QVC fashion?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I buy Kim & Co tops and jumpers - they wash well and last the test of time.

I also wear Diane Gilman jeans, Tiana B dresses and have some Marlawynne items.

In all my days of travelling to conferences, management meetings etc no one ever indicated I looked like a 'poor soul' for my choice of clothes.

Yes, like all department stores, there are crazy patterns etc that don't appeal to me... but I just pass those by and choose the things that I like.... and for business travel, Kim & Co tops and dresses can't be beaten for practicality.

I love SOME of the Q fashion and long may it continue.

I too have some of the Q's clothes but not very much!! Antthony designs are good value and I have quite a few of his tunics and think they look great!! Also, have some waistcoats which look and wash up fab too! I tend to stay away from the loud patterns and crazy animal designs - just not my taste!! :mysmilie_8:

Lol Silver Fox!! I cruise and I def don't wear all Qs stuff. Having said that a lot of the passengers on cruises are from the older age group and they do wear stuff that is probably from Q such as Quacker, those awful Cashmasoft cardis, Michelle Hope etc!! I do have a few Kim tops and one Nina top and an Annalee & Hope top but most of it just turns me off both in style terms and the prices they charge!! I haven't bought any "fashion" from Q for over a year now. I do like some of the Join and Yong Kim but its way too expensive! How do they justify the prices!! I like the look of some of the Marla Wynne but that is also a bit pricey and I would need to order several sizes so the p&p would be astronomical so won't bother!!

CMD are quite like Yong Kim . Leading Labels outlets and Boundary Mills (if there is one near you) stock this fashion label. Think they are the initials of an Italian designer.

My wardrobe has about 3 Kim & Co tops and that's it. I've had good use from the tops but her new stuff is so much like the old that it's not worth duplicating what I've already got. I've also got a Ronnie Nicole dress that has hung in the wardrobe for about 3 years, bought because I thought it would be useful one day. I still think it will be useful one day but not sure when that day will be. The rest of my wardrobe (sorry, "collection") is from the GOHS and gets washed and worn all the time, just simple classics bought on sales or at outlets. QVC prices for their "fashion" would have to be at those levels to tempt me to look at their stuff, but it's generally awful anyway.

Talking of which, they were demonstrating a Yong Kim top or dress for around the £100 mark with a stripey top part a day or so ago. When they showed the back, if you followed the line of stripes from one side to the other, there were 2 more stripes on one side. Where is quality control and where are the stylists who should pick up on that sort of thing?

Q seem mad about these garish stripes and loud florals - they look so 1950's and 60's to me, and not in a good way, as some vintage clothes are beautiful. Nothing wrong with retro if that's what you like, but these looks are not for me. I only channel-hop to Q for a few minutes at a time, and I'd also prefer to see more natural fabrics, these Crimplene 1960's throwbacks and Polyester type stuff doesn't hack it for me, would just make me feel humid and sticky. I'm always willing to pay more for natural fabrics, but as to buying clothes at their prices - and for Crimplene/Polyester? Don't think so!

Just glancing at this Coco (whatever) range they have on Sunday a.m.More stretchy tunics & pants--are these aimed at those ladies who cruise? I don't know as I only go on P&O Pride of Hull-- but one thing I do know to have a bold band print with stripes which do not match at the side seams (as in a tunic priced around £43 + p&p) was a NO NO when I used to be involved with a large High St. Chain store!

I am not keen on the Coco Bianco line at all. One of the dresses worn by Tania showed her flesh hanging out (only a little) around the hip area of what ever she was wearing (panty or shape wear) if it happens to Tania, I would hate to think how it will look on me !

Latest posts

Back