Qvc cost of living winners and losers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Our Ninja Foodie (yes it was pricey) negates the need for the main oven. We cook everything in it, however, I haven't used the pressure cooker part (should try it). We bake and grill with it, ready meals can be done in it, baked spuds (pre-microed), slow cook stews, chilli, spag bol, pies, crumbles, it does everything and it cooks in the speed of a fan oven. We'll definitely be using this to cook before we use our main cooker.

CC

Candycane if I remember correctly you were a bit sceptical once you had ordered it and thought it was too complicated to bother with so I’m glad you have sussed it out and it’s working well for you. Which model did you get?

Search universal pan lid and you can find things like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082GW2C1Y/?tag=shoppingcom03-21
I always liked a pan with a lid but they are rare now so I have one of those and find it great - it stops the fat spitting and is great for cooking fried eggs without any oil .

Come Xmas, people will still be cooking their family meal turkey, ham with all the trimmings.

Halgon (sp) the ones that sit on the worktop, and you can cook everything in it at once. A friend had one loved it but not heard her mention it in a while. Are they good and energy saving?

Come Xmas, people will still be cooking their family meal turkey, ham with all the trimmings.

Halgon (sp) the ones that sit on the worktop, and you can cook everything in it at once. A friend had one loved it but not heard her mention it in a while. Are they good and energy saving?
I was thinking about all the Xmas adverts, that will be appearing in the next couple of months and wonder if companies will be having a re think and instead of people seen in the kitchen whipping a turkey out of the oven, whether it will be replaced with a halogen or air-fryer, and all the tv cooks will be showing us how to do it all in the microwave!

Hopefully that will be the case and the country won’t be sitting in the cold and dark, existing on bread and water. 😳
How much does an average two week summer holiday cost? Thousands, probably. I think a lot of couples gave up their holls so they would not be deprived of the food and heat they usually have. I know that there are tens of thousands of families who could never afford a holiday, and these are the ones who will suffer.

I`m half expecting a leaflet drop telling us how to make a Woolton Pie or 101 uses for a tin of corned beef. I jest but on a serious note the energy companies must know there are going to be many many people who simply cannot afford their energy bills and no matter how much they try to cut back. A £ will only stretch so far and as much as they can send lots of letters, umpteen phonecalls or threats of debt collection, they will have to jump through hoops to be able to disconnect you.
They can`t force entry into your house without applying for a warrant and they can`t force you to change to a pay as you go meter even though they try to make out that they can and as long as you can show them it`s financially impossible to clear your current bill before the next bill is due, then they have to allow you to carry debt over as long as you are paying what you can and sticking to the monthly/weekly agreement.
No doubt it will be a massive worry for many but those they class as vulnerable ie people with young children, the elderly and those who are disabled or housebound will have extra protection against disconnection.

Edwina Curry has been on TV and said people just need to put tin foil behind their radiators to save on heating.

What happens if you cannot afford to put the heating on?

Does she know the price of tin foil these days?
She clearly hasn't heard the expression "better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt".

Edwina Curry has been on TV and said people just need to put tin foil behind their radiators to save on heating.

What happens if you cannot afford to put the heating on?

Does she know the price of tin foil these days?

I bought the thick reflector foil that’s specifically designed to put behind radiators years ago. It’s fixed onto on plastic rods that are suspended on the radiator’s brackets but they’re undetectable. I think it was featured on QVC 🤔 but it is available elsewhere.

Luckily my fuel bills aren’t too bad, although my heating’s been off since early April and won’t be put on until October at the earliest. I’m also on a new fixed tarif which helps. Even when I put the heating on, the thermostat is only on 19.5 on the coldest days. I guess that’s one good thing about not really feeling the cold. I’m still being economical though and doubt the tumble dryer will be put on this winter.

I`m half expecting a leaflet drop telling us how to make a Woolton Pie or 101 uses for a tin of corned beef. I jest but on a serious note the energy companies must know there are going to be many many people who simply cannot afford their energy bills and no matter how much they try to cut back. A £ will only stretch so far and as much as they can send lots of letters, umpteen phonecalls or threats of debt collection, they will have to jump through hoops to be able to disconnect you.
They can`t force entry into your house without applying for a warrant and they can`t force you to change to a pay as you go meter even though they try to make out that they can and as long as you can show them it`s financially impossible to clear your current bill before the next bill is due, then they have to allow you to carry debt over as long as you are paying what you can and sticking to the monthly/weekly agreement.
No doubt it will be a massive worry for many but those they class as vulnerable ie people with young children, the elderly and those who are disabled or housebound will have extra protection against disconnection.
Will there be fines?

Candycane if I remember correctly you were a bit sceptical once you had ordered it and thought it was too complicated to bother with so I’m glad you have sussed it out and it’s working well for you. Which model did you get?
I was sceptical but we can't do without it now. It was the one on Q that was the TSV, does pressure cooker and has the "probe" lol. I think it's the Foodie 9. It was over £300 I know that much but cost per use (as they say) it has more than paid for itself. When I got it and thought it was too complicated, I bought a cookbook off amazon specifically for this machine written by a guy in the UK and I never looked back. We hardly ever use the cooker now.

CC

That woman is a nuisance and away with the fairies.
Agreed. As if she's going to put tin foil behind her radiators. No wonder Martin Lewis had his head in his hands. Edwina lives in another world (with fairies in it - she had an affair with John Major didn't she?)

CC

Years ago I tried those foil radiator things but they would stay stuck and left an awful mess plus I wasn’t convinced about them

The ones that I’ve got have a top that’s sewn over and you feed the pole into that. The poles have a slot in them and that’s what grips onto the radiator brackets. Nothing sticky at all and they are effective.

It’s difficult to explain so I hope you can envisualize what I mean, but they’re very easy to instal. You just cut the width that you need and then Bob’s your uncle.

Latest posts

Back