Bamix

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
I've previously been tempted by one of these systems but something keeps holding me back.......is it as good as Mike/IW suggest?

I bought a similar thing online (possibly from Thane Direct?) at least ten years ago, called the Thunderstick Pro. I know it's the same sort of thing as the Bamix because I've seen the Bamix at the Ideal Home Show and the Thunderstick has exactly the same interchangeable heads/blades. Mine was, I think, about £25 and is still going strong. In fact, I think at one time they used to demonstrate the Thunderstick on the next stand to the Bamix at the Ideal Home Show.

I brought my bamix from QVC when thet first started demonstrating them 13 or 14 years ago, and it is still going strong. I have managed to lose a couple of the blades over the years but still use it 2 or 3 times a week.
So while expensive it is long lasting.

I've got the Bamix, and it is really powerful, brilliant for making soups and smoothies, you have to be careful whipping cream as it only takes seconds, anymore and its whipped too thick, it makes super yorkshire pudding mix as well, I've not had it long so not tried anything else yet, I quite liked the attachment of the grater and the cutting blades, but I'm sure it was about £40, so did think that was too expensive

Thanks for your comments everyone.

I had an operation on my right hand a couple of years ago and find it very uncomfortable to whip/whisk/chop/grate the different food items which is why the Bamix looked as if it would get a fair amount of use in my kitchen. I know there are cheaper versions but are the units water-tight and do they sit in a small compact housing for ease of storage rather than everything being pushed to the back of cupboards?

Latest posts

Back