which costs me £9.99 per year, not per month.

They've actually lost quite a lot of business from me because of this but I agree, they're doing it to promote TJC Plus but as I can go months without ordering anything from them, it's just not worth it for me.

I do pay for Premium delivery from ASOS though which costs me £9.99 per year, not per month.
Wow that's good.

I stopped buying from them when they started charging silly P&P prices because of the ripoff yearly fee. Now they send me emails every day - a year later - trying to entice me back but I'm out of the habit now and not interested.

I stopped buying from them when they started charging silly P&P prices because of the ripoff yearly fee. Now they send me emails every day - a year later - trying to entice me back but I'm out of the habit now and not interested.
I need to rethink my TJC monthly postage! I have just let it run! I do agree what they are charging per item is up and beyond ridiculous. The current postage charges would most certainly stop me.

Nothing I want from TJC is essential. Just a nice to have. They send me the odd 20% off discount code or they have their Extra discount codes in selected items, but the cumulative price of p&p per item is still prohibitive on small items under £10 and effectively doubles it on 2 or 3 items in a basket and Plus would be no cheaper for a month as I don't shop regularly, just one-off purchase now and again. So I'm waiting for a better deal with bigger discounts or a free p&p megaday, etc.

Nothing I want from TJC is essential. Just a nice to have. They send me the odd 20% off discount code or they have their Extra discount codes in selected items, but the cumulative price of p&p per item is still prohibitive on small items under £10 and effectively doubles it on 2 or 3 items in a basket and Plus would be no cheaper for a month as I don't shop regularly, just one-off purchase now and again. So I'm waiting for a better deal with bigger discounts or a free p&p megaday, etc.
Yes I'm going to cancel it will probably stop me buying which is a good thing.

Thankfully I don't bother with TJC anymore but it's definitely going to be viewed a lot less from September.....

Thankfully I don't bother with TJC anymore but it's definitely going to be viewed a lot less from September.....

That's put me right off my preferred TJC. 🥺

Maybe their prior sales figures are irresistible, but it seems to me that TJC are taking unnecessary risks.

If it ain't broken (?) does it need these changes. Or are they replacing staff moving on?

won’t be many who agree but really glad sally is joining tjc. Would much rather watch her than some of the other bland presenters they have (who are the ones many on here enjoy) I suppose it would be boring if we all liked the same presenters!

I don't know what to say. Is this true? Are TJC really employing I D worlds staff? I thought they had such a bad reputation especially at the end when they were intent on selling goods knowing they were going under. It doesn't bode well for trusting these people. Anne Connelly was on Gems lifestyle for a short while before the massive changes and did well. Where on earth are they going to fit these new presenters?

Latest posts

Back