anyone got a Induction hob

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Milly

Registered Shopper
I was wondering if amyone here has an induction hob
my friend at work has a portable one and she thinks its one of the best kitchen aids she owns
I must admit I did'nt even know what it was when she started telling me about the one she has ,so now I'm curious and have looked them up on the web but thought who better to ask for advice and opinions but here so please let me know what your experiance or advice would be on if there worth having and what makes you have etc I know you have to have pans with magnetic bottoms and I have tried my fridge magnet on mine and they would be ok ,

I've got one and absolutely love it. In a way it's just like gas to use as it heats up so quickly.

Absolutely love mine! Agree it's like gas in that it heats so quickly, but even better the unit doesn't stay hot for ages. It cooks brilliantly and quickly. Love it!!

Love mine except...I can't use a roasting tin over two rings to make gravy, it beeps and turns itself off. Also my pressure cooker won't maintain pressure because the ring switches off and on as the way the mechanism works, so it's relegated to just being a big pan. If anyone has a pressure cooker that does work on induction I'd be really interested.

Jude xx

I decided to go for one when I changed the kitchen about three years ago. I'd had ceramic/halogen previously (no gas in the village) and it drove me crazy. Everything boiled over and cleaning it was a right pain in the a*se. I love my induction hob, it's just as responsive as gas, boils very quickly, so saves on the leccy, simplicity itself to clean as nothing every burns on. I use a Tefal pressure cooker on it without any problems, link here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B0030DG3OQ/ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=11052681&s=kitchen

The only thing I have had to get used to is the fact that it doesn't like you to tilt the pans when stirring and can switch itself off if the pan is off the hob for too long. I've got it sussed now and can gauge the amount of time on the tilt before I have to put the pan back on the horizontal.

All in all I'd recommend induction hobs any time. Go for one Milly.

I have one and love it along with my halogen oven I would say it is the best bit of kitchen equipment I have.
It does take a bit of getting used to but you soon get the hang of it.
It must have saved me £££ on my electricity bill (we have no mains gas) and is so easy to clean.
I got mine from Amazon about 4 years ago and love it so much I have another one stashed away as I couldn't bare to be without one now.Go for it you won't regret it.

Having seen all your positive feed back I'm certainly going to buy one
now I need to know which make should I go for and what sort of price should I be looking to pay
there seems to be quite a lot of choice and price ranges do I need to pay a decent amount what I mean is ,is it a case of you get what you pay for If you know what I mean.

I have an induction hob and like Akimbo's, mine pulses too, which can be a nuisance at times when trying to sustain a higher temperature. Although some induction hobs do this - my single portable that I bought from QVC ( and which introduced me to the delights of induction cooking) didn't. I bought mine when I had my kitchen replaced after a fire and I got it from Howden's who supply kitchens and appliances. It doesn't have a brand name ( and wasn't cheap) and was the only induction hob they supplied at the time. I did look online about the pulsing issue and lots of others stated that their models pulsed, yet some said their model didn't, so it seems it is a common issue, dependent on model / brand bought. Saying that, I have got used to it and wouldn't go back to gas........ but would look around and get a named model if / when I change it.

My built in one is a Fagor milly, but if you're looking for a portable one, this double hob from Amazon looks the business with great reviews and a good price http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B007457IJK/ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=11052681&s=kitchen

hth
xxxx

Mine's a built in Fagor too Mam, a bit cheaper than the likes of Neff etc but very good all the same. I also tried a portable one (just one ring) it wasn't as good as the Fagor a bit more complicated to use, it was a Palson Miami and I think I got it from one of the shopping telly channels.

Mine is a single ring one and cost just under £50.Which I find fine for just the 2 of us but if you are cooking for a family then you might need something bigger.
But I saw a single ring one in Aldi for about £25 yesterday so that may be a good way to give one a try without spending a fortune.

Good luck you what ever you decide on.

Thanks madmax unfortunatly we dont have Aldi where I live but I think a single ring will be fine as there is only two of us and I have my halogen oven and as you say I can try it out and see how it goes

Latest posts

Back