Bare Escentuals TSV Tues 13th Oct

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

radiance is a shimmer - in effect you use it to highlight the cheekbones / shoulders / eyes etc. It is a very versatile product and can be mixed with foundation or even moisturiser and body lotion to give the skin a dewy look. A little goes a long way!

Mineral veil is a finishing powder and the classic mineral veil is a matte (but not dull) way of removing shine and setting your BE look. It is also good used underneath the foundation or as an eye base. It also comes in tinted and featherlight (with a hint of pearly shimmer), Until we discovered Christopher Drummond, I would not have been without mineral veil,

Thanks a lot.:happy:

How is 'soft focus' different to radiance, Jayne? Thank you.

Soft focus colours are lovely - they are very soft and forgiving - almost like a blend of mineral veil, radiance and blush.

BE says

These foolproof complexion boosters give the softest, sheerest of coverage.

Soft Focus colors can be used to lighten, brighten and deepen eyes and cheeks for a more forgiving, flawless look, like being followed by a soft focus camera lens. Adds a healthy, glow with a soft, diffused look.

Just caught sight of myself in a mirror and think I probably need permanent soft focus, not having the normal bad hair day, just a bad face day! I know they say to wear less make up as you get older, but that's not working for me. Perhaps BE should be the next on my 'to try' list.

Be tsv

Hi all

I have never used BE before and I know I should be FARTing, but what is the general consensus on today's TSV? It looks quite good but haven't a clue if it's a good deal or not (mind you, is anything a good deal these days).

Any views would be most welcome.

Thanks.:confused2:

I can't get on with BE. . my skin is in good condition thanks to Gatineau but soon as I get excited about BE, the result is that my skin looks fab while the makeup is on. . but flares up in red patches/breakouts for the next few days and itches like mad!

I really want to like BE and adore the concept. . but my skin hates any kind of mineral foundation! I tried Lily Lolo which was better and no itching, but still came out in red patches after long-term use! :angel:

Same here, I have some of eyeshadows and they make my eyelids itch after only an hour or so, I've always put it down to BE having the dreaded Bismuth Oxychloride in it as previous threads including this onehttp://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13866&highlight=Bismuthhave mentioned. Not good for sensitive skinned people.

Just caught sight of myself in a mirror and think I probably need permanent soft focus, not having the normal bad hair day, just a bad face day! I know they say to wear less make up as you get older, but that's not working for me. Perhaps BE should be the next on my 'to try' list.

Seriously, I'd go to JBD's site and get a tester of Christopher Drummonds foundation instead. BE made me look dreadful. It showed up lines I never knew I had, made my pores look like craters, my cheeks look hairy and I went very shiny (think Tin man) to boot. Oh and it made me itch, and didn't cover any redness.

Don't get any of these problems with CD's foundation. My skin looks good, even when it's not looking that great (I'm sleep deprived at the moment). Yes, it is more pricey but it's well worth it IMO. He has a soft focus type powder as well but to be honest, you don't really need it as the foundation kind of air-brushes your skin.

Seriously, I'd go to JBD's site and get a tester of Christopher Drummonds foundation instead. BE made me look dreadful. It showed up lines I never knew I had, made my pores look like craters, my cheeks look hairy and I went very shiny (think Tin man) to boot. Oh and it made me itch, and didn't cover any redness.

Don't get any of these problems with CD's foundation. My skin looks good, even when it's not looking that great (I'm sleep deprived at the moment). Yes, it is more pricey but it's well worth it IMO. He has a soft focus type powder as well but to be honest, you don't really need it as the foundation kind of air-brushes your skin.

...and, on JBD website, there is also a good selection of BE soft focus at exceptional prices.

What strikes me is that the models never apply the products themselves, I mean I don't have a resident makeup artist.

It puts me off buying the 'mineral' eyeshadows as it suggests they are difficult to apply without someone doing for you.

Had a go with the 'mineral foundation' which was fine - but am cautious on the eyeshadows.

Also would be looking for 'Bismuth Free' - next time - less shiny (probably what the Mineral Veil is for to dull down the shine. Also concerned about developing an allergy to Bismuth.

Depends what your real issue is Pandora - you might need more hydration or moisture in your skin - you might need a primer or even more sleep.
If you feel that you have a regular 'bad face day' then I definitely wouldn't start with a new make up range as for most of us actually can have skin that feels good even without make up if we look after it and understand its needs.

Make up really should enhance your skin not be a cover up mask...I know that is easier said than done though :)

What strikes me is that the models never apply the products themselves, I mean I don't have a resident makeup artist.

It puts me off buying the 'mineral' eyeshadows as it suggests they are difficult to apply without someone doing for you.

Had a go with the 'mineral foundation' which was fine - but am cautious on the eyeshadows.

Also would be looking for 'Bismuth Free' - next time - less shiny (probably what the Mineral Veil is for to dull down the shine. Also concerned about developing an allergy to Bismuth.

If this is any help, TuxedoKitty, I actually find that the BE eyeshadows are much easier to apply than the foundation and other face/cheek products. With the foundations, you really need to master the technique before you get nice results, but the eyeshadows are a lot more forgiving, so that I have become a lot more experimental with the colours I use, because if I go OTT or don't like the result, my blending brush sorts everything out in a second. And I find that most colours 'go' with one another, IYSWIM. :flower:

Last edited:
Not sure about this one, the radiance and blusher look really dark, the radiance looks more like a bronzer to me, does it to anyone else? Love the eyeshadows though.

I was told today it is due to be sent out October 16th

I've been told today that mine is to be sent out on the 17th, which is all the same. We should be expecting delivery towards the end of next week. :flower:xxx

Not sure about this one, the radiance and blusher look really dark, the radiance looks more like a bronzer to me, does it to anyone else? Love the eyeshadows though.

I thought exactly the same Choppy, so went on e**y and got myself the eyeshadows as the rest isn't that appealing to me... I felt it was a disappointing TSV...:sad:

It did to me too. I was eager to add to my collection as i've only recently started using BE. The blusher was very dark it looked quite muddy. So far i have resisted.

I had to wanted to try BE for a long time so i bought the try me kit from Fenwicks yesterday. I tapped, I swirled and buffed, applied my mineral veil but my pores looked absolutely huge. Is there a step i've missed because i want my flawless finish:flower:

I HAD exactly the same problem, and sent mine back. besides, do not have time for endless swirling and buffing. going to try some Halo from Jayne.

I did watch at midnight, to see what I was doing wrong, and I have to say, watching the demos and listening to the make up artist, LJ? , was a delight without gobby AY there. last time she was on, she rushed through everything and could not see what she was doing. this time she showed everything beautifully and was most instructive.

There is no way, I could be bothered with all those pots,and not including a foundation is a bit of cheek, IMHO.

I HAD exactly the same problem, and sent mine back. besides, do not have time for endless swirling and buffing. going to try some Halo from Jayne.

I did watch at midnight, to see what I was doing wrong, and I have to say, watching the demos and listening to the make up artist, LJ? , was a delight without gobby AY there. last time she was on, she rushed through everything and could not see what she was doing. this time she showed everything beautifully and was most instructive.

There is no way, I could be bothered with all those pots,and not including a foundation is a bit of cheek, IMHO.

I did persevere and after some helpful tips off here i think i've cracked the application technique. I have to say it is a faff with all the different pots and i do seem to get more on the floor than i do on the brush.

would you recommend the purist collection choppysocks?

I bought this a few weeks ago and I think it is a good kit. I use the foundation every day in the winter months and was running out,so I was very pleased to get it on 3 easy pays.

Latest posts

Back