Horrendous qvc presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Last night we had an hour of Charlie showing off pics of his dogs on his iPad and customers sending pics of their animals. Is this the best use of air time? I don't want to know all about presenters personal lives, past failed relationships, embarrassing illnesses, put it in their blogs not when I accidentally, ahem, tune in whilst having a quick coffee.
And whilst I'm moaning, what's going on with scary JF? She comes across as very agressive and cold
The complete opposite to CS who is horribly patronising and syrupy.

Presenters have changed since they first started QVC, they used to be professional, not acting like Chloe Everton sticking skirts on their shoulders and calling them ponchos. No I rarely watch now, the hard sell, telling me "so get yours now!" as if I'd already bought it and belongs to, me so I must buy it, is a right turn off.

It's all part of their policy of making them feel like your friends ,more likely to trust them and spend money.

It just makes me turn the channel over so I'm spending very little with them now. The sooner QVC realise that concentrating on irrelevant tweeting during a presentation is not what viewers want, the better. In my opinion, it is very unprofessional (as well as discourteous) when there is a guest trying to talk about the brand. With some presenters, (no names mentioned but one is in Asia at the moment,) they cling onto their iPad like a security blanket waiting for the sycophantic fawning from viewers who think the presenter is their best friend. As I've said in other posts, if I started concentrating on an iPad (I haven't got one) and started tweeting (I'm not on Twitter and have no desire to be) and placing orders when I was at work I'd be given my P45. They are there to 'present' NOT order goods that they should have ordered before the show as I'm sure that they have enough time to browse the trolleys in the corridor beforehand.

By tweeting/reading out tweets all the time, they're targeting the viewers who are may be housebound or living alone and who do look upon the presenters are 'friends' when in fact they're just sales people who don't know any of us from Adam.

Presenters have changed since they first started QVC, they used to be professional, not acting like Chloe Everton sticking skirts on their shoulders and calling them ponchos. No I rarely watch now, the hard sell, telling me "so get yours now!" as if I'd already bought it and belongs to, me so I must buy it, is a right turn off.

It's interesting you say that. I've noticed it on gems tv too... they will say ''your tanzanite'', ''it's your Chinese peridot'' etc

I wondered if I was just reading too much into things.

Latest posts

Back