What was that Michaela? Another lie!!!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dottiebird

Registered Shopper
I have just been watching the lunchtime Yankee Candle show with Michaela and Claire Sutton, and I just wanted to know how many times have you heard Michaela say she burns this candle in that room and that candle in this room blah blah blah...........and how she likes to combine the fragrances. WELL Claire was saying how her young son keeps on blowing out her candles all the time, and wait for it..........................Michaela says to her "Well we don't do candles in our house because of the children, but my three year old does the same when he visits my sister and mother":taphead: Good grief, what a whopper of a lie that is then, how can she possibly not realise that we aren't stupid:down:

So do we believe her when in the next Yankee show she will be spouting on about which candles she burns at home.

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE:headbang:

perhaps someone should phone in and make afore said comment.....i daren't!!!

She really is terrible, only couple of months ago she was saying she prefers tumblers downstairs and doesn't like the look of the normal jars.

That comment also seems a bit of a dig at Claire and anyone else with kids, I'm a perfect mom, you're not!

Why Yankee haven't sacked her yet I don't know!

She's said before she only burns candles upstairs, because of her young son and the jars are her prefered jars for value for money.
Now when they had the TSV fire screen and I was concerned regarding pets and children.
She never mentioned not burning candles because of her son in fact she said she'd had been burning hers stood on her sideboard.
Now when they had the new previous TSV decorated painted tumblers she said they were the ones she burned.
Someone else may know of her favourite candle and were she burns it as I don't watch a lot of her shows :confused:

I've just checked back to make sure I heard her properly the first time, here is the video link. To save you time watching the whole thing just go to about 8.30 minutes into it. She definitely says "I don't tend to burn candles in my home".

It's the 12.00 - 1.00 pm show and it's the top one 759 655

http://www.qvcuk.com/video/todaysproducts.html?cm_re=LN-_-OnQVCTV-_-VOTP

I'll never believe anything she says every again. I don't know what Claire thought when she said it.

OMG that is shocking!! I have just sat here listening to her go on about her burning Fresh Cut Roses on Christmas Day, amongst others. How blatant is she?! She didn't even flinch when she said that, although I thought I saw Claire reflect a bit in her response. How unprofessional...mind you, my sis in law stocks Yankee in her beauty salon and says they are a truly horrible company to deal with.

I have heard Michaela say before she doesn't burn candles at the moment due to the little one, she uses the plugins and the reeds.

I have heard Michaela say before she doesn't burn candles at the moment due to the little one, she uses the plugins and the reeds.

I've heard her say so too, quite a few times, since her little one got mobile.

C'mon we know they all lie, presenters and guests alike, it's just that some are slicker and more adept at covering their tracks than others.
mysmilie_55.gif

I've just checked back to make sure I heard her properly the first time, here is the video link. To save you time watching the whole thing just go to about 8.30 minutes into it. She definitely says "I don't tend to burn candles in my home".

It's the 12.00 - 1.00 pm show and it's the top one 759 655

http://www.qvcuk.com/video/todaysproducts.html?cm_re=LN-_-OnQVCTV-_-VOTP

I'll never believe anything she says every again. I don't know what Claire thought when she said it.

They've taken that video off. Either someone from QVC has also noticed what she said, or, someone's been snooping on here again :smirk:

This evening, when talking about the soya candles, I'm sure she said they weren't the same as the ones with petroleum ......... and then she quickly corrected herself and said 'wax.' I'd not usually have noticed except for the fact that I can smell a 'petrol/chemical' sort of scent with some of the Yankee candles I've bought recently and knowing very little about candles I assumed this was normal. However, I don't detect that 'scent' with other makes of candles I use. So have they changed their 'ingredients' or is the paraffin/petrol type 'whiff' normal?

I am so disappointed with the votive sets I recently purchased, there is little or no fragrance coming from them despite the fanciful names, only the rose scented one
slightly perfumed the room. I will never buy Yankee Candles again. Its all hype and lies and more lies IMHO

It's like when they say that you can see by the swirly bits in the jar candles that it's because they're "saturated with essential oils" NOT TRUE!!! They would cost an absolute fortune if that was the case.:bandit:
It's cheap old fat thats all!!!

It's like when they say that you can see by the swirly bits in the jar candles that it's because they're "saturated with essential oils" NOT TRUE!!! They would cost an absolute fortune if that was the case.:bandit:
It's cheap old fat thats all!!!

Left over from Jamesy's liposuction.

There was a caller last night who asked whether the wax disappears with a tart like it does with a candle. She answered along the lines that because you only burn tarts for a few minutes at a time the wax remains but they have a burn time of 8 hours and if you burned them for that length of time the wax would burn away. In my experience what she said is nonsense and I think she contradicted that later on the show when they were discussing a burner

Latest posts

Back