Tignanello Handbags TSV 23/02/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have never bought one but I`m put off having read they aren`t all leather but not quite sure where they aren`t made of leather.

The straps or handles are not leather; they claim to make them more durable. Would they lie to us? Surely not!

I think the faux handles are a recent thing ever since the brand had a revamp.I remember Carla talking about it.Maybe the brand was bought out.

It seems a recent "feature". I have a couple of early Tig bags and they're lovely. I always went for the unusual colour options, like a soft peachy terracotta (think it was called something like "pumpkin").

I have a couple of older Tigs and they don't have plastic handles either. The "more durable" nonsense is just spin. I avoid all bags with plastic handles because they crack and split long before the rest of the bag has worn out and even when they just start to crack, they are uncomfortable to hold.

It seems a recent "feature". I have a couple of early Tig bags and they're lovely. I always went for the unusual colour options, like a soft peachy terracotta (think it was called something like "pumpkin").

Agree they were very lovely,some sumptuous colours and always sold out.I don't think the recent bags are of the same standard.I have one small cross body from some years ago and it is very well made.

I've never really understood the point of a part leather/part non leather handbag. Different materials wear away at different rates. You're neither paying for an expensive leather handbag, nor a cheaper man-made material handbag. Just feels like a weird middle ground for me. If I want leather I'd buy a full leather bag, if I want a cheap handbag I'll buy a cheaper non-leather handbag.

I could be one of those sad buggas who phones up to say how many Tig bags I have. I won't be calling in, rest assured but I do have a fair few. Its the French Tote I love. I might have it in 10 different colours. And I've definitely got it in the lovely pumpkin colour.

I could be one of those sad buggas who phones up to say how many Tig bags I have. I won't be calling in, rest assured but I do have a fair few. Its the French Tote I love. I might have it in 10 different colours. And I've definitely got it in the lovely pumpkin colour.

Do post a pic

Do post a pic

Gawd?! Of all of them? I'd have to lay them out on the bed. A la Kipling Sandy lol.

Might be an idea though. Last time I looked I found a black one that I had absolutely no recollection of buying! But I must have done and used it as there was a packet of tissues and a lip gloss I recognised in the bag.

Have a couple of the Pretty Pockets cross body bags. Really like them. Need some in a darker colour.

Good work, SCW. I quite like that but it looks like it's going to be a bit too small for me. Love the soft grey.

The straps look leather too.

Latest posts

Back