Jewels of Valais

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Nice to see some unusual gemstones set in marcasite - I don't think I've EVER seen ametrine with marcasite, for example.

The settings on the whole seem rather dull and plain, though. Some of us marcasite lovers are after a more ornate look!

I've been bitterly disappointed in the new items of this range. What happened to those fabulous artistic and imaginative designs. The only decent piece I've seen is the big rose quartz pendant, now nestling happily within the security of me basket. Rocks earned a few recommendations where people had asked me about my early pieces. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• products.jpg
    products.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 486
I've bought that pendant too, Argey, plus the ametrine one (octagon cut with marcasites all round the edge in case you didn't see it).

Not too keen on the rings they've had with marcasites on the shank but none surrounding the gemstone - almost defies the point!

Oh, and some earrings would be nice, but I haven't seen any (except plain marcasite ones with no central gemstone).

Indeed, the rings have been positively scrawny and, like you, I've only seen the tiddly plain earrings and I think I've seen everything they've shown. xxxxxxxxxxx

Wot a booboo!

I've been bitterly disappointed in the new items of this range. What happened to those fabulous artistic and imaginative designs. The only decent piece I've seen is the big rose quartz pendant, now nestling happily within the security of me............ basket. Rocks earned a few recommendations where people had asked me about my early pieces. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Phew!.......I had thought you were going to say summat else then Argey....:smirk:.....particularly as I'd just finished reading
the thread about 'Boobies'! :blush:

No that place is reserved for little Dirky Marks to snuggle into when he next feels a bit weery. xxxxxxxxxx

I've been bitterly disappointed in the new items of this range. What happened to those fabulous artistic and imaginative designs. The only decent piece I've seen is the big rose quartz pendant, now nestling happily within the security of me basket. Rocks earned a few recommendations where people had asked me about my early pieces. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Birds of a feather flock together, flower. You, me and MissM must have similar tastes because I've decided to tentatively dip my water back into the Gems pool with the purchase of that pendant. I hope it's a good 'un.
xxxxxxxxxx

erm, what I meant to say was that I'd dipped me toe back into the Gems pool, not me water; I'm not quite that peed off with them yet...

I only saw the pendant online as I don't watch the channels anymore, so I'm hoping that I made a good decision. I really love the Victoriana type of look, and that's what I thought this pendant might give. Glad that others liked it, too, and hope that bodes well for the item.

Firstly I have to say I'm not a great fan of Marcasite but the original Rocks Jewels of Valais pieces were very original with great designs which I did like. A lot were absolutely encrusted with Marcasite and on most of the pieces it was the star of the show.

The latest designs are just using it as accents and the designs are pretty standard. I would imagine Marcasite fans are quite disappointed.

It's also all over the new Kama charms which again are all similar designs just with different stones.

Latest posts

Back