Moissanite sold out

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Come to order my mum her Moissanite ring and they are all sold out not just this one. But most the rings did I miss a show and they all sold out

http://www.idealworld.tv/CategoryGr...categories@lt;{idealworld_1005_1496}&fh_eds=ß

I am gutted. I was hoping to get several for the flunkies in my life, as well as an expensive Vostock for the posty, but no rings = no watch. Your loss Ideal World (Ideal, I don't think so). Perhaps I get get some Divine Decadump instead? :mysmilie_59:
I

Ideal world lack of stock is pathetic when there is potential of millions of customers/viewers it's really getting pathetic now.
The person who buys this stuff needs to be sacked, for not doing their job probably.

They do this if something's either new in stock, just to give you a look before it gets released in to stock levels, an upcoming show, or if an item is selling too quick to a point that it'll sell out before the show airs. Hope you get what you're after.

Been back in and the ring I wanted is no loner there.
Only a hand full left they must have been busy.
But yes whereby has the buyer not brought more stock and at Christmas too!!

I have ten moissanite rings myself they are better than a diamond out shine my diamond rings every day. Sold my best diamond ring and paid for the ten moissanite rings!!

To be fair, they have to stock lots of sizes of rings (unlike earrings, for example).

So if they showed 20 different rings in 10 sizes and had 50 of each, that would be 10,000 rings they would have to stock.

I have ten moissanite rings myself they are better than a diamond out shine my diamond rings every day. Sold my best diamond ring and paid for the ten moissanite rings!!

That must have been one hell of a diamond ring looking at the price they are selling the mozzie for.I would have held onto it if I were you.

Jewellery is so subjective, beauty is in the eye of the beholder more than many other purchases I guess.

But one thing is clear. Moissanite (which is just a Registered Trademark for a man made stone) is only provided by one company in the world so I guess that they set the price.

Therefore it's impossible to independently 'value'. And it must be noted that the one part of these pieces that can tangibly be valued, the gold, is never specified by weight.

It should further be noted that Moissanite (TM) doesn't appear to be sold in mainstream jewellers, make of that what you will. If you like it though that's all that really matters.

However, the prices of these pieces are in no way indicative of any intrinsic monetary value, schlocky salespeople that loosely suggest that they are an 'investment' is at very best disingenuous and, possibly, a lie.

Ideal World, in my personal opinion, is a poor jewellery retailer. I do not believe they offer anything like good value and their sales pitches, particularly for watches, are shocking and I believe will certainly contribute to their downfall :mysmilie_59:

Debenhams is no way high end!

Oh ok, thanks, that's me told. :mysmilie_17:, I've never shopped there myself, was just going by their prices, just know it ain't no Primark (I do like Primark, it's more me) I was just really showing that Moissanite is sold on the high street.

And Debenhams is not a 'mainstream jeweller' either, anymore than Ideal World is.

Bona Fide Jewellers don't appear to sell Moissanite (TM). The retailers that seem to sell Moissanite (TM) also seem to sell Vacuum Cleaners, Kitchen Appliances, Toys, Furniture, you name it really.

Catch my drift? :mysmilie_59:

I never said Debenhams was a "mainstream jeweller" I said it was sold by a high street store.

I know you didn't kidder and you were right not to as they aren't, and neither of course are Ideal World.

No 'proper' jewellers seem to sell Moissanite (TM), surely no pawnbrokers would take Moissanite (TM) as a pledge other perhaps than for the scrap value of the gold weight (that we never, ever get told about).

If anyone finds Mozzy easy on the eye that's great but, much like the atrocious Kevin Reynold's utterly shameless, truly ripoff watches, it certainly ain't easy on the bank balance.

What a sorry state of affairs, where has the decent value gone? :down:

I totally agree with what you say about jewellery being subjective. Personally, I cannot see the point of buying Moissonite - it's a man-made stone and I cannot see that it will ever increase in value or kudos over the years (don't think there's many who would welcome a Moissonite engagement or eternity ring, for instance). I cannot believe the prices IW charge for what is just a synthetic stone, a piece of 'bling' with a tiny amount of gold - the cost is just ridiculous and the item cannot be worth anything like what they are asking. It's fine if you want maximum size of stone and sparkle, but I'd still prefer to use my money for a diamond or other precious stone, even if small carat weight. For what is basically costume jewellery, the prices are a rip-off, IMO and how the heck they can suggest (even loosely) that it is an investment, I cannot think.
Jewellery is so subjective, beauty is in the eye of the beholder more than many other purchases I guess.

But one thing is clear. Moissanite (which is just a Registered Trademark for a man made stone) is only provided by one company in the world so I guess that they set the price.

Therefore it's impossible to independently 'value'. And it must be noted that the one part of these pieces that can tangibly be valued, the gold, is never specified by weight.

It should further be noted that Moissanite (TM) doesn't appear to be sold in mainstream jewellers, make of that what you will. If you like it though that's all that really matters.

However, the prices of these pieces are in no way indicative of any intrinsic monetary value, schlocky salespeople that loosely suggest that they are an 'investment' is at very best disingenuous and, possibly, a lie.

Ideal World, in my personal opinion, is a poor jewellery retailer. I do not believe they offer anything like good value and their sales pitches, particularly for watches, are shocking and I believe will certainly contribute to their downfall :mysmilie_59:

Last edited:
Whenever I hear the Moissanite (TM) spiel I cannot help but think of the Torricelumn (TM) spiel.

Completely unrelated products of course yet the pitches seem oddly similar.

Maybe it's Selly Telly eh? :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back