Boycott QVC today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

couldn't agree more about this horrible, horrible man.
It wouldn't matter what they were hawking today-I wouldn't watch!

There maybe only 21 posts in this thread, but over 700 people have read it and now know the suffering that QVC choose to ignore in favour of profit wuss

Last edited:
oh hell what have I missed? I turned QVC on when I logged onto this forum, and made a snap purchase of a furry hat. Do I have to cancel?

oh hell what have I missed? I turned QVC on when I logged onto this forum, and made a snap purchase of a furry hat. Do I have to cancel?

No, course you don't. I just think it's important that people know what this bloke is up to so they can make an informed choice. :3:

Hi,

no thanks, I will watch today, but thanks for asking.

I hope no-one thinks I was ordering them what to do - re-reading my post (made in the heat of seeing his revolting face at TSV launch last night) I can see how it might have sounded a bit bolshy and it really wasn't my intention. I probably should have titled it "I'M going to boycott QVC today" so sorry if that annoyed anyone. I know there's been a lot of Basso bashing on here recently, but I think it's justified and people can choose not to read. But as was said above - if it helps people realise what's going on, then surely that's got to be a good thing.

ok :) I liked it and it was cheaper than what they sell in monsoon you see, so thought mmmmm mummy needs new hat!!! I would never buy real fur though!

Hello, I am new to this forum, although I have been reading it for quite a while now. I have emailed QVC in the past over this disgusting man, and got the reply that "although they know he sells real fur, they don't deal with that side of his business so basically it's okay". Shame on them. I won't have QVC on today.

Wheres Colin?

We could do with another 'Colin The Telephone Caller' to get through the QVC screening, someone with a convincing attitude and steady voice to challenge him live on air about his vile trade. It wants filming and posting on You Tube so that everyone can see it and maybe shame QVC into kicking him into touch!

I wish I had the nerve but I would make a mess of it I am sure.

Bet

No, course you don't. I just think it's important that people know what this bloke is up to so they can make an informed choice. :3:

I hope no-one thinks I was ordering them what to do - re-reading my post (made in the heat of seeing his revolting face at TSV launch last night) I can see how it might have sounded a bit bolshy and it really wasn't my intention. I probably should have titled it "I'M going to boycott QVC today" so sorry if that annoyed anyone. I know there's been a lot of Basso bashing on here recently, but I think it's justified and people can choose not to read. But as was said above - if it helps people realise what's going on, then surely that's got to be a good thing.

Bless, I didn't take it like that! Like so many other people I had looked and wondered what his coats would be like but thanks to having my eyes opened, I wouldn't dream of buying anything after reading what goes on outside the 'QVC Faux Fur' malarkey. How anyone can sleep at night knowing they're making money out of that is really, really sickening I feel. It's each to their own and I completely understand that not everyone feels that way but it's just not for me - I found the website quite upsetting to be honest.

I couldn't finish reading the revolting details but more than happy to join the boycott!!!!

We could do with another 'Colin The Telephone Caller' to get through the QVC screening, someone with a convincing attitude and steady voice to challenge him live on air about his vile trade. It wants filming and posting on You Tube so that everyone can see it and maybe shame QVC into kicking him into touch!

I wish I had the nerve but I would make a mess of it I am sure.

Bet

That's exactly what crossed my mind.

I was so tempted to ring from my old mobile. It has airtime on it and a new sims card, (because it came with my new phone and when I bought it I put my old Sims card in the new one, so I didn't have to change the number) and so would have been almost untraceable back to me as I've never used it.

Imagine waxing lyrical about how fabulous his coats were (like some of the gushing callers he usually has) and then asking him if he can justify his part in the barbaric practice of killing animals purely for fashion. I reckon anyone who did that would be cut off in less time than it takes to blink.

Boy do I feel guilty now, if I could afford to I would chuck them or make dog beds out of them but the fact of the matter is being retired on a limited income its out of the question.
Funnily enough the coats (same style in 2 colours) I got was the only style I`ve ever liked so I doubt there would have been further purchases anyway.

Boy do I feel guilty now, if I could afford to I would chuck them or make dog beds out of them but the fact of the matter is being retired on a limited income its out of the question.
Funnily enough the coats (same style in 2 colours) I got was the only style I`ve ever liked so I doubt there would have been further purchases anyway.

There's no need to feel guilty. If you like your coats, then you should continue to enjoy wearing them.

thank you to erveryone

I have been reading here for a while now, but have never joined. However: I had to join to say thank you for informing me about this horrible situation. I did not know, and will certainly never buy of this chap. I was totally disgusted by that. Thank you to everyone for informing me.

his tsv did not sell out in any of the sizes or colours it looked really overpriced and spacky so.....

I have been reading here for a while now, but have never joined. However: I had to join to say thank you for informing me about this horrible situation. I did not know, and will certainly never buy of this chap. I was totally disgusted by that. Thank you to everyone for informing me.

Thank you star234 and welcome. Now you've taken the plunge, stay with and keep posting!:1:

Latest posts

Back