PDA

View Full Version : FAO Peter Sherlock

newtobid
21-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Hi peter

Can you clarify something with me?

Why do certain presenters on the channels keep stating that JPD is sold in the united states department stores please? (macys in particular)

Below is a recent email i have had after requesting when they would be receiving jpd back in stock

"Dear sir,

Thank you for your inquiry

We have no plans to stock the requested fragrances. As far as i am aware we have never stocked them in our store.

"

If this is the case (and i have no reason to believe it wouldnt be) maybe you could inform your presenters of this.

Paul_s
21-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Busted!!! Although we know they like to bend the truth when it suits. :hi:

aqua
21-11-2012, 07:54 PM
But James Russell said it ' caused a sensation' in Macys-does this mean that Christian (sic) Lars hasn't really 'taken the watch world by storm'?
Tell us this can't be true James!

deanos
21-11-2012, 09:00 PM
maybe worth reporting to ofcom !

merryone
21-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Perhaps they mean the well known store May C's, it's next door to R. Marney!

Wirral70
21-11-2012, 09:39 PM
The new spiel appears to be JPD is sold in department stores all over the US, indeed the reputable Nicola George said just that on a show with Mr Sherlock this afternoon around 3pm (oh, and she said it yesterday teatime around 6pm too).

I haven't heard the Macy's lie, sorry line for a while now but there are plenty more to take it's place :angry:

Moet&muffins
21-11-2012, 10:11 PM
That's really interesting. Which fragrance did you enquire about?

Bexi
21-11-2012, 11:03 PM
I hope we get a reply to this :hi:

newtobid
22-11-2012, 08:57 AM
That's really interesting. Which fragrance did you enquire about?

i sent a rather generic enquiry about jpd

radio_dayz
22-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Don't forge,t that JPD will be seen in your high street in the new year at much higher prices!

Mommabear
22-11-2012, 10:10 AM
I hope we get a reply to this :hi:

Me too, I'm ready and waiting :wink:

petpixie
22-11-2012, 11:19 AM
The silence is deafening :cheeky:

Blue star
22-11-2012, 11:40 AM
" come on Pete " not like you to be stuck for words !!!!

newtobid
22-11-2012, 05:10 PM
noticed he defended jpd on price drop earlier

Paul_s
22-11-2012, 06:12 PM
If we get a proper answer from Peter Sherlock on this thread I'll eat my hat and kiss James Russell.

Wirral70
22-11-2012, 06:26 PM
There is too much cynicism in this thread. For all we know Jean Paul DuPont might be the next breakthrough luxury fragrance. In fact, much like Tanzanite, it could actually be an investment opportunity.

I doubt it will ever be as sought after as genuine meteoric Moissanite, or even the Russian emerald Diopside but I wouldn't be surprised if we're reading about Pride of Rome in GQ, or dare I say it Tatler in the non too distant future.

Peter Sherlock wouldn't have bought it in if he didn't think it was top end, he has a reputation to think about. As Caroline Lyndsay said just this morning, people in the industry are always calling for his opinion, advice and expertise.

Mommabear
22-11-2012, 06:40 PM
There is too much cynicism in this thread. For all we know Jean Paul DuPont might be the next breakthrough luxury fragrance. In fact, much like Tanzanite, it could actually be an investment opportunity.

I doubt it will ever be as sought after as genuine meteoric Moissanite, or even the Russian emerald Diopside but I wouldn't be surprised if we're reading about Pride of Rome in GQ, or dare I say it Tatler in the non too distant future.

Peter Sherlock wouldn't have bought it in if he didn't think it was top end, he has a reputation to think about. As Caroline Lyndsay said just this morning, people in the industry are always calling for his opinion, advice and expertise.

You are so right

*hangs head in shame*

merryone
22-11-2012, 06:45 PM
A daft thing to say maybe, but the clumsy JPD signature on the bottles makes them look cheap for a start!

Mommabear
22-11-2012, 06:58 PM
JPD is in talks with Debenhams

newtobid
22-11-2012, 06:58 PM
mikey again giving it the in talks with debenhams again

i am sure they have been in talks for quite a while now

Wirral70
22-11-2012, 07:08 PM
A daft thing to say maybe, but the clumsy JPD signature on the bottles makes them look cheap for a start!

How dare you, that's a scurrilous slur and no mistake.

Just put Bid on now and listen to Mike Mason. He is kindly explaining right now that JPD was a direct marketed product like Avon and it was such a massive success they decided to advertise all over US TV. Subsequently ALL the top stores stocked it and it flew off the shelves. As JPD had conquered America they decided not to bother selling it in any other countries because of the set up costs.

