QVC in general!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
There are times when in general, I am happy to buy some fashion items from QVC, because these days there are no stores in my town selling fashion except M & S, all the others have gone, even some great boutiques much loved in my area for style and quality. Therefore, there is little doubt that having the various items delivered for me is a Godsend. Almost everything these days I have delivered by Royal Mail, from QVC by Evri, my local Evri is terrific so no complaints.

I’m not short of money and can buy what I like, but I am also no fool, and a cynic I find it extremely difficult, particularly in fashion to comprehend the very high prices for nothing special, and even cheap looking garb that us viewers are being asked to pay. What goes down well with an American audience for example does not come over to us either in design or quality. British women are more in the know, and savvy although Americans think they are, but have no taste.

I am having a winge, watched MarlaWynne with Melissa who manages to promote this stuff with a straight face, she must be well paid. A top costing £55 or a twin pack cisting £60, is not for me. £108 for a dress or £96 for a skirt. Am I living on the wrong planet? I would have happily paid such prices in the shops I once knew because of the quality and stitching etc.

I’ve mentioned before that I’m always interested in shopping telly items that turn up in charity shops. Gives me a chance to check out the sizing and quality. I’ve seen some Nina Leonard that seemed quite good quality and some centigrade that was weird sizing and a bit frumpy. My latest discovery was a pair of emelia trousers from ideal world. The fit and quality was great and they came home with me. Possibly bengaline’s but not sure. Anyway they’re great value at IW prices. I too could buy some of qvc’s overpriced clothes if I wanted but I want value for my £££ and don’t see the point. You can look really good for not a lot with a bit of effort. I like the idea of ‘pre loved’ clothes. It’s fun to have a rummage and it’s good for the poor old planet as well.

In general, I think QVC is great for ideas. The biggest turn off is the postage. If you don't enjoy traipsing around shops, then there are other retailers online that won't charge for postage or returns, some that charge a small amount per order. For example Very.com where I do most of my shopping will charge £3.99 per order regardless of what you buy and if you need to return anything, it's free. If you're spending in excess of £30 then you can do click and collect from your nearest place for free and should you spend less, then they'll charge you a flat rate of £2 which I don't think is bad. As someone mentioned in another thread, Ebay is great for getting stuff you see on Q. I like that Q give live demonstrations of clothing being worn, so much better than a static picture, but is it just me, but they seem to be more interested in upselling the accessories and trying to persuade us to multi buy rather than give us the information that would really help us? I want to know what size the model is wearing, how tall they are, what is their "high street" size, does it need ironing? what temperature would you wash it on. They're all over that with their acrylic offerings, but something like the recent Denim and co dress which was cotton/viscose it was all about the versatility and how you can wear it beach to bar, or elevate it with a blazer and heels - We can work this out for ourselves thank you. I would have to presume that it's not easy care, which is fine, but would it hurt them to tell us how to care for the damn thing? Rather than giving the customer the chance to make an informed decision, they just tell you to buy it 'cause you can wear it, wash it for a few months then send it back - Nothing to lose! Not if you count two lots of postage and packaging and the amount they dock for the fact you've worn it/ let the dog sleep on it!
I also don't understand why the prices (fashion in particular) are so high, I'm guessing that the price of the overheads involved in running a channel is being passed on the customer. Going back to my original point, if you take a chance with an alternative retailer you can get it delivered for free and return it for free - Lets face it, most people know immediately whether or not they're happy with something - The exception being skincare and footwear. The footwear is so bliddy overpriced I'd rather buy cheaper and hope for the best!

There were a few people on the QVC Facebook today having a good old rant at QVC and postage. One saying well who is going to buy two of the exact same dress in the same size and colour to get half off postage? Others agreeing, but one saying it would need people to just stop buying, but that will not happen.

Oh, and the Tilli box where you need to buy two beauty items to qualify to get it at £35 instead of £175. One woman said her mother had bought 5 items and no email yet another saying she had bought two beauty items and no sign of the email.

