Is QVC Delivery Dangerous?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
This woman posts daily on QVC Facebook, strange posts which start with QVC products then go off. I posted before about her mentioning digging up her father?

I rang QVC Customer service several times including this week That the Company doing my Delivery is Dangerous Twice yesterday i received email 1530 to 1730 and next change time to 730 pm And no one came Because off all the Stabbing and Murdered in London I dont feel any one should be trusted and go to any one door after 6pm And i do not want my Goods to be left out side all bushes have Spiders now The Lady sends her little Son few weeks ago and my Parcels was very Dirty and have Spiders and i got bitten I decided to referred them to Watch Dog to look into it I know they were on the News few months ago when it was Hermes Strangers should not go to any one door after 6pm I retired 60 yrs old NHS Thank you

Now she has posted before about deliveries left in the bushes and getting bitten by a spider, conversations about going on cruises with a random mention of QVC. Earlier in the week, she mentioned not wanting her grandson going to the shops for her as there are guns in the area. But opening your door after 6 pm in the summer, is it really dangerous to open your door to get a parcel from QVC? The way she posts it makes it sound as if London is a war zone.

This woman posts daily on QVC Facebook, strange posts which start with QVC products then go off. I posted before about her mentioning digging up her father?

I rang QVC Customer service several times including this week That the Company doing my Delivery is Dangerous Twice yesterday i received email 1530 to 1730 and next change time to 730 pm And no one came Because off all the Stabbing and Murdered in London I dont feel any one should be trusted and go to any one door after 6pm And i do not want my Goods to be left out side all bushes have Spiders now The Lady sends her little Son few weeks ago and my Parcels was very Dirty and have Spiders and i got bitten I decided to referred them to Watch Dog to look into it I know they were on the News few months ago when it was Hermes Strangers should not go to any one door after 6pm I retired 60 yrs old NHS Thank you

Now she has posted before about deliveries left in the bushes and getting bitten by a spider, conversations about going on cruises with a random mention of QVC. Earlier in the week, she mentioned not wanting her grandson going to the shops for her as there are guns in the area. But opening your door after 6 pm in the summer, is it really dangerous to open your door to get a parcel from QVC? The way she posts it makes it sound as if London is a war zone.
London isn't a war zone, but it is reported as positively apocalyptic by the media. Plus people can become more anxious as they get older.

Yep, according to the Beeb, the whole of the white population are racist. Don't get me started on the Breakfast show. We speak of JR being patronising and bitchy, but Naga Munchetty could give her a run for her money ! Gave up the BBC long ago.

Clearly the lady in question above has only a rough grasp of the language, or her writing skills are below par, so I hope she wasn't a clinician in the NHS with that standard of English !

I’m not on Arsebook but I can see 3 or 4 posts per day and one is always from this lady and is in the same vein. From these posts I know she is a widow, worked in NHS, loves her garden, uses a lot of skin care and watches Q constantly and buys several things per day. I always thought she would be a prime candidate for the tatty appy.

I’m not on Arsebook but I can see 3 or 4 posts per day and one is always from this lady and is in the same vein. From these posts I know she is a widow, worked in NHS, loves her garden, uses a lot of skin care and watches Q constantly and buys several things per day. I always thought she would be a prime candidate for the tatty appy.
Yes, I was wondering did she post on the app?

I’m afraid that the BBC are probably one of the worst for dramatising everything. I’ve stopped watching their news’
The BBC are terrible at over dramatising everything. They cover subjects to death too, so much so, I really don't care about them at all.

I call it the Biased Broadcasting Company, well one of many names.

If QVC delivery was dangerous, I would have been dead well before now. 😍

The thing that confuses me about this lady.

She either worked for the NHS for 60 years or she is 60 years? She posts this differently each time always mentions working for the NHS and retired, but I cannot see someone working for the NHS for 60 years? So, if she is 60 that is not elderly.

Also, Watchdog and complaining about Hermes/Evri delivers. The other week, she posted about talking to her delivery person and being told they had 300 parcels to deliver that day. She thought that was terrible.

In her past posts, I think she’s posted that she’s over 70. Also, if you’re unhappy with the fact that QVC use Evri, wouldn’t it make more sense to shop elsewhere? Or is that just me? 😉

Having said that, I breathe a sigh of relief if Evri are scheduled to deliver something to me because my local team are brilliant.

I tend to watch GB news, they seem to be the only channel that is actually bothered about reporting on the thousands that we are taxiing across the Channel every day. Yesterday, they showed a drone taking aerial shots of the French coastline where over 50 migrants were pushing a boat out to sea. Apparently each migrant is charged £5,000 so that one boat alone netted the traffickers £250,000. And with all the legal loopholes of returning them there is sod all we can do about it. 21,000 so far this year - if they stay here, in 10 years time they will all have families thus more people wanting housing. I get really really angry about this, even more so with those activists with placards saying Refugees Welcome - I wonder how many they've taken into their homes.

Rant over.

