what is this 'total contributions £ 0.00 feature all about please?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilith

Registered Shopper
i have just noticed this below :

Total Contributions For
lilith £ 0.00

what does it mean/how does it work please ?

apologies if this has been explained and i have overlooked it

merci !

oops, sorry about typo in headline

Last edited:
I've no idea what it means but have seen that it's on the right hand side on every persons post. Name on the left and that on the right underneath posts, location etc Just seen LIAM beat me to it-lol

Were is it lilith. Maybe i'm being dumb, but is there a thread with it or what

i see it in the top right corner, below is dollydimple's example :

Join Date Jun 2008
Location Over the Pennines in Lancashire
Posts 966
Post Thanks / Like

Total Contributions For
dollydimple £ 0.00

are we being monetised or maybe it is some kind of rating system ?

there might be some work currently on-going on the site
having had a look, i notice that some people are VIP Shoppers or Happy Shoppers, as before
but some people have no such designation like Kathy or minim
maybe the site is half through an update
and it could be related to the life-long membership thing
i.e. if you are using the site for free, it is more obvious then the 'Happy Shopper' currently is
and maybe there will be a more on-going subcription so any of us who paid the one-off fee might be shamed into more donations ????
just thinking out loud, sure it will explained in due course,
i just thought that i missed the explanation ...

It is due to the change in the VIP system.

Up till last weekend members could pay a one off fee to become VIP's for life. After that anyone who joins will have to pay a yearly fee but any member can make a contribution to the site at anytime.

But what is the purpose of it being visible for everyone to see please?

That I am not sure about, it wasn't like that the other day, I will flag it up to Graham and see what is what!

Thanks Sazza :). Not wishing to sound rude but I do find it rather intrusive. If people wish to make additional contributions that should be a private matter & not emblazoned against everyone's posts for all to see imo. Hopefully it's just a temporary software error.

Thanks Sazza :). Not wishing to sound rude but I do find it rather intrusive. If people wish to make additional contributions that should be a private matter & not emblazoned against everyone's posts for all to see imo. Hopefully it's just a temporary software error.

Oh yes I totally agree, members should not be able to see what others have contributed, it will be a glitch with something!

Apologies I upgraded to the pro system today after trying the lite version for a week, didnt realise it showed all this and will remove as soon as I get back into the office in the next 10 mins or so.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Thank you Graham...don't want everyone knowing I'm a cheapskate!:angel:
Haha I think we've all got zeros against our names Carol so no worries :sun:

I hope Graham isn't selling?? Wouldn't say I blame him if he is as the poor guy's had some massive rubbish to deal with lately courtesy of QVC :(.
Just think, some countries have shopping TV forums actually owned & regulated by the channel owners themselves. Forumites can say what they like so long as it's all glowing adorational stuff for anything & anyone associated with the said channels! Jeez how dull & frustrating would that be eh!

Please don't sell up Graham!!! To log on to find a this forum full of grovelling twaddle would make me :angry::headbang::puke::doh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back