Banned from Rocks TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
sheffield owl most of the older chat regulars are in contact with each other through various ways and were notified of both marges and mirabelles sad loses through that means they have a lot more respect for the Rocks Chat than to discuss their personal lives like that even more so as both help with anyprob or queries in the chat itself both are very sensitive at the moment and dont want to talk about it to anyone certainly not in a chat room .in fact those that were notified were asked not too disguss it with anyone and it was only after a couple of weeks that anyone other than us were let know as questions were being ask as to their whereabouts

Tequila, I do not wish to go into specifics as I don't think it would be helpful, and I do not wish to upset anyone. All I shall say is that comments were made directly to me, in the Chat, by the persons involved. These are what I have spoken of.

I myself am a 'Older Chat Regular' having joined Rocks.TV in its absolute infancy, and have actively enjoyed and participated in chat ever since.

Mirabelle was discussing it in the chatroom just after her sad loss.

Yes I havn't said anything different to that, other than I havn't moaned about it as of late, and I was in shock at the time and still am....having just picked out the wreath yesterday, and the funeral still to be held next tuesday..it's all still very raw for us..critisism I can handle but I will not be critisized for greiving..

I've had it up to here now FGS.. and I could have said worse believe me! :mysmilie_81:
I don't want to carry this topic on..so for the time being I will refrain from posting here and there.. it's all getting way out of hand and a bit hard for me to stomache and remain sweetness and light about it..and I couldn't give a stuff anymore who doesn't like what....find another topic now..I'm sure you will..

Mirabelle

Last edited:
It sounds to me this Rocks chat place is more trouble than i'ts worth,hugs Mirabelle.

Lots of views and comments have been made about the Rocks Chat on this thread and hopefully Steve, Sarah and John will take the comments on board.

I agree with your post Kitten-with-claws.

I have noticed some people use the chat as their own personal support group which is very unfair on those of us who are just popping in and want to know about the jewellery/what they've missed, etc.

I agree that people shouldn't feel they need to censor their posts, but personal/private details should be kept out of a jewellery auction site chat room, imo.

Also, because of the anonyminity of a chatroom it's all too easy to reveal information you wouldn't dream of telling a stranger at a party, say and it can be embarrassing and awkward to read.

Sincere condolences for your loss mirabelle. xx

Yes I havn't said anything different to that, other than I havn't moaned about it as of late, and I was in shock at the time and still am....having just picked out the wreath yesterday, and the funeral still to be held next tuesday..it's all still very raw for us..critisism I can handle but I will not be critisized for greiving..

I've had it up to here now FGS.. and I could have said worse believe me! :mysmilie_81:
I don't want to carry this topic on..so for the time being I will refrain from posting here and there.. it's all getting way out of hand and a bit hard for me to stomache and remain sweetness and light about it..and I couldn't give a stuff anymore who doesn't like what....find another topic now..I'm sure you will..

Mirabelle

I didn't say you had said anything different Mirabelle. I quoted Tequilla's post where she said nothing had been said in chat until a couple of weeks later which was incorrect.

Last edited:
I have noticed some people use the chat as their own personal support group which is very unfair on those of us who are just popping in and want to know about the jewellery/what they've missed, etc.

It could be easy for people (especially newbies!) to miss out in information sometimes - Mirabelle is often there to answer questions etc. but with chat moving so fast, it can sometimes be easy for both questions & answers to get missed!
I'm not saying people should only talk about jewellery but it could be toned down a bit I feel (irrespective of the subject matter!) & keep the emphasis a bit more on the jewellery - seems to work that way in the mornings......?

The help team are much busier now of course, with telephone callers etc., so have less time to spend on chat, or maybe they're too 'nice' - I do think Katherine, were she still here, might have had something to say about some of the chat in recent weeks........I'm jus' sayin'.....! :mysmilie_11:

I agree with your post Kitten-with-claws.

I agree that people shouldn't feel they need to censor their posts, but personal/private details should be kept out of a jewellery auction site chat room, imo.

Also, because of the anonyminity of a chatroom it's all too easy to reveal information you wouldn't dream of telling a stranger at a party, say and it can be embarrassing and awkward to read.

Sincere condolences for your loss mirabelle. xx

i agree cheyenne, it is often abit like a support group on chat, and seems to be the same people each time doing it. I do think that somethimes they forget that it is a shopping site they are on. i know people become friends on chat but there are so many other ways they can talk/communicate that i simply don't see why they keep feeling the need to air they laundry on rockstv chat. Anyone could be reading.

It could be easy for people (especially newbies!) to miss out in information sometimes - Mirabelle is often there to answer questions etc. but with chat moving so fast, it can sometimes be easy for both questions & answers to get missed!
I'm not saying people should only talk about jewellery but it could be toned down a bit I feel (irrespective of the subject matter!) & keep the emphasis a bit more on the jewellery - seems to work that way in the mornings......?