But then Bid TV approached them and asked to stock it, JPD said yes and well, the rest is history.

As other posters noted Mike added that he was talking to Peter Sherlock and he has heard JPD are in talks in March with Debenhams. He added that if they get together, stressing that's not a fact yet, imagine how much it will cost?

Everyone, just buy it and sell it on.

Mommabear
22-11-2012, 07:11 PM

Just put Bid on now and listen to Mike Mason. He is kindly explaining right now that JPD was a direct marketed product like Avon and it was such a massive success they decided to advertise all over US TV. Subsequently ALL the top stores stocked it and it flew off the shelves. As JPD had conquered America they decided not to bother selling it in any other countries because of the set up costs.

But then Bid TV approached them and asked to stock it, JPD said yes and well, the rest is history.

As others posters noted Mike added that he was talking to Peter Sherlock and he has heard JPD are in talks in March with Debenhams. He added that if they get together, stressing that's not a fact yet, imagine how much it will cost?

It may be only penciled in and they could be talking about the price of fish but at the moment, things look hot :rolleyes:

Wirral70
22-11-2012, 07:14 PM
It may be only penciled in and they could be talking about the price of fish but at the moment, things look hot :rolleyes:

He particularly made a point of saying that's it's not a fact.

Fancy that :grin:

aqua
22-11-2012, 07:17 PM

As others posters noted Mike added that he was talking to Peter Sherlock and he has heard JPD are in talks in March with Debenhams. He added that if they get together, stressing that's not a fact yet, imagine how much it will cost?

Everyone, just buy it and sell it on.

Don't forget the bit about your body acid merging with the tin of the container to create a unique fragrance which becomes more personal the more you use it!

Mommabear
22-11-2012, 07:18 PM
He particularly made a point of saying that's it's not a fact.

Fancy that on Bid :grin:

Well covered Mikey, erase that pencil :wink:

Mommabear
22-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Don't forget the bit about your body acid merging with the tin of the container to create a unique fragrance which becomes more personal the more you use it!

That made me feel a bit ill :mysmilie_460:

Wirral70
22-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Oh no, Mike is onto JPD again.

As he said, JPD has taken America by storm. EVERYBODY has gone mad for JPD.

I heard that George Clooney and Gwyneth Paltrow are in talks in March to be the faces of the brand, but that's not a fact yet.

petpixie
22-11-2012, 09:03 PM
I reckon Angelina and Brad will have something to say about that.

Wirral70
22-11-2012, 09:14 PM
I reckon Angelina and Brad will have something to say about that.

I heard that Brad wanted to join JPD but sadly he's locked in a contract with Chanel, apparently he's furious.

But that's not fact yet though.

Adam82
22-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Now Peter Simon at this fragrance, maces do NOT SELL it.Stop telling lies about this product and other products including the skin pharmacy.You can pencil in with certain companies .They do it for a fee.

Adam82
22-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Peter Simon making a fool of himself talking a load of bs about this blasted skin pharmacy it is utter rubbish, Peter your bigger than this.Saying they don't want to sell it on situp channels, rubbish this. Is a made up product and I'm getting really angry with these lot.

Wirral70
23-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Peter Simon was selling JPD 'Kalinka' last night, usual spiel about the department stores. He said it not only had 'a Russian combination of femininity' whatever that means although the box suggests it's actually Japanese inspired (Russia, Japan, same thing really). He then threw into the mix that Vera Wang does a perfume called Kalina (i'm guessing at the spelling) and if you love that you'll love Kalinka (similar names aren't they?). Vera Wang dosen't appear to have ever made a perfume with a name even remotely similar to Kalina or Kalinka.

He then moved onto JPD 'Maestro' for men which is one of 'the biggest sellers' and is 'a combination of style, gladiatorial ranges, famous for Rome, famous for the Maestro'. Has he got the right fragrance?

Peter was on fire last night, not only with his BS, not only with his fake insincerity but his descriptions are now becoming utterly surreal (and laden with more lies than ever, of course, you should have heard him selling some cheap tatty watch).

Greg
23-11-2012, 08:41 AM
'a Russian combination of femininity'

That means under arm roll-on for female Russian bodybuilders. :cool:

Blue star
23-11-2012, 08:54 AM
'a Russian combination of femininity'

That means under arm roll-on for female Russian bodybuilders. :cool:

im sure he means shot putters the ones with big hairy armpits!!!

