What could QVC do to improve?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
1. Stop your presenters from doing the hard sell. I buy nothing if I feel I'm being forced to buy.
2. Stop your presenters from interrupting and talking over guests. It is incredibly rude and off-putting.
3. Tell your presenters we're not stupid and if you're a size 16, you'll look like a size 16.
4. Stop your presenters from using the air time we customers pay for to increase the sales of books they've written and are published elsewhere to make extra money for themselves.
5. Cut out postage and packaging and give us one inclusive price.
6. Stop presenters from telling us that the price is £x when in fact what's going out of my bank account is £x + an extra £6 or whatever p&p. Come on - we're not stupid.
7. Tell your buyers to get some decent products.
8. Stop the endless repeat of TSV brands.
9. Stop trying to sell fashion as exclusive simply because the price is high. I now buy all my clothes now from the DHS where I can get good quality, well cut and styled items much, much cheaper.
10. Bring your prices down.
11. Please don't treat me like the village idiot. I can eg see when something is held up to the light that it's see-through.
12. Sort out your review system. It is inconsistent and unfair when reviews are rejected for no good reason. If we can't comment on the whole sales experience from previewing the item to its final delivery, what's the point of it?
13. Let your presenters be more natural. Trust them to be themselves, not clones of a corporate image.
14. Cut down drastically on beauty products. There must be one helluva markup on whoever is actually buying them because you keep flogging them.
15. Stop your presenters from using food demonstration hours as meal substitutes.
16. Make sure your presenters are always well prepared for the hour.
17. Don't sell returned goods as new.
18. Send all returned goods to the outlets.
19. Improve your delivery system.
20. Bring back the good old days when QVC was less polished and more fun to watch and I used to buy from you.

Please pass this on to the relevant department in QVC, unnamed poster(s) who work there. Not that it will probably make much difference, sadly, because it means the powers that be will have to backtrack on a lot of policies and admit they were wrong.

Introduce a reward card. There must be many loyal and regular customers who have spent lots of money with QVC. They should get a little something back.

Another gripe I might add if you dont mind is that when things are on EP they gloss over the details of the full price and now that the graphics are so small I can imagine some wee pensioner being duped into thinking that the article only costs the 1st EP amount. Now this might sound stupid but since Q's prices are 3 times the high street price it is entirely possible that Doris thinks that she is getting the tatty cami from MH for £19.99 plus post and not £59.97 plus post!

All this "you can get this home for only £19.99" and then quietly plus post with no mention of the other 2 payments really gets on my goat as I can imagine my mum would have been taken in.

You said it all Thatu.
I`d also ban the Ipad, Twitter and mentioning their private lives and buddies from FB groups. The time they waffle on about those could be time for asking relevant questions about the product. Nobody cares if Ethel from Edinburgh has 101 BW necklaces or 3000 Kipling bags or that Cynthia from Croydon is a member of BTY or Queens.
I`d also ask for true brand ambassadors who actually work for the brand and know about the brand inside out. Not a jobbing actor who`d sell their Granny for a pay cheque and who appears selling not only brand X but also brands Y and Z elsewhere. They have zero credibility IMO.
Use "normal" people in your demonstrations not a 6ft size 10 model or someone already wearing a face full of makeup or with perfect skin. We are real people with real problems and real sizes, big bums, small boobs, short legs, acne, rosacea, wrinkles, dry hair, thin lips etc etc so use the items on such people or dress people with those body shapes and faces.
Sort the on screen graphics, sort the sizing, sort the colours, sort the stock levels and so on and so on, all of which has been said before and will be said again and all to no avail.

Sort out the cameramen. When the presenter says 'I'll show you the inside of this handbag', or ' Let's see the technique for using this (very expensive) cream' I want to see these things and not a still shot of the product. The cameramen never seem to be on the ball when a presenter says 'let's see the model wearing the red trousers' then all we get is a head shot of the model smiling into the camera. Surely the all wear an earpeice and can communicate with each other. What does the Director do?

I retuned my Tv yesterday and got two new HD QVC channels, Beauty and Extra I think they are called around number 112, but not the main channel. That seems odd to me but I like HD resolution so wonder if they will upgrade the live, 16, coverage?