The help team are much busier now of course, with telephone callers etc., so have less time to spend on chat, or maybe they're too 'nice' - I do think Katherine, were she still here, might have had something to say about some of the chat in recent weeks........I'm jus' sayin'.....! :mysmilie_11:

very true kitten, jewellery info can be missed because of personal chat. I think the personal stuff would prob be a bit intimidating to newbies too. It is a shame when helpful info about how rocks works etc is missed

It probably works well in the morning simply by virtue of the fact that there will be so many fewer people present. So unless we start thinning out the chatters, I don't see how it can be better organised xxxxx
12.gif

It probably works well in the morning simply by virtue of the fact that there will be so many fewer people present. So unless we start thinning out the chatters, I don't see how it can be better organised xxxxx
12.gif

Argey is the easy winner of 'The Year's Ultimate Smilie' - that has cheered me up no end, that! Fantastic! Hmmm.......solution was staring us in the face all this time........! :mysmilie_61:

death announcement

I was asked to inform rocks chatters of marges moms death, by marge, approximately a week after her death, when it became apparent that although fb and mutual friends had been informed there were some people who didnt know.ALL statements made by myself in the chat room were approved by marge.The matter was not discussed incessantly and i only briefly answered questions regarding this matter, usually has to how marge was.I do not intend to discuss it further.
I feel that its a pretty poor show though that a regular chatter,and whose mom was regularly mentioned in chat shud be singled out because a third party informed chat.Marge particularly asked me to keep the whole thing very low key,to ask for her privacy to be respected and i feel that was what i did.To my knowledge, marge has never made anything but a brief dignified response since returning to chat, and only when asked how she is faring.Neither I or Marge have received any adverse comments in chat, and i personally find the discussion of this subject in a shopping form rather pathetic.

I thought it might be quite interesting to post the Rocks Chat Rules on this thread...actually, I read them - I mean REALLY read them - for the first time today...I think there are a few of us who should actually be quite thankful we are still able to chat and haven't had our chatting priveleges revoked!!!

"The Rocks Chat room is purely for posts directly related to the auctions and our jewellery. All other posts must be made in the Chit Chat room. Posts made in the Rocks Chat room that are not relevant to our auctions and jewellery may be moved by our Help Team or other logged in members to the Chit Chat room. If this happens to your posts a sufficient number of times your ability to post in the Rocks Chat room will be automatically suspended for a pre-defined period of time. Our Help Team may reinstate the ability to post in the Rocks Chat room, but this is entirely at their discretion. Furthermore, our Help Team can make the decision to temporarily or permanently remove the ability to post in the Rocks Chat room for any user at their own initiative and entirely at their own discretion.

To ensure that both chat rooms remain friendly environments, all site users who are logged in and have the ability to chat are able to delete posts that they find inappropriate. Should a sufficient number of your posts be deleted by separate visitors then your ability to chat will be removed. Our Help Team may reinstate the ability to chat, but this is entirely at their discretion. Furthermore, our Help Team can make the decision to remove the ability to chat for any user at their own initiative and entirely at their own discretion.

To avoid inappropriate use of the delete post function, the amount of posts that each user can delete is limited.

Although posts that are not related to our jewellery and auctions are allowed in the Chit Chat room, this room is intended to be a pleasant environment and to be fun and involving for everyone who participates. Therefore we do not permit:

•Sexual or offensive language or comment
•Harassment of other people
•Inflammatory or defamatory comments
•Taunting or teasing of other chatters or bidders
•Advertising of any third party service or website, unless agreed with us in advance and authorised by us in writing
Furthermore, as the chat rooms are offered by us as a free service to enhance our auctions (where by definition prices will vary), we do not allow posts that are intended to lower the price that the item sells for. Examples of such posts are where a poster demands that an item be taken down to a certain price or comments that the item has previously sold for less.

Posts by our Help Team and other members of our team are displayed with a pink background. Please comply with any instructions given by our Help Team members.

Although we have strict rules in place, we cannot guarantee that the chat will remain free from abuse and we are not liable for the views expressed within it. "

See what I mean????

I guess what I am trying to say is that announcements, statements, sharing of thoughts, etc etc - and I am guilty of doing it myself from time to time, I am happy to hold my hands up - is really not what Rocks is there for. Rocks intention with chat is for it to enhance their business, not to act as a stand in Facebook with its status updates, or MSN with its IM capabilities.

That had as much chance of success as putting a load of people in one room for a Tupperware party, and ruling that they speak of nothing but Tupperware, and then allowing gatecrashers. :mysmilie_61: xxx

I thought it might be quite interesting to post the Rocks Chat Rules on this thread...actually, I read them - I mean REALLY read them - for the first time today...I think there are a few of us who should actually be quite thankful we are still able to chat and haven't had our chatting priveleges revoked!!!