I tend to watch GB news, they seem to be the only channel that is actually bothered about reporting on the thousands that we are taxiing across the Channel every day. Yesterday, they showed a drone taking aerial shots of the French coastline where over 50 migrants were pushing a boat out to sea. Apparently each migrant is charged £5,000 so that one boat alone netted the traffickers £250,000. And with all the legal loopholes of returning them there is sod all we can do about it. 21,000 so far this year - if they stay here, in 10 years time they will all have families thus more people wanting housing. I get really really angry about this, even more so with those activists with placards saying Refugees Welcome - I wonder how many they've taken into their homes.

Rant over.
I fully agree B. My son is in the Army and until 4 years ago they always lived in Army Housing and were moved around from posting to posting every 18 months to 2 years. Anyway several years ago they bought their own house but it means he lives away from home Monday to Friday. He drives home Friday night, has one full day with his wife and children and then drives back to base on Sunday afternoon. He`s been a soldier for 30 years.
A friend of his came out of the Army after 25 years service and at one time ex Military personnel got priority if they applied for local authority housing but not anymore. He and his wife and kids had to find a private let which they`ve lived in for a couple of years now but the landlord has decided to sell the house and has given them 2 months to find somewhere else. They can`t afford to buy the house off the landlord and once again went to the local council to try to get a local authority house but no joy.
Unless they find something pretty quickly then they are going to be in dire straights. He`s into his 40`s and as my son will testify from his own experience trying to get a first time mortgage at that age is really difficult, my son and his wife only managed it because they`d managed over their years together to always live off his salary and bank most of hers and so they had a very big deposit and needed to borrow less than 50% of the house price. His friend hasn`t been so lucky because they`ve had 4 children and his wife stayed home to raise them.
Private lets are far more expensive than local authority housing and with 4 kids they need at least 3 bedrooms and so many of the private lets are beyond their budget. If they`d arrived on a dinghy instead of serving his Country for 25 years they probably be given a house ASAP and everything in it.

I fully agree B. My son is in the Army and until 4 years ago they always lived in Army Housing and were moved around from posting to posting every 18 months to 2 years. Anyway several years ago they bought their own house but it means he lives away from home Monday to Friday. He drives home Friday night, has one full day with his wife and children and then drives back to base on Sunday afternoon. He`s been a soldier for 30 years.
A friend of his came out of the Army after 25 years service and at one time ex Military personnel got priority if they applied for local authority housing but not anymore. He and his wife and kids had to find a private let which they`ve lived in for a couple of years now but the landlord has decided to sell the house and has given them 2 months to find somewhere else. They can`t afford to buy the house off the landlord and once again went to the local council to try to get a local authority house but no joy.
Unless they find something pretty quickly then they are going to be in dire straights. He`s into his 40`s and as my son will testify from his own experience trying to get a first time mortgage at that age is really difficult, my son and his wife only managed it because they`d managed over their years together to always live off his salary and bank most of hers and so they had a very big deposit and needed to borrow less than 50% of the house price. His friend hasn`t been so lucky because they`ve had 4 children and his wife stayed home to raise them.
Private lets are far more expensive than local authority housing and with 4 kids they need at least 3 bedrooms and so many of the private lets are beyond their budget. If they`d arrived on a dinghy instead of serving his Country for 25 years they probably be given a house ASAP and everything in it.
You have Maggie to thank for council houses being sold. Now I know someone on here may have bought theirs but imo that should never have happened and now there is a shortage of low rental property.
Some of the private landlords rents are, to put it mildly , scandalous.
Some of these landlords live on our estate and have 8 or 9 rental properties. I have no idea how they can afford to buy that many houses.

Patsy - just watch Homes Under the Hammer !

Yep, I was an estate agent during the 'sell off' years om the 70s and 80s, when sitting tenants bought their homes. Then if they sold before 5 years after, they had to give back a percentage to the Council, then it was reduced to 3. I doubt if its anything now.

I remember at the time asking where all the money was going, because no new council homes were being built. Its always been the case that private rentals are more expensive than authority renting.

Despite being in estate agency, and living in a council flat, I remember having heated discussions with local solicitors (over lunch) as to why I had resisted buying my flat. (one of those conversations you never forget). I said 'where the hell are future young people going to live if we all buy our council rented ? - remember this was in the early 80s, and it was met with derision because it was all about 'making money'.

Anyway, a few years later, the Council started to sell of their stock of flats and maisonettes to Housing Associations, and the rents were going to rise exponentially. My husband had always gone along with my point of view, but he said it wasn't financially viable anymore - the rents were going to be much more per month than mortgage repayments !! how stupid was that ? So though it went against my grain of it being morally wrong, we went ahead with the purchase.

the rents were going to be much more per month than mortgage repayments !! how stupid was that ? So though it went against my grain of it being morally wrong, we went ahead with the purchase.
We decided to buy our council house when the monthly rent rose above what a monthly mortgage repayment would be. A house in our street, which is a 2 bedroom, upstairs bathroom, lounge, kitchen and utility room, has a private rental cost of £750 / month. Council tax and utility bills not included.

1660865042479.png
really ?

Latest posts

Back