Back in the day when Q launched it was new innovative and TSV's were sometimes appointment TV, due to their pricing/new to market/presented by guests who had a hand in their development (eg that woman who owned the rollikit strorage), not some anonymous 'Brand Abassadors'

Competition then in the High Street and On Line was not a strong as today. Since then new verbs have been common in our language, IE Googling, Ebaying. This makes the customer far more savvy on product/price/delivery comaprissons. Not to mention free P and P and returns from some online vendors.

Q's model is stuck in the 90's and their only USP is now the 30DMBG. Sales pitches seem more about presenters egos/twitter/facebook accounts rather than what they are supposed to be airing.

Unless changes are made Q will find their targets much harder to reach in a shrinking market place. Many tele selly channels have failed in last 18 months - a warning that customers won't be loyal if the service/product/pricing/presentation is not up to scratch.

Go back to using cashback sites. I always used Quidco and offset the cashback against the postage costs. This might encourage me to start buying again.

I agree with all the comments! I would like to see refunds processed within a couple days after goods are returned rather than the 1-2 weeks they normally take. If Amazon can do it then so can Q!

I've had QVC available to watch since 1999 and, initially, I thought it was, by turns, interesting, funny, quirky, annoying, but there was usually at least one thing on during a day that was worth watching. In the days before 'big internet' they offered reasonable prices and brands that were difficult to buy elsewhere, and had a good selection of product types - it wasn't overloaded with beauty or jewellery. It was less harsh and hard-sell, more calm and easy on the ear.

I just think they are past their sell-by date and can't really compete with other websites and outlets. Perhaps there is nothing they can do to 'improve' - new customers may latch on for a while but will probably move elsewhere and a lot of the 'old' customers, as is evident by this forum, have curtailed their spending. I have noticed, from the very little I watch, that there is a distinct lack of professionalism - badly prepared presenters, mix-ups with captions and pictures, crappy colour descriptions etc. and this, to me, is an indication of the state of the company - running a truly awful website, cutting corners and pushing for every last penny on the same-old, same-old product ranges by screeching, hard-sell tactics?

They can certainly cut out all these adverts between each item. Yesterday was completely unbearable and so many people must have lost interest and switched off.

Change the stupid system when items are not delivered - a week to see if the item does arrive, another week to wait for the letter to sign and return (at our own expense) and a further 1-2 weeks to wait for a refund.

I'd personally like to see them stop employing people as a brand ambassador for 10 different brands but then have two experts on camera during a beauty hour.

Carla Lazlo works for qvc, not casual & co etc.

Maybe items would be cheaper if Alison Young didn't need the twit to read her emails for her.

Though I do think when people say qvc is dying, that it is more wishful thinking on their part, than anything close to being true.

I'd personally like to see them stop employing people as a brand ambassador for 10 different brands but then have two experts on camera during a beauty hour.

Carla Lazlo works for qvc, not casual & co etc.

Maybe items would be cheaper if Alison Young didn't need the twit to read her emails for her.
Though I do think when people say qvc is dying, that it is more wishful thinking on their part, than anything close to being true.

So true ! a lot of savings could be made in sacking all the 'surplus to requirements' people - ambassadors included. When Q first started the presenter was on their own - no side kick to bounce off, and didn't Jill F say she had to talk 10 minutes about a pencil - well, they could cut the staff, buy in more products with the savings, and show more items an hour, cutting the need for the 10 minute spiel !!!!

Now this has nothing to do with the product as I know nothing about it but I did see AY and THREE other people plus models presenting the Philip Kingsley show and I'm sure if I had looked long enough Will I am nothing much would probably put in an appearance so that AY could twat.

One of the main things they should do is to stop telling lies. When they had the ABC TSV they said the skin wash refill was £32 when they were adding every thing up as they do, but I thought hang on, it was only £20 but I couldn't prove it because surprise, surprise it wasn't on the website, but now it is and yes, it is only £20! I get more and more disgusted by the day with QVC. I have informed them and they said they'd pass it on (which is QVC talk for bull s**t) but we know nothing will happen, just hope someone else notices and complains, might get them thinking then.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back