Wirral70
23-11-2012, 08:59 AM
im sure he means shot putters the ones with big hairy armpits!!!

AKA Nicola George :grin:

She's got thighs like a Romanian Weight Lifter.

bidtvbs
23-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Peter Sherlock- Where are you? you seem to find time to fulfil your duties on the channel but you're busy or too embarassed to come on here.

newtobid
23-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Peter Sherlock- Where are you? you seem to find time to fulfil your duties on the channel but you're busy or too embarassed to come on here.

on with nicola? now

nicola just stated

"this is allover america"

Wirral70
23-11-2012, 11:18 AM

He may be busy as I heard he's in talks with Debenhams although that isn't a fact yet.

Wirral70
23-11-2012, 11:27 AM
on with nicola? now

nicola just stated

"this is allover america"

Nicola is prolific in the art of bull. She effortlessly feeds Shylock line after line. Now moved onto Skin Pharmacy and she has just had the bare faced cheek to say assistants in House of Fraser, Debenhams and Boots can tell you what they want about face creams as nobody is listening, I honestly kid you not.

newtobid
23-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Peter has made an error on the snake serum here

i find it amazing how many "errors" these presenters make

bidtvbs
23-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Peter Sherlock has just guaranteed to sell the skin pharmacy night moisturiser 50ml for under 50 by mistake even though it's selling at 145 on skinpharmacy.tv. Peter SHerlock you are becoming as big a twa* as the other presenters.:wave:

Wirral70
23-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Peter Sherlock has just guaranteed to sell the skin pharmacy night moisturiser 50ml for under 50 by mistake even though it's selling at 145 on skinpharmacy.tv. Peter SHerlock you are becoming as big a twa* as the other presenters.:wave:

He pulled the well used trick of saying he thought it was a smaller measure than it actually was.

Yawn, heard it many times before.

Paul_s
23-11-2012, 12:35 PM
mikey again giving it the in talks with debenhams again

i am sure they have been in talks for quite a while now

Debenhams is soooo 1990's! I didn't realise they were still around! :giggle:

Mommabear
23-11-2012, 12:40 PM
He pulled the well used trick of saying he thought it was a smaller measure than it actually was.

Yawn, heard it many times before.

Nicola George 'I daren't look, is that a 3 or a 2'

Peter Sherlock 'It's a 2!!!!!'...........(29.99 instead of 39.99)

Somebody's made a mistake!......Oh :angry:

Where are you Peter Sherlock????????? I thought you were a good guy

Greg
23-11-2012, 12:59 PM
pePeter Sherlock has gone right down in my estimations. He is as cynical as the rest of them.

Wirral70
23-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Nicola George 'I daren't look, is that a 3 or a 2'

Peter Sherlock 'It's a 2!!!!!'...........(29.99 instead of 39.99)

Somebody's made a mistake!......Oh :angry:

Where are you Peter Sherlock????????? I thought you were a good guy

The contempt they must have for their customers is breathtaking.

Peter Shylock always wants his pound of flesh.

newtobid
25-11-2012, 03:20 PM
anytime for a reply peter?

Wirral70
25-11-2012, 03:27 PM
anytime for a reply peter?

Well he has kindly responded to a post about flowers, and Lisa Brash claiming Speed Auction is returning to Freeview next week.

Nothing about JPD though, hmmmmm. :mysmilie_11:

bidtvbs
25-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Well he has kindly responded to a post about flowers, and Lisa Brash claiming Speed Auction is returning to Freeview next week.

Nothing about JPD though, hmmmmm. :mysmilie_11:

I think thats a fake peter sherlock account. the real mr sherlock is psherlockperfumelover

Wirral70
25-11-2012, 04:00 PM
I think thats a fake peter sherlock account. the real mr sherlock is psherlockperfumelover

You mean somebody is sad enough to imitate Peter Sherlock?

I have heard it all now, thanks for the heads up though

Steve Austin
25-11-2012, 04:07 PM
His silence speaks volumes.

Well done peter :clapping:, keep up the good work.

I meant - Bull Sh*t.

newtobid
26-11-2012, 11:22 AM
on now

advert and all :)

newtobid
26-11-2012, 11:23 AM
note it now says infomercial above the product line

Mommabear
26-11-2012, 11:52 AM
note it now says infomercial above the product line

PS wanted that got rid of, he didn't like it, but they couldn't, said Caroline

Chris lorenzo
26-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Sherlock all botoxed up....his forehead aint moving for love nor money.