Ashoka Curries

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dirkz

Registered Shopper
I see the Ashoka Curries are back on tommorrow at 12pm.

For anyone who has not tried these, they are well worth the price and great for my diet.

My only complaint is that they don't seem to have them on enough, I keep running out and they never have them on the website to order. Maybe I should get 2 packs this time but the P&P is double.

Oh well they are worth it.

IW why do you only have these every couple of Months ?

Yummy. :hi:

I see these on on the website atm, are they really easy to cook?? :blush: And are they really yummy?? :tongue:

I don't know why but I always read the name as arseshocker - might be something to do with the vindaloo :wonder:

I just looked up the brand on the Asda website (groceries) and the one they had contained hydrogenated vegetable oil!. Don't know about the ideal world ones.

Yesterday Howard kept saying 'life shouldn't be this good' as he sampled them, so OTT and very patronising. At 76p per portion, most viewers would not be expecting the height of luxury. Even if they were OK, I doubt they would taste like we were dining in the most expensive 5 star restaurant as the presentation suggested.

That said I would have tried one from Asda if it hadn't contained the hydrogenated vegetable oil

I thought that they were always BOGOF except when Tesco are selling them at about a quarter of the price :wait:

I've still got some left from the first time they were sold on IW, and unfortunately I can't remember the names of the ones I liked :sad:

As for "easy to cook", I used to scrape out the packet with a silicone spatula and then rinse it with a little water and splatter it all over the kitchen ;) and microwave it in a dish. But they need mixing with something else.

Recipes, anyone?

clemenzina

Just found a UK site with a large range of Ashoka ready meals. They are all BOGOF and prices range from £1.20 to £1.59 with the vast majority at £1.49! http://www.itadka.com/control/homepage That link is to their home page so that you can see the large range of goods they offer - look under 'ready meals' for Ashoka curries. Have only just found the site so can't comment on their delivery times/service yet, but they certainly look good.

I am registered with them but have never bought. It's a pity that Ashoka are the only ready meals, but they do quite an interesting range of "exotics" and quite a bit of "mundanes" too :)

Should I be able to find whole spices? Can't see fer lookin' sometimes :confused:

clemenzina

Latest posts

Back