Scottish Indepedance??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pinkpussycat

Meeoow....
Scottish Independance??

Who wants it?? A referendum is to be held in autumn 2014, with a single Yes/No vote on Scotland leaving the UK. I know we have quite a few Scottish members and I would be interested to hear your views on the subject.

Last edited:
Don't want it!

I think having our own Parliament is enough, we don't need to take it any further and be independent. Yes we could do it but I just don't see the point, we should stay as part of the UK.

I'm all for it. I feel we're more than capable of prospering under our own steam. I think we as a nation would be better off and I don't believe another country should be able to make decisions on our behalf.

I hate the UK being part of the EU, hence my UKIP vote at the last general election. It's the one thing I feel that strongly about and would make a positive difference to our country if we could get out.

My views on the independence of Scotland are that I think it would be terribly sad, and I'm not actually sure that the country would prosper on its own.

Oh we would LC! We're a small country, but very enterprising and full of exceptionally talented, smart people. Take Andy Murray (I know PPC wouldn't but I would!) :grin:

Apart from finding the idea of the UK breaking up quite upsetting, I do think it would be a huge mistake for Scotland in the long term and lead to all sorts of issues in the future. "Stronger together" is my personal belief.

Also I'm not sure what I think about 16/17 year teenagers being included in the vote, I guess it could work for both sides. I know very few people over the age of thirty who are interested or have the first idea about politics, the economy, how it works and how it affects all our lives. I was very idealistic at that age and would have voted emotionally rather than a decision based on all information.

I'm going to be interested in hearing the arguments from both sides over the coming months, I would like to be better informed myself over something so important.

If it happens I'll be moving to England! The Scots are dummies if they vote for this. Have to confess it would break my heart to be parted.

Latest posts

Back