Limit watches

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I've just been treated to a five minute long lecture about heritage, horology, timepieces, precision etc etc. The uninitiated may be forgiven for expecting the following item to be a watch by Rolex, Omega, Rotary....I thought Nah...here comes another good old Ingersoll (I had one when I was a schoolgirl many moons ago) but hey I was wrong...The "prestige" timepiece in question was from the exclusive house of "Limit"! I've heard of them,I know they've been around for yonks, but I also remember them as the cheapo range from the Argos catalogue.....hardly a sign of good quality and prestige!

Why do they insult us so...and the brand for that matter. Build us up with all this bullsh*te, start the price off at £35 (again not a pointer to prestige and quality) then knock it down to £6!!!! What's the blinking point? You can pick up a crappy watch for a fiver in Superdrug and it'll attract no more favourable comment than the Limit timepiece. Nobody's going to say...."Ooooh, hark at you in your fancy Limit watch!..did you win the lottery or summat?"

So please you good people at the Sit ups....by all means if you start sellling Lalique, Lladro, Rolex, Waterford crystal (I don't mean keyrings) give us a brief lecture...otherwise just pile it high and sell it cheap. Thank you x

Quite. This is why I equate them with spivs selling out of a suitcase. :grin: They really must have the lowest opinion of their customers to come out with such crap. If they dropped all the under-hand practices and were a bit more honest, I might even buy something from them!

They will never sell high end stuff, so maybe they carry on like this because they want to know what it would feel like if they did lol :wink:

Big names, according to them, wouldn't like the prices Bid could do, it would tarnish the big named price tags, so they say.

Limit watches are ok, nothing special that warrants a narrative of many minutes.

I agree, just sell the ruddy things and move on........:nod:

Latest posts

Back