Poirot

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
Anyone else loved David Suchet in the fantastic role of Poirot? For me he's been the absolute best.......:clapping::clapping:

Poirot is my wind down of choice when I'm feeling a anxious and can't sleep or just to relax. It's engaging enough in story content to take my mind off whatever's been going on that day and the filming is sumptuous to watch. I have to agree David Suchet has captured Hercule perfectly. He has a CBE but why has he not been nominated for a knighthood yet?

If you ever get the chance to see his episode of "Who do you think you are?" it was fascinating and very moving when he uncovered how his ancestors survived living on The Pale in Russia (as in the phrase living beyond the pale)

I haven't watched the final episode of Poirot yet, I'm saving it for chilly winter evening when I'll have the fire lit, curtains drawn and no interruptions!

I could watch Poirot over and over again - I just love it! I haven't watched any of these yet. Like Akimbo I like to save them until the time and mood is right! David Suchet was on the One Show recently and he was doing his Poirot voice. I got all 3 questions in their quiz right - do you think I've watched to many episodes of Poirot? LOL!

We have watched many episodes of Poirot over and over again and never fail to enjoy them! David's portrayal of the little Belgian detective has been magnificent.....loved his accent and mannerisms which brought the character to life. I can fully believe he was so upset filming the final scenes as I'm sure Poirot had become a very close "friend" both to David and his family after playing a huge part in his life for the last 25 years.

For me Poirot is David Suchet, he brought the character to life. I also think Joan Hickson did the same job for Miss marple. I haven't been able to take to Geraldine McKeown or Julia Mackenzie.

I may be going against the grain here but I struggle with David Suchet as Poirot (even though I hear that his interpretation is very close to Agatha Christie's description of Poirot in her books). I enjoyed him in Murder on the Orient Express immensely, but not in the others I have seen.

Personally- having watched and loved "Death on the Nile" since I was a child- many many times- Peter Ustinov (sorry for sp not sure) is MY Poirot because of that movie.

Joan Hickson is Marple. Love all of the episodes she was in. My favourites were Sleeping Murder and a Murder is Announced.

Another one here who loves David Suchet as Poirot. We really enjoyed the last show. Such a shame it's ended although we watch the repeats on ITV 3.

Latest posts

Back