Recession

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lustrous

Registered Shopper
Hello. New to this forum. Sorry if I upset anyone. It's not meant that way,

I'm a 56 year old viewer of all shopping channels, but I have a soft spot for Gems Tv. I didn't know this site exitsted until my grandaughter, who's 22, showed me how to use the internet! All mod cons!

I just wanted to say, that since finding the site, I've read all of the "threads" - new word to me! - and, where I agree with some, there are some I don't - does a company willingly sell stuff that they say is one thing and not another? I would hope that Gems was not one of those. I have one of the pink diamond rings (which is how I found this site - through searching online sites). i used to know a presenter who worked there as a freelancer about 3 years ago - and they raved about the place as a company. I know places can change - but... I hope that they were kept in the dark about their suppliers, I hope that the wool was tried to be pulled over their eyes, and all they're guilty of is ignorance and trusting the ppls they contracted.

I know that doesn't take away from anyone who's been more than disappointed with their purchases.
Gems Tv has changes a lot in the last few years. I love Rocks TV, it has the same "old feeling! that Gems had.

I hope that Gems TV can re-capture the olden days. I've been watching and buying for 6 years almost. I wish I'd known about this site at shopping telly before. Thans Elinor - my grandaughter!

Hi Lustrous and a big welcome to the forum. Don't worry, you are allowed your opinions just as anyone else on here. I used to love Gems as well, but many things have changed since those days. I love Rockst at the moment and am pleased to see them on Sky. I hardly ever watch Gems now - we are all different and thank goodness for that!

Hi and welcome to the forum, i only found this place about 2 yeras ago and I have found nearly all of the peeps on here friendly and informative, do you have any pictures of your jewellery pieces, we all love a good nosey xx

:mysmilie_348: and welcome,

You can't upset anyone just by expressing an opinion, what is a forum for if not this very purpose?

I found the site in the first place because I was unhappy with Gems tv and that was years ago, sadly for me they have never won me over but others here have fortunately had a better mixture of experiences.

Look forward to more of your posts :mysmilie_696:

welcome Lustrous. good to see a newbie posting and getting involved. loads of us love gems and jewellery so you're in good company.

I used to buy loads from Gems but lack of funds prohibits that now and in the meantime, I moved over to Steve Bennett's other enterprise. Not buying from them either for a while.

One day I'll get back to it but other things claim my money for now. Mostly the bank!

Welcome to the forum, Lustrous. Just wanted to say :mysmilie_348: and... how young were you when you became a Granny!!! Your Grand-daughter is older than my daughters and I'm near your age :mysmilie_344:.

Gosh, major age typo!

My granddaughter's 12, not 22!! That could have been an interesting youth i had otherwise! :mysmilie_81:

Thank you for all the welcomes.
Looking forward to lots more interactions!

Hello Lustrous & a warm welcome to our forum. Look forward to reading your posts in future.

Inge xx

hello lustrious :mysmilie_11:i myself have had dissappointment after dissappointment on my purchases from gems and would have had at least 2 deliveries a week in the past but not now just the occasional item there is nothing worse than looking forward to some thing and being let down you will never ever please everyone and i have bought from other sights as well and have had the odd bad buy:mysmilie_34: but we all have our bad days its when it becomes a usual occurance that the rot has set in and also there is the fact that to cover their losses they have made some items overpriced for what they are, but this sight is to let people know your good or bad comments on shopping channels and you may not be agreed with and the threads will tell you in no uncertain words :mysmilie_698:it wont be you have offended anyone it will be their view on your comments welcome to the forum:mysmilie_348:

Latest posts

Back