Gemporia still sinking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been on the look out for a nice big cat mineral carving for a member of this forum. There is one I've found which is streets ahead of the Kimbie effort. Wholesale only, sadly. Still looking.
I know this is completely daft to suggest, but there is a reason behind it. Have you asked if you could buy just the one? (Reason now). Years back I saw something on ebay that I fell in love with. It was the American site and it was ONLY for sale to the US market. I asked them nicely if I could have it sent to the UK. I still have it :)

I see that they're giving the Milano range another go tonight?
So they are. And on a side note, how on earth do they allow Kati on air with those talons? I thought there were rules on nails 'on air'.

I know this is completely daft to suggest, but there is a reason behind it. Have you asked if you could buy just the one? (Reason now). Years back I saw something on ebay that I fell in love with. It was the American site and it was ONLY for sale to the US market. I asked them nicely if I could have it sent to the UK. I still have it :)
I'll pluck up the courage 👍👍👍. £45 normally, mate, but to you retail, for one, it's £450 😬

I see that they're giving the Milano range another go tonight?

I don't know why they still bother. Kati just said it's been three years since they last did the Milano charms - which means it's the same for the Kama charms.

I'd have been fuming if I'd bought on of the Kama charm necklaces - only to find that they're not bothering to do the charms for them afterwards.

At least Rae Carpenter used to do them regularly. These seem to be way down the list of priorities for Kati.

I don't know why they still bother. Kati just said it's been three years since they last did the Milano charms - which means it's the same for the Kama charms.

I'd have been fuming if I'd bought on of the Kama charm necklaces - only to find that they're not bothering to do the charms for them afterwards.

At least Rae Carpenter used to do them regularly. These seem to be way down the list of priorities for Kati.
Rae was on top of this, focussed and brought out some lovely designs. Charms aren't my thing but the old Kama range was quality, heavy weight silver with good size gems. Some were good enough to be pretty pendants on their own. A couple of years ago, they cleared out their stock after they let the range die when Rae left (Kati really didn't focus on it at all) and I bought a few of these for £9.99 (9.45g silver). A packet of Christmas tree suspension loops and they look great hanging up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240403_045142_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240403_045142_eBay.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 0
I've been digging again. I saw a programme about King Tut's Curse. They were trying to find how it 'became' a curse. It was journalists. Coz one paper got the main story of the find, the other decided to come up with the curse idea. But I digress. One of those who died of the 'curse' used to literally lick the paint etc, to see if it was salty and so on. Turns out that the colour he was licking was crushed up orpiment, and it had arsenic in it's makeup. And because of the prolonged exposure of the dust etc...... And they still have the stone, which is stated as 'ok' as long as you're not around it too long, on GC.

Yeah but almost anything can be deadly, directly or indirectly, immediately or accumulatively, if you are bonkers enough and go out of your way to ingest it.

It's not as if TGGC is selling anything from the asbestos group of minerals. Heck, eat enough 9K gold rings and you might start to feel unwell (from the alloys, not the gold) - although you'd have to buy a lot of them from Gemporia to get even close with their current gram weights! You'd probably peg it faster on a diet solely based on some of the "food"-stuffs hawked by the commercial giants in that industry. GC has sold sulphur and zincite before too, for example. Most people who buy rocks & minerals for pleasure understand what they're buying.

Now, where's that deep-fried chicken leg with a crispy malachite coating I was eating earlier? Oh, there it is! In the fridge, stored in my 1930s uranium glass dish. Toodle pip!

Latest posts

Back