Gemporia still sinking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

leslie61

Registered Shopper
As has been mentioned a few times, all Gemporia seems to be selling these days is Jade (never ending),beads, nuggets, hours and hours of primal and CBD. Yesterday Ellis was doing a homeware bundle - bargain she said at under £20 (19.99) and, from what I saw, was obviously just stuff they couldn't shift on previous, very old shows and by old I mean going back to last year at least. In that old tat was the 'wash your worries away' soap dispenser. They must have a shed load of those 'cos Hattie was selling them on her show later that evening as a stand alone item.

Everything seems to be in clearance. You never used to see many Lorique pieces but they appear on the wheel all the time now as well as the collectors showcase that they do.

Along with the 'mega sale Monday' and the flash sales that are popping up everywhere I'd like to think that they really are clearing the shelves for something spectacular for their birthday, which is now just over a month away, but could the birthday surprise be that they're closing down!!!

It really does seem like the ship is still sinking unless the tugs get there just in time for their birthday.

There's more than a hint of desperation about the company now. Everything seems to be a money grab.

But while there's a neverending sale, the jewellery still seems expensive for what you get. Rings now have less gold than ever. Gold tone tat with jadeite or agate everywhere. Dyed gems obviously bought cheaply being touted like they're natural.

No wonder Ellis is cutting her hours back. Unless it's a decision forced on her as a cash saving measure by Gemporia.

The 'clearances' and 'sales' are done, in my opinion, for one reason - to stop customers claiming price pledges.

Many of the items in 'clearances' and 'sales' sell for the same prices as they've closed at outside of supposed 'sales' - sometimes even higher.

It was mega sale Monday yesterday and Ellis was flogging a Conneseurs product thar she said, and I quote, "is going for the lowest its ever gone for". It actually sold for £2 MORE than previously.

The only genuine sales seem to be in January and over Black Friday. That's when there are some obvious bargains. The other 'clearances' and 'sales' are just normal days.

There's more than a hint of desperation about the company now. Everything seems to be a money grab.

But while there's a neverending sale, the jewellery still seems expensive for what you get. Rings now have less gold than ever. Gold tone tat with jadeite or agate everywhere. Dyed gems obviously bought cheaply being touted like they're natural.

No wonder Ellis is cutting her hours back. Unless it's a decision forced on her as a cash saving measure by Gemporia.
Ellis cutting her hours is music to my ears. I do hope the others follow suit starting with Angeline I doubt that that she is getting more and more involved with Primal. I do wish she would go to Primal before her head gets any bigger. Her and Lynn Jinks are shocking.

Ellis cutting her hours is music to my ears. I do hope the others follow suit starting with Angeline I doubt that that she is getting more and more involved with Primal. I do wish she would go to Primal before her head gets any bigger. Her and Lynn Jinks are shocking.
I had no idea that her and Nick were qualified health coaches. She charges £70 per hour for her expertise.

What? Really? I had no idea! Neither her not Nick have those kind of qualifications. She relies on her followers. Think it's kinda disgusting.

I would doubt that. She trains the newbies so I heard and also her face fits. Ellis has changed a lot in her persona and different style of dressing of late etc. Ellis, Lynn and Angelina are the favourites and only they can do the job properly. That's what comes over from them and management the others also leave a lot to be be desired but not so full of themselves.

I would doubt that. She trains the newbies so I heard and also her face fits. Ellis has changed a lot in her persona and different style of dressing of late etc. Ellis, Lynn and Angelina are the favourites and only they can do the job properly. That's what comes over from them and management the others also leave a lot to be be desired but not so full of themselves.
Gemporia might not have a choice if they're really strapped for cash. I can't imagine that our El is one of the cheapest presenters salarywise

Ellis is currently on screen, cleaning mud off jewellery :rolleyes: now, I do think the Connoisseurs stuff is good, but do we really need a demonstration of how to clean off mud??!
I saw a bit of that show. It was peculiar how all the ‘dirty’ jewellery had the same brown tinge. Looked like marmite to me which was coming off on her fingers. I also checked the price on amazon. Prime member it was the same when it went down to £9.99, no pp and next day delivery.

I saw a bit of that show. It was peculiar how all the ‘dirty’ jewellery had the same brown tinge. Looked like marmite to me which was coming off on her fingers. I also checked the price on amazon. Prime member it was the same when it went down to £9.99, no pp and next day delivery.
Yes I bought mine from prime £9.99 it saved me £4 delivery charge.

Angeline on, sneering about silver chains that would break if you sneezed. That's after pushing a huge lump of dyed resin with a legally-compliant amount of ruby, set in 1.85g of gold (and that's average across the sizes!).

(And don't get me started on her comparing real rubies to Gemporia's Malagasy "ruby".)

Angeline on, sneering about silver chains that would break if you sneezed. That's after pushing a huge lump of dyed resin with a legally-compliant amount of ruby, set in 1.85g of gold (and that's average across the sizes!).

(And don't get me started on her comparing real rubies to Gemporia's Malagasy "ruby".)
Angeline should be more worried about Gemporia's so-called rings that use so little precious metals, they probably qualify as foil.

And that probably snap if you blink in their general vicinity

Did you see Toby, on Lindsey's show, extolling the virtues of dyed quartz and asking £149 for a necklace made of the stuff? It made me lose what I still have of trust in him as a gem expert.
Everyone at Gemporia have been behaving like their current slew of dyed gems are the Crown Jewels.

It's sad, but also infuriating as they're making no bones about ripping off ignorant viewers

Angeline should be more worried about Gemporia's so-called rings that use so little precious metals, they probably qualify as foil.

And that probably snap if you blink in their general vicinity
I don't think the likes of Angeline are sorry about anything, apart, from getting their sales. They no longer have any ethics or principles in my view. Gems is slowly becoming more and more about Primal as they don't have the stock of the money for jewellery shows apart from the tat! All of this makes Steve Bennet happy as he tries to save the NHS!!! I saw some Jadeite on TJC the other day no where near the prices of Gems. It's so very wrong on all levels I just hope people who are still buying into the family run firm are are not let down big time when they learn the truth. For me Gems will never recover it's lost all of its appeal and honesty.

Did you see Toby, on Lindsey's show, extolling the virtues of dyed quartz and asking £149 for a necklace made of the stuff? It made me lose what I still have of trust in him as a gem expert.
Oh Toby was my last hope he seemed to be trustworthy.

Latest posts

Back