Carol"s Ring

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
Every day Carol appears to try and sell the same size M diamond ring, it was made for her bit didn't fit, the price £2389.00, she said yesterday no movement in price, today ring is back still £2389.00. A genuine falling auction channel, it may as just be fixed price channel now.

Every day Carol appears to try and sell the same size M diamond ring, it was made for her bit didn't fit, the price £2389.00, she said yesterday no movement in price, today ring is back still £2389.00. A genuine falling auction channel, it may as just be fixed price channel now.

Yes, I've heard this term "genuine falling price" on Gems TV before.

But what is a "genuine falling price"?

If I understand things correctly, Gems TV offer items at a price, drop that price twice and then make it available at that price for a hour.

That is not a good ad for Gems. If they can't make their presenter a ring that fits what hope do we as customers have - no hope :wonder:

Does this indicate their ring sizes are incorrect?

Why on earth couldn't they have it adjusted so it did fit Carol? Seems rather odd situation to me!!!

Why was a ring made for her? I don't understand? Did she decide to sell it because it didn't fit? Are we now looking at second hand stuff as well!?

Next step ............. get yer gems at our world famous bring and buy sale.

My point was, If the ring was made for Carol, they must have measured her finger for size considering it was a considerate purchase, unless Carol did not agree with the diamond quality :giggle::giggle::giggle:

My point was, If the ring was made for Carol, they must have measured her finger for size considering it was a considerate purchase, unless Carol did not agree with the diamond quality :giggle::giggle::giggle:

............. or maybe she didn't understand their new made up diamond grading system :confused::smirk:

It was made for Carol to go with her engagement ring and her fiance got the size wrong, he had it made bespoke
in size M and she's a size K. That's all!

It was made for Carol to go with her engagement ring and her fiance got the size wrong, he had it made bespoke
in size M and she's a size K. That's all!

Hope she dumped him for implying she has fat fingers. :happy:

Fair enough if GEMS TV are moving it on at cost price but a bit immoral if they are making a profit on us,the customers/punters, if it was a bespoke piece of jewellry meant as an engagement ring for one of the presenters!

Or maybe they can vouch on air that it is strictly at cost price, if any profit is to be made , it will go to the RED ROSE DAY appeal.

But I have got cynical and would it actually get to the charity??

Sorry to offend GEMS TV but that is how I feel , your image is a studio full of very dodgy car salesmen who never lets the truth get in the way of a good story!

Did any of the channels have a RED NOSE event to compete with the TV, say a certain percentage of each gem sale go to the cause ? If not ,an opputunity missed?

Before I read Sacha's explanation, thanks, petal xxxxx I thought that what must have happened is that whilst they were measuring her finger and sorting out other relevant details, she had burst into one of her bouts of decidedly tuneless singing, and the poor people present had a bit of a queasy turn and made a teensy sizing mistake due to the trauma to their eardrums.

Last edited:
She could wear it on her middle finger as I am sure it would fit there. I certainly would if some one had bought it for me.

So was it GemsTV who made it in the first place? SO if Peter Simon get's a TV for his house and it is not the right size, can he flog it on bid.tv?

PJ

Who on earth would want to buy a ring made for a presenter that most people can't stand????? Knowing it was made for her is a serious turn off (apologies to Carole fans). I'm seriously gob smacked that GemsTV are allowing this to happen.

Bespoke Jewellery from Gemstv

Shame about Carols' ring not fitting her. However, second hand is second hand!

On another note though; Gems will be offering a new service soon, whereby they bespoke set our loose gemstones. I think this may become a minefield of ill-fitting jewellery and a customer services nightmare.

Confusion over sizes from buyers and all manor of complaints. I am sure the customers will be advised that once made bespoke, they won't accept responsibility for mistakes. At their end, it is possible that a typo could occur, then who is it down to?

Inge :eek:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back