In general, I think QVC is great for ideas. The biggest turn off is the postage. If you don't enjoy traipsing around shops, then there are other retailers online that won't charge for postage or returns, some that charge a small amount per order. For example Very.com where I do most of my shopping will charge £3.99 per order regardless of what you buy and if you need to return anything, it's free. If you're spending in excess of £30 then you can do click and collect from your nearest place for free and should you spend less, then they'll charge you a flat rate of £2 which I don't think is bad. As someone mentioned in another thread, Ebay is great for getting stuff you see on Q. I like that Q give live demonstrations of clothing being worn, so much better than a static picture, but is it just me, but they seem to be more interested in upselling the accessories and trying to persuade us to multi buy rather than give us the information that would really help us? I want to know what size the model is wearing, how tall they are, what is their "high street" size, does it need ironing? what temperature would you wash it on. They're all over that with their acrylic offerings, but something like the recent Denim and co dress which was cotton/viscose it was all about the versatility and how you can wear it beach to bar, or elevate it with a blazer and heels - We can work this out for ourselves thank you. I would have to presume that it's not easy care, which is fine, but would it hurt them to tell us how to care for the damn thing? Rather than giving the customer the chance to make an informed decision, they just tell you to buy it 'cause you can wear it, wash it for a few months then send it back - Nothing to lose! Not if you count two lots of postage and packaging and the amount they dock for the fact you've worn it/ let the dog sleep on it!
I also don't understand why the prices (fashion in particular) are so high, I'm guessing that the price of the overheads involved in running a channel is being passed on the customer. Going back to my original point, if you take a chance with an alternative retailer you can get it delivered for free and return it for free - Lets face it, most people know immediately whether or not they're happy with something - The exception being skincare and footwear. The footwear is so bliddy overpriced I'd rather buy cheaper and hope for the best!
I got some pretty loafers from Primark this week £9. I was looking for some cheap shoes to wear in the house in place of slippers. They had some really pretty ballet pumps in lovely colours.
It is months since I've been in Primark as I find their sizing very strange.

There are times when in general, I am happy to buy some fashion items from QVC, because these days there are no stores in my town selling fashion except M & S, all the others have gone, even some great boutiques much loved in my area for style and quality. Therefore, there is little doubt that having the various items delivered for me is a Godsend. Almost everything these days I have delivered by Royal Mail, from QVC by Evri, my local Evri is terrific so no complaints.

I’m not short of money and can buy what I like, but I am also no fool, and a cynic I find it extremely difficult, particularly in fashion to comprehend the very high prices for nothing special, and even cheap looking garb that us viewers are being asked to pay. What goes down well with an American audience for example does not come over to us either in design or quality. British women are more in the know, and savvy although Americans think they are, but have no taste.

I am having a winge, watched MarlaWynne with Melissa who manages to promote this stuff with a straight face, she must be well paid. A top costing £55 or a twin pack cisting £60, is not for me. £108 for a dress or £96 for a skirt. Am I living on the wrong planet? I would have happily paid such prices in the shops I once knew because of the quality and stitching etc.
Jaeger prices for Primark quality. I love M&S and they sell brands like Jaeger that I really love. Dont have many items but I am always looking out for a bargain got a linen tunic dress for £39.00 reduced from £135.00 today. Dont buy QVC clothes anymore. I live near the west end loads of sales and beautiful clothes in all shapes and sizes

I just don't like their clothes, their prices or their postage costs so I don't buy clothes from QVC. Ideal World is far, far better value and excellent quality.
All my trousers are Maison de Nimes, bengalines, Anamor or other IW brands. I buy tops mainly from the high street because anything cheap I've bought ends up in the charity shop and I want stuff to last. Having said that, I love one of the long-sleeved IW tops I bought recently.

I just don't like their clothes, their prices or their postage costs so I don't buy clothes from QVC. Ideal World is far, far better value and excellent quality.
All my trousers are Maison de Nimes, bengalines, Anamor or other IW brands. I buy tops mainly from the high street because anything cheap I've bought ends up in the charity shop and I want stuff to last. Having said that, I love one of the long-sleeved IW tops I bought recently.
I ordered 2 pairs of Maison de Nimes crop trousers yesterday. 1 navy and 1 black. 2 for £20 plus £4.99 postage. I think their postage is capped at £4.99 and they offer free returns through asda.

I buy from Boden, Seasalt, White Stuff and Roman. I like the fact that M & S sell White Stuff, Seasalt and all the other brands that they stock now too. I haven't bought fashion from QVC for years, except for a couple of Ruth Langsford's denim, not denim, jackets, which I really like. I have in the past bought Kim and Co and they are still going strong. Also some Nina Leonard dresses and some Onjenu from years back.

Oh, and the Tilli box where you need to buy two beauty items to qualify to get it at £35 instead of £175. One woman said her mother had bought 5 items and no email yet another saying she had bought two beauty items and no sign of the ememail.
According to the promotion details, any returns don't count towards the Tili bag purchase. So, maybe that means you have to wait 2 months before any email sent out!!

Those of you who like buying vintage may find this site interesting https://www.reskinned.clothing/ You can also get vouchers for sending unwanted clothes which will be repurposed or recycled.

Looked this up as sounded interesting, found this..

“when you send them back, we will exchange them for a £5 gift voucher for you to redeem off a minimum £40 order at stores or online. Takeback vouchers are valid for one month. “

Doesn’t seem that much of an incentive to me. Think I’d rather give them to a charity shop, especially like one I use that is only one of two that supports a small local purely voluntary animal sanctuary, not a big charity that pays high salaries out of money they raise.

Latest posts

Back