Wouldn't want to be in Pipa's shoes now

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
Just watched a bit of the Michele Hope hour. I've never thought that Michele has a sense of humour and Pipa just proved it. She was telling us that there are problems with digital ordering and Michele said that this always happens when she's on air, and why does it always happen to her. Well, Pipa shoots back 'it's because you're wearing too much hairspray'! 'What?' says Michele, very quietly. Pipa says she was just kidding but I was holding my breath! It was a funny remark, if out of place, and I don't think Michele was amused.

Yes I saw that - I thought it was funny (and was meant as a joke by Pipa) but Michele didn't. I would have said it's because of all the static off the clothes :mysmilie_14:

I never watch Barbie, but I would have liked to have seen that... good old Pipa. lol

I think Michelle Hope is a bit of a sour puss and takes herself quite seriously.

I get that impression too! I wish l had seen Pipa say that to her. She was only saying what the majority of us think. Let's face it Michelle's hair doesn't move from the amount of hairspray she coats it with. I am surprised she goes anywhere near her manmade 'fadhions' for fear of them getting stuck to her hair with all that static.

Will post link and timings to watch when I find the relevant part. Michele Hope is a funny character with all her naff stretchy lace. And that voice! I actually quite like her voice. She should do those relaxation CDs.

There was a slight awkwardness between them. At one point Pipa mentioned how MH went to St Lucia. MH commented that it rained. Pipa said: "It rained here and you could have drunk tea with us!" MH responded a bit sourly. Mind you, she was being reminded of a holiday flop that probably cost a fortune. There she arrived in St Lucia with her 20kg suitcase packed full of static-ridden stretchy lace, only to be caught in a cloudburst!

At 13:42 MH says: "they're very sheer." It actually sounds like she's saying: "They're very sh*t!"

At 24:03 they come back from a commercial break and Pipa makes a bizarre, fake facial expression - as thought they've just had some witty little joke . conversation.
OHHHHHHHHHH MY FLIPPING GOODNESS WHYYYYYYYYYYYY do they have to do this. It's just so fake and stupid!

FOUND THE RELEVANT BIT - IT'S AT 48:30. Michele really did not get / like the joke! Hahahahaha! Very funny though! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Yeah the holiday was probably a flop due to the electricity given off by all that polyester, it acts like a conducter, there's always a flash of lightening before a rain storm.........oh no it's ok, it's just MH cardi and camisole rubbing together :mysmilie_17:

I can't believe MH would take her own label clothes on holiday as I bet the only time she wears any of the stuff is when she is flogging it.

Rather an odd woman IMO, stuck in a time-warp but I can't work out which era ! Having said that, she seems to be a shrewd business woman and that's all that matters as far as her QVC persona is concerned.

It must be every presenter's nightmare that they are seized by a demon and blurt out what they really think. There will be a lot of sympathy for Pipa from her colleagues (once they've mopped the tears of laughter) but if push came to shove would management stand by Pip or would Michele be too valuable? I think I already know the answer.

It must be every presenter's nightmare that they are seized by a demon and blurt out what they really think. There will be a lot of sympathy for Pipa from her colleagues (once they've mopped the tears of laughter) but if push came to shove would management stand by Pip or would Michele be too valuable? I think I already know the answer.

I'm not a Pipa fan by any means however I thought her comments throughout the hour very actually very funny and very much in line with what I might have said myself - except I would have probably said something even more cutting / sarcastic. They were obviously not meant vindictively or hurtfully, however Michele Hope is simply on a different wavelength. She was probably concerned that the technical glitches would lead to thousands of abandoned orders that would lose her a lot of money. Perhaps she already has the next plastic surgery procedure booked and needs to bring home the bacon to fund it? Who knows? I think the tone of her voice when she replied: "What?" to Pipa revealed some discomfort. What then ensued was a minute oe 2 of ego-stroking / back-pedalling from Pipa: "It's because you bring us too many lovely clothes and we all love them too much" which didn't really achieve anything other than drawing out the awkwardness even more. It would have been fantastic to see a shot of Michele Hope's face in close up. I bet she was reeling! Very clever of the director to have neither in vision at that point!

Having said that I do wonder why Pipa made the hairspray comment? It revealed something of her thoughts about old granny Barbie doll! Bet the management weren't pleased at all. What surprises me is that Pipa didn't seem to get the dynamics between her and MH, and persisted with her comments throughout much of the hour.

I have a funny feeling there is an immense pressure on guests / presenter as they are constantly updated with sales levels / etc through their earpieces.

Personally I LOVED that show. Ill-matched guests / presenters make for great viewing. I miss the late Lenny for his funny comments an antics. He was superb and made watching those dreary old Nina L shows entertaining.

I think they should put Pipa on with Tova and have her make comments about her "Morticia" hairdo. I can almost imagine it now:

Tova: Daaaaaaaaaaaarling, prrrrr, this is simply divine. Ernie always simply loved this.
Pipa: Everyone loves it. That's why it's flying out of the door. Or maybe it's because your hairstyle looks like a racoon that's been retrieved from a vat of creosote."
Tova: Sorry, dear?
Pipa: Erm, er. Only kidding. Here's some information coming up about the lovely Debbie Flint who's with Nikki from Lola Rose coming up at 9.

Latest posts

Back