Bought in ready made jewellery?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TopazTrish

Registered Shopper
Have Gems now started to buy in ready made jewellery from other sources? Have just purchased an amethyst necklace and matching coloured earrings as a gift and both have labels attached with RRP on. I'm wondering why that would be when it's supposed to be jewellery made to sell under auction! And when purchased was supposed to be lowest price ever, which was then selling £5 cheaper 2 days later (rung in and price pledged) then earrings £6 cheaper the day after!!!! Didn't ring in about those because wasn't sure whether I'd be keeping them. Whatever happened to re crediting bank accounts? coz now they only put a credit on your gems account towards your next purchase- is that correct? So what happens to that credit if they knock it off next purchase which you subsequently return under 30 day money back guarantee, is it then recredited to your account? Sorry for all the questions but I'm confused now and beginning to wonder if it's all worth the bother after 12 months of not buying anything, just thought I'd dip my toe in the water again after spending thousands in the good old days. Gems certainly has taken a turn for the worse and I've been avidly reading posts on here over the last few months and am tending to agree with most comments. I had such high hopes when Steve Bennett took the helm again but very disappointed so far.

Maybe they put the RRP in there to make you feel like you are getting a better bargain than you are? I am starting to see it more and more with Gems, and even back to Snatch It days, they employee ever psychological trick in the book.

PJ

Anything I've ever bought from Rocks had a RRP tag attached, with an astronomical price on it, and any time I claimed a price pledge it was always in the form of a credit on the Rocks account, so it looks like that system is now being used at Gems as well. Not sure about you question about returns though. Hope this is useful!

Latest posts

Back