You know you're addicted to QVC ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gizzy

Registered Shopper
... when £250 is a reasonable price for a piece of costume jewelery.
... when £50 is a reasonable price for a bottle of shower gel.
... when you are surprised to learn that yogurt is sold as a liquid.
... when you have the dates of all TSVs in your diary, but keep forgetting your own birthday.
... if, when your favourite products are discontinued you feel like an old friend has just died.
... when your family has to hide the remote, telephone and/or credit cards from you.
... when the postie doesn't even have to look at the label to know the parcels from QVC are for you.
... when you clear out a whole room just to store all the beauty products you buy from them.
... when you wonder why, despite all the prestigeous lotions and potions you slather on your face you still look like you are getting older.
... when you feel guilty about sending goods back, even if they are faulty, dirty, don't work, are broken or smell like a cow's backside.
:devil:

... when £250 is a reasonable price for a piece of costume jewelery.

.. when you have the dates of all TSVs in your diary, but keep forgetting your own birthday.
... if, when your favourite products are discontinued you feel like an old friend has just died.
... when the postie doesn't even have to look at the label to know the parcels from QVC are for you.
... when you feel guilty about sending goods back, even if they are faulty, dirty, don't work, are broken or smell like a cow's backside.
:devil:

Yep, all the ones I have selected above apply to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad bitch that I am

...when you can literally actually reel off word for word what the presenters will say about a product before they've opened their mouths...

...when you look at a presenter's hands while they're presenting jewellery and can tell exactly who they are just by looking at the fingernails (long and talon like; Catherine. Short and french manicured; Debbie Greenwood. Caked in horses**t; Kathy Tayler...)...

...when you find yourself justifying to friends and family exactly why you've spent £497 on a l'occitane set "but I only paid for one of the shower gels really, and it works out veh veh economically as you only use the size of a petit pois to wash your entire family's bodies..."...

...when you watch a King's Realm show and bellow at the TV "But how many frosted cow horns IN NUMBER am I getting for my money???"...

...when you find yourself ordering a pair of lime green polyester pedal pushers from Kim n Co and telling yourself you really will be able to 'dress them up, dress them down, wear them with a little pump on your trouser, go out to play in them....' etc...

... when you tap 740 (Virgin Media) into the remote control even though you have sat down to watch EastEnders!

....when an XS piece of clothing has a 36" bust size
....when christmas is in July
....when you know the models names during adverts on "regular" tv

When every time you or someone else turns the tv on, up pops up QVC
When despite being a non crafting vegetarian you know rather too much about Kanban and King's realm
When you go out for a shopping spree , come home empty handed and stressed and turn on QVC with a sigh of relief
When you prop your eyelids open with matchsticks because you simply have to stay up and watch the tsv presentation

... when you view people who buy greetings cards rather than make them as inferior beings.
... when you'll happily pay as much for a cubic zir...uhhh sorry, Diamoneeek ring as you would for a similar real diamond ring.
... you wonder why people get angry/ confused when you blow glitter/quack at them.
... if whenever you mention a body part you automatically prefix it with the word "area". For example: "Shouty, pushy TV presenters are a real pain in the arse area".
... when it's more important for clothes to be "on trend" (whatever that means) than to look good or be comfortable.
... when the name "Betty" makes you giggle like a schoolgirl.

When you go on the shopping telly forum to take the p*ss out of QVC but can't resist the urge to constantly watch it.

Ha Ha!
love this thread!
- you know the name of Dawn Bibby's animals
- when you wrap your xmas pressies it's mainly stuff you didn't send back
- You have to phone your mate to discuss CH's farrah fawcett hair
-You lurk on ST waiting for previews of upcoming TSV's
- You spot what you think might be a future TSV on a presenter and for the next few weeks regularly scan the presenters for it1(lola rose i mean you!)
- you talk about the presenters as if you actually know them "well, Dale said it's going to be the right weather for gardening on Saturday" - i said this to a non-QVC person who asked who Dale was......the shame
- all your tv's turn on to Qvc

* When your credit card company advises you to cut up your cards.
* When you consider moving to a bigger home so you can properly store your Kirke's Folly monstrosities.
* When you think that wrapping yourself in dayglo nylon would be a great look for a wedding.
* When you empathise with presenters on their blogs.
* When your other half says "It's me or the shopping addiction" and you're really unsure which to choose...

:wink:

Latest posts

Back