Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The swifts back.

Mike - "I'm going to gives you a 14 day money back guarantee and I'm going to stand by it, right."

You're giving nothing Mikey :rolleyes:, certainly not a 14 day money back guarantee, it's the Consumer Contracts Regulations for distance selling, which came into force in 2014 that makes IW, and all the other long distance sellers, provide a 14 day money back guarantee or how it's worded in the regulations "right to cancel".

The regulations state, if you order online, mail order, phone or from a shopping channel you have 14 days after you receive goods to cancel your order (with one or two exceptions, although 99.99% of IW sales wouldn't be covered by these exception) and return the goods.

Was looking at IW web site to see what super, super entertaining luxury watch shows might be on over the weekend and was met by a big banner on the home page, "New & Exclusive" & capped p & p.

Though ok clicked on shop New & Exclusive link and selected watches, which they had 1.

Ok nice, so it's a "New & Exclusive" model, well done IW. (y)

Until you search online, and I only tried the first two search results (actually 2nd & 3rd, IW were first) as that was enough.

So New it's been discontinued. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Oh and certainly not exclusive. :rolleyes:

Either their researchers are crap, like their buyers who never buy enough stock, or they just can't stop fibbing, personally think it's both. ;):ROFLMAO:

To be fair, Mike M would be just FINE if IW was to fold. All he'd need to do is:

1. Get a cheap flight to Spain or wherever.
2. Pop on a t-shirt.
3. Put 5 x Vostok watches up one arm.
4. Put 5 x Swan & Edgar watches up the other arm.
5. Head out to walk along the prom, beach, wherever.
6. Within minutes, nah seconds, he'd be getting stopped by people saying:

'WOW, very nice watches, where'd you get them? Can I buy one off you?'

7. Mike then sells each watch for 20x the wholesale price he paid.
8. Get cheap flight home (keeping overheads low.)
9. Buy his next batch of watches.
10. Rinse and repeat.

After all, he always mentions how people stop him to ask about the IW watches he wears ;)

Funnily enough, he mentioned during a show recently that he wears the watch the goddess gave him, his Omega, 90% of the time, and we know he wears the Mr Grey on holidays, cause he's told us everyday on hols someone comes up to him and asks about it, so how much time does he have left to wear all the other IW watches that folks stop him daily to ask about? :unsure:

He started the Regatta coats with sirens and whoops. He said he knows he’s noisy.

He’s crackers.

He's a rude obnoxious attention seeking prat.

The way he so rudely interrupts when guests are speaking with his blaring sounds just so the camera focuses on him, just shows how desperate he is to be the center of attention, his ego has far outstripped his actual status, he calls himself a shopping expert, in reality he's just an annoying selly telly sales assistant and not a very good one at that.

He's a rude obnoxious attention seeking prat.

The way he so rudely interrupts when guests are speaking with his blaring sounds just so the camera focuses on him, just shows how desperate he is to be the center of attention, his ego has far outstripped his actual status, he calls himself a shopping expert, in reality he's just an annoying selly telly sales assistant and not a very good one at that.
He's the worst presenter on the channel by a significant margin; quite the achievement given the company he keeps on there. All the fake sincerity and none of the charm of someone attempting to mug you in broad daylight, which in effect it's what he's trying to do. A truly appalling 'presenter' (salesperson), and he even occasionally screws up some of the voiceover work he plies for.

Was just checking IW, checking to see what time the CCCP shows was starting, and low and behold Mason was just finishing a show and he came out with this absolute gem, just about choked on a cup of tea when he said it.

Mason – “please check out your baskets, look I don’t labour how busy we are too much in shows, but I’ve kinda neglected to tell you that, you know how busy we was, forget that we’re in a different realm of busy now, so please get those baskets checked out.”

And the best bit was he said it with a really sincere face. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I used to work with a chap who used to say "he lies like cheap lino"!!

I see they are flogging to death the Linear strider treadmill, Paul Berk said just order it and if your doctor says not to use it send it back under the 14 day period, then you end up spending money calling the premium rate to start the return and then lose the near £20 p&p. :mad:
I've noticed a few of them using the 'don't buy it try it' underhand sales technique recently, actually more and more. They've all obviously been on a 'underhand selly telly sales course' to brush up on their underhand sales skills.

They know FINE WELL that many buyers decide not to return items once they have them home, even more expensive items depending on the nature of the buyer. Whether due to the perceived hassle of returning stuff or other reasons.

I've noticed a few of them using the 'don't buy it try it' underhand sales technique recently, actually more and more. They've all obviously been on a 'underhand selly telly sales course' to brush up on their underhand sales skills.

They know FINE WELL that many buyers decide not to return items once they have them home, even more expensive items depending on the nature of the buyer. Whether due to the perceived hassle of returning stuff or other reasons.
It's the same idea as encouraging people to 'buy several in different colours if you're not sure' - knowing that people will either not be bothered to send them back, or put them to one side and miss the returns window and end up keeping the lot. An easy way to multiply sales.

It's the same idea as encouraging people to 'buy several in different colours if you're not sure' - knowing that people will either not be bothered to send them back, or put them to one side and miss the returns window and end up keeping the lot. An easy way to multiply sales.
Yeah, they couldn't care what debts viewers are accruing as long as they keep on buying buying buying. Ok, they're shopping channels, I get that. However the way channels like IW push the urgency to 'buy now' and go on about the (usually false) massive savings is distasteful.

'Why not shove this, that and the other into your flexi basket, makes it only £x per month!'

To be fair, he's got a LOT of subscribers and gets TONS of views with people leaving MANY comments. Here's an example ...

Can I have that two-and-a-half minutes of my life back now, please?

He says he's done 10,000hrs of live television and that makes him an expert, because 10,000 hours of anything makes you an expert. So 10,000 of talking out of his arse makes him an expert in what, exactly?

52 views and no comments to the video. I bet Paul McKenna is worried...

Yeah, they couldn't care what debts viewers are accruing as long as they keep on buying buying buying. Ok, they're shopping channels, I get that. However the way channels like IW push the urgency to 'buy now' and go on about the (usually false) massive savings is distasteful.

'Why not shove this, that and the other into your flexi basket, makes it only £x per month!'

Yeah, a year or two ago, it just used to be Peter Simon that was persistently just quoting the flexi pay price instead of the total cost, now they are all at, you can get this home for only x amount tonight.

And as has been said, lots of small monthly payments can soon mount up to a lot in a month and you can be in trouble with debt before you realise it.

Latest posts

Back