New TV request auction facility ??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rocchic

Registered Shopper
Has anyone used - or tried to use - the new tv request auction facility - CS sent me some details that clearly show the choice of requesting a tv or web auction with another choice of 7pm or 11am. When I followed instructions - there was only the web auction option - anyone seen or requested this new facility. On the screen behind Carol it said Rocks requests everyday 11am - 7pm - which was a bit misleading hence my enquiry to CS.

I have used this facility. I requested one item which came up as a web auction, and started almost immediately. I didn't buy it as the price was much higher than I had seen it sell for on a TV auction. The second time I requested an item it was offered as a TV auction. I thought the price was likely to go lower so went ahead and completed the request. I was disappointed when the date and time slot I was given was 3 days later when I was in work, so I missed out on it anyway. I tried to cancel the request via an email to CS, explaining what had happened, and they said the item was out of stock anyway!! I'm very disappointed by how high the prices are on the web request auctions......... :(

I have used this facility. I requested one item which came up as a web auction, and started almost immediately. I didn't buy it as the price was much higher than I had seen it sell for on a TV auction. The second time I requested an item it was offered as a TV auction. I thought the price was likely to go lower so went ahead and completed the request. I was disappointed when the date and time slot I was given was 3 days later when I was in work, so I missed out on it anyway. I tried to cancel the request via an email to CS, explaining what had happened, and they said the item was out of stock anyway!! I'm very disappointed by how high the prices are on the web request auctions......... :(

Well, thank goodness you didn't book a day off work especially and sit at home patiently waiting for your request to be aired!!!!

I used it because I wanted to see how it worked! At the time there wasn't an option of TV or web auction - it just went straight to web auction and almost immediately (which was a good thing). However, the closing price was £20 more than I had seen the piece close at so I didn't buy.

I have tried it several times and there is no TV facility - dont bother with web auctions as way too expensive

tv auctions

hi,ive tried a few times for tv auctions as well,now given up.also not buying nso much now as prices seem to have gone up alot,wish they would sort out a button for tv request auction,not a happy bunny,

Latest posts

Back