Claire sutton

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

csi

Registered Shopper
I know Claire has left QVC. They never gave her a show to thank her for all the years she was on QVC. She popped into say on Jackie and Simon? lunchtime show to say she was leaving with a wine filled glass with wine obviously, well don'tknow fir certain. They could have do something alot more for her. After speaking to jackie and simon i know i never saw her again. Its such a shame to be treated like this. Unless we don't know the full facts and thats claire's business. I often wonder whether customers liked her or not would if Claire will ever go back to QVC xx

She wrote a blog post on Q or it might have been other Q social media about why she was leaving, if I recall correctly. As she's no longer a presenter, I'm not sure if it will still be accessible. I think there was more fanfare than you describe, but could be wrong.

Perhaps she did not want too much fuss? They had a socially distanced party for her behind the scenes?

I remember years ago when a presenter left they brought a bouquet during their last show and good luck that was about it. The male presenters never got anything if I remember?

I remember seeing a show devoted to Claire after, say 10 years of being at QVC. She got a huge amount of appreciation, a cake and many fulsome compliments about her personality and style. I think she is/was very popular at the organisation.
I believe she left to spend more time with her family - and in particular her son who has Down's syndrome.

I have a feeling we will see her returning. Maybe she needed some time out to concentrate on home life and in particular her eldest son Tom. Maybe she tired of all the fake jollity required on QVC.

My next door neighbour is CS's greatest fan & a couple of weeks ago was very excited to report that she'd bought & revamped a flat in Aldeburgh that she may let during holidays, she already does this with her family's cottage in Yorkshire. From the 'reports' I receive CS sounds blissfully happy & doesn't miss the Q. This is the comment posted on Q's fb page:

'We would like to say a big thank you to Claire Sutton for her loyalty and dedication to QVC over the last 22 years. Her team spirit and enthusiasm will be greatly missed and we would like to send Claire and her family our warmest wishes for now and the future'.

If you want more, here's the link to Podcast ep.37 with Claire & Will:

https://stories.qvcuk.com/living/podcasts/inside-qvc-podcast-episode-37-claire-sutton/

Enjoy!

It seems to be a bit of a sellytelly thing in general: not making much of a deal when a presenter leaves, no matter how long they've been presenting, or how 'popular' they are. Julian Ballantine, Debbie Greenwood, Anthony Heywood, Sara Griffiths (remember the horror that was she) - they all barely get a mention when they go.

I imagine it will be different when Queen Julia deigns to leave. There'll be retrospectives on her 'work', star-studded drinks parties (think Simon Wilson having had a few)... The full shebang.

Oh perish the thought ! there'll be a couple of months pre warning of date leaving, then weekly updates as to her potential life after qvc. Flashbacks of previous appearances from Day One, lots of hands raised and 'gasping' from her Maj, no doubt lots of previous BAs strolling on during her shows to wish her well. :(:(

Oh perish the thought ! there'll be a couple of months pre warning of date leaving, then weekly updates as to her potential life after qvc. Flashbacks of previous appearances from Day One, lots of hands raised and 'gasping' from her Maj, no doubt lots of previous BAs strolling on during her shows to wish her well. :(:(
😁 exactly. They'll bring back 'Founders Day' to the UK, renamed as 'Julia Day'

Then it will all be over. She’ll have to live a new life where she buys clothes, footware, kitchenware,beds, bedding, haircare, skincare, cosmetics, pet beds, exercise equipment............ I could go on. All the things she encourages viewers to buy. That will be an awakening.

Erect a statue in her honour; it could show her holding one of her novels with a benign smile on her face 🤢

Yes T, the day Queen Julia leaves QVC, it will be a day of national mourning, and commiserated on that day for each and every year to come. People will come for miles around to touch the plaque erected (ooh er a bit of Ma Flint slipped in there.........oh no did it again) in her honour. Or should I say Brenda and her best friend Maude, the rest of us will be delighted and throw our own street party. 🎉🙏🎊🎉🎊

Then it will all be over. She’ll have to live a new life where she buys clothes, footware, kitchenware,beds, bedding, haircare, skincare, cosmetics, pet beds, exercise equipment............ I could go on. All the things she encourages viewers to buy. That will be an awakening.

Can you just picture it, when she opens her Kipling/Ashwood/Amanda Wakely/Radley purse, all the moths will fly out. 🥱

Yes she’s a “vegetarian” but as we know she’ll still elbow others out the way to grab her freebies

It seems to be a bit of a sellytelly thing in general: not making much of a deal when a presenter leaves, no matter how long they've been presenting, or how 'popular' they are. Julian Ballantine, Debbie Greenwood, Anthony Heywood, Sara Griffiths (remember the horror that was she) - they all barely get a mention when they go.

I imagine it will be different when Queen Julia deigns to leave. There'll be retrospectives on her 'work', star-studded drinks parties (think Simon Wilson having had a few)... The full shebang.
Nah! She’ll put the lights out.

Latest posts

Back