"The Rocks Chat room is purely for posts directly related to the auctions and our jewellery. All other posts must be made in the Chit Chat room. Posts made in the Rocks Chat room that are not relevant to our auctions and jewellery may be moved by our Help Team or other logged in members to the Chit Chat room. If this happens to your posts a sufficient number of times your ability to post in the Rocks Chat room will be automatically suspended for a pre-defined period of time. Our Help Team may reinstate the ability to post in the Rocks Chat room, but this is entirely at their discretion. Furthermore, our Help Team can make the decision to temporarily or permanently remove the ability to post in the Rocks Chat room for any user at their own initiative and entirely at their own discretion.

To ensure that both chat rooms remain friendly environments, all site users who are logged in and have the ability to chat are able to delete posts that they find inappropriate. Should a sufficient number of your posts be deleted by separate visitors then your ability to chat will be removed. Our Help Team may reinstate the ability to chat, but this is entirely at their discretion. Furthermore, our Help Team can make the decision to remove the ability to chat for any user at their own initiative and entirely at their own discretion.

To avoid inappropriate use of the delete post function, the amount of posts that each user can delete is limited.

Although posts that are not related to our jewellery and auctions are allowed in the Chit Chat room, this room is intended to be a pleasant environment and to be fun and involving for everyone who participates. Therefore we do not permit:

•Sexual or offensive language or comment
•Harassment of other people
•Inflammatory or defamatory comments
•Taunting or teasing of other chatters or bidders
•Advertising of any third party service or website, unless agreed with us in advance and authorised by us in writing
Furthermore, as the chat rooms are offered by us as a free service to enhance our auctions (where by definition prices will vary), we do not allow posts that are intended to lower the price that the item sells for. Examples of such posts are where a poster demands that an item be taken down to a certain price or comments that the item has previously sold for less.

Posts by our Help Team and other members of our team are displayed with a pink background. Please comply with any instructions given by our Help Team members.

Although we have strict rules in place, we cannot guarantee that the chat will remain free from abuse and we are not liable for the views expressed within it. "

See what I mean????

I guess what I am trying to say is that announcements, statements, sharing of thoughts, etc etc - and I am guilty of doing it myself from time to time, I am happy to hold my hands up - is really not what Rocks is there for. Rocks intention with chat is for it to enhance their business, not to act as a stand in Facebook with its status updates, or MSN with its IM capabilities.

:mysmilie_696: well said princess racer, i think this the point that alot of us have been trying to make, but the rules pretty much sum it up! people who are continually doing the personal chat thing, and also saying they are fans of rockstv should perhaps read the rules asthey surely cannot be a fan of rocks and want them to do well if they keep insisting on using the chat room for their own personal issues rather than how rocks intended it to be used.

Argey, that's something for Rocks to address. Surely we should respect that these are their rules though and not just say 'oh well that'll never work' and do our darndest to make sure they don't?? As so many people have said, it works perfectly well through the day, so why can't it work and be respected in the evenings too?

PrincessRacer - well said. I know it isn't possible to stick to the rules 100% but if we all make the effort then at least there is a chance of not causing offence to other chatters or Rocks itself.:mysmilie_82:

I was asked to inform rocks chatters of marges moms death, by marge, approximately a week after her death, when it became apparent that although fb and mutual friends had been informed there were some people who didnt know.ALL statements made by myself in the chat room were approved by marge.The matter was not discussed incessantly and i only briefly answered questions regarding this matter, usually has to how marge was.I do not intend to discuss it further.
I feel that its a pretty poor show though that a regular chatter,and whose mom was regularly mentioned in chat shud be singled out because a third party informed chat.Marge particularly asked me to keep the whole thing very low key,to ask for her privacy to be respected and i feel that was what i did.To my knowledge, marge has never made anything but a brief dignified response since returning to chat, and only when asked how she is faring.Neither I or Marge have received any adverse comments in chat, and i personally find the discussion of this subject in a shopping form rather pathetic.

Maybe I've missed something here...but having watched this thread with some interest, I was under the impression it was about generalised inappropiate convos in the chatbox. I simply can not see where any one person/topic has been singled out.

To be honest...I personally think that announcing someones death in a public jewellery internet chatroom and then requesting for privacy to be respected is totally contradictory, not to mention wholly inappropiate. I understand friends needing to know, and indeed, if they are friends there are more appropiate methods of contact but casual acquaintances on an internet chatroom is something else entirely.

Perhaps the comment regarding it being 'rather pathetic that this is being discussed on a shopping forum' also applies to it being discussed/announced in a jewellery chatroom.......which brings us full circle to the original (and relevant) topic of inappropiate conversations.

Marge...if you read this, please dont think this is a personal 'dig' at you, because it certainly isnt intended that way.

Many of the Rocks chatters know me from the beginning, & I for one stopped going into the chatroom on a regular basis some months ago because of all the drama etc etc. I know I am not the only one, and it had definately cost the Bennets sales from me as I simply dont bother as much as I used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back