Banned from Rocks TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argey, that's something for Rocks to address. Surely we should respect that these are their rules though and not just say 'oh well that'll never work' and do our darndest to make sure they don't?? As so many people have said, it works perfectly well through the day, so why can't it work and be respected in the evenings too?

That wasn't what I was saying at all. :mysmilie_81: As I have said earlier, it works better in the daytime as it's generally quieter and the wine bottles haven't been open for so long :mysmilie_61: xxx Way back I suggested a retrial of the two rooms with some sort of signing in capability and restriction, as I can't see Rocks wanting to ban good customers from chat. Very sticky situation now, I personally can't see much better than two rooms and properly moderated. xxx

it would bore the ti*s off me to talk and read jewellery all the time...let's live and let live !!! i wanna hear about your hernias and piles and i'll share my diet secrets with ya all :)

it would bore the ti*s off me to talk and read jewellery all the time...let's live and let live !!! i wanna hear about your hernias and piles and i'll share my diet secrets with ya all :)

but rocks chat isn't the place to chat about hernias etc! not what rocks wanted for the chat room at all. i am sure there are places that are meant for that sort of chat

Funny you should raise the "piles" just now, as mine have just ******* *** ****** ****** and, as for me prolapse, when I'm standing up ****** ***** ***** ***. Shockin' innit?

It's funny how so many peeps don't want to hear everyone else's "stuff", but the two rooms failed before because everyone was in chit chat listening to everyone's "stuff"!!! I dunno :mysmilie_697: xxxxx

Now that DOES make a refreshing change at this hour!!!! :)

Now that DOES make a refreshing change at this hour!!!! :)

lol princess racer! well when i last looked was on about snow, not jewellery.
also noticed more people making comments about items of jewellery they don't like when they are being auctioned.

Maybe I've missed something here...but having watched this thread with some interest, I was under the impression it was about generalised inappropiate convos in the chatbox. I simply can not see where any one person/topic has been singled out.

To be honest...I personally think that announcing someones death in a public jewellery internet chatroom and then requesting for privacy to be respected is totally contradictory, not to mention wholly inappropiate. I understand friends needing to know, and indeed, if they are friends there are more appropiate methods of contact but casual acquaintances on an internet chatroom is something else entirely.

Perhaps the comment regarding it being 'rather pathetic that this is being discussed on a shopping forum' also applies to it being discussed/announced in a jewellery chatroom.......which brings us full circle to the original (and relevant) topic of inappropiate conversations.

Marge...if you read this, please dont think this is a personal 'dig' at you, because it certainly isnt intended that way.

Many of the Rocks chatters know me from the beginning, & I for one stopped going into the chatroom on a regular basis some months ago because of all the drama etc etc. I know I am not the only one, and it had definately cost the Bennets sales from me as I simply dont bother as much as I used.

I have noticed you haven't been there Mothy....we miss you...you're funny!!!! Not funny as in weird, by the way, just generally funny....oh you know what I mean!!!!

I agree with you re the above, and you have put it far more eloquently than I could have managed, so :mysmilie_687:

The rules are clear and concise and set expectations BUT there's a problem .....

People may read the rules when they join and may do their best to adhere but it is human nature that several weeks down the line, the rules are forgotton and people will revert to whatever they are naturally programmed to do i.e. for some that will be sharing intimate details, for others it will be hello/goodbye and little more.

So, IMVHO, rules are great but unless you have somebody policing or moderating them, they won't work consistently.

For me, the nub of the issue is that everybody has different views about what is / what isn't acceptable in chat and that won't change so there will always be what some consider inappropriate topics. The nub of the issue for the Bennetts is does it affect their business. Ultimately that has to be the decider I would think.

I was watching when you posted in Rocks Chat tonight. If you have a genuine problem with items you purchased, behaving as you have done tonight, is NOT the way to get things resolved.
You went out of you way to be rude, to try and provoke trouble and upset people. Like others, if it was my site, I would ban you too - in fact I would have done it much sooner. You do not have the right to cause disruption on a site. If you walked into a bricks & mortar jewellers and behaved in such a fashion, undoubtedly the Police would be called.
Perhaps you need to learn a few skills about the way to ask for assistance in order to get a problem resolved. If you decide to approach Steve & Sarah again, may I suggest you try an apology first. Personally, I believe you owe them a public apology - such as on here.

I was watching when you posted in Rocks Chat tonight. If you have a genuine problem with items you purchased, behaving as you have done tonight, is NOT the way to get things resolved.
You went out of you way to be rude, to try and provoke trouble and upset people. Like others, if it was my site, I would ban you too - in fact I would have done it much sooner. You do not have the right to cause disruption on a site. If you walked into a bricks & mortar jewellers and behaved in such a fashion, undoubtedly the Police would be called.
Perhaps you need to learn a few skills about the way to ask for assistance in order to get a problem resolved. If you decide to approach Steve & Sarah again, may I suggest you try an apology first. Personally, I believe you owe them a public apology - such as on here.

Sorry am I missing something? Who are you meaning CottonTail?

I'm sure I can't be the only one who finds this thread very distasteful. If there's something you don't like reading in the Chat, I see no reason not to politely tell the person that perhaps it's not the place for such things. But reading it and then coming on here to moan where they cannot defend themselves is tantamount to playground bullying imvho. If you don't like reading the Chat, the option is there to turn it off. It would be a shame to spoil your Rocks' experience and even more so if it puts you off buying from Rocks altogether.

We are all guilty, I'm sure, of being a little intolerant and but can I just say, those in glass houses ..........

Last edited:
Klosblue, I don't think CottonTail was addressing you but the original poster of this thread. I witnessed the incident last night that CottonTail was refering to, where Biggene was quite rude to Sarah and about Carol.

I can't help but but feel it is time for the moderators to close this forum thread. It appears to be no longer a conversation or debate but an opportunity to launch personal attacks on chat users and these are causing distress for a number of people. At the very least this forum is now very uncomfortable.

If you are unhappy with chat, post a reminder, delete the offensive entry or turn it off!.

Moderators please give consideration to closing this thread.

Klosblue, I don't think CottonTail was addressing you but the original poster of this thread. I witnessed the incident last night that CottonTail was refering to, where Biggene was quite rude to Sarah and about Carol.

Yes I agree that Cottontail was referring to the original post which started this thread.

I can't help but but feel it is time for the moderators to close this forum thread. It appears to be no longer a conversation or debate but an opportunity to launch personal attacks on chat users and these are causing distress for a number of people. At the very least this forum is now very uncomfortable.

If you are unhappy with chat, post a reminder, delete the offensive entry or turn it off!.

We are keeping an eye on this thread but we feel it is best to leave it open in order for Steve, Sarah or John to come back to it.

:mysmilie_687: Badlyworntoy. I knew she wasn't referring to me because I'm never in Rocks chat these days but her post is very random and tends to point to the previous post to hers which is Meeshoo's and I know she would never act like that so that's why I was confused! Obviously those who were in the chatroom at the time would know who the offender was but to someone like me who doesn't use the chat it's a bit confusing!

There seems to be a lot of sad people around just now who have nothing better to do than to go on to Rocks chat or on here just to cause trouble. These people need to be dealt with very firmly and I certainly hope the person Cottontail refers to has been well and truly put in their place! It's ridiculous that what should be vehicles to share experiences and information, give/read reviews and make friends with others who share the same interests are being used to offend and upset and perhaps the best solution would be for everyone to click the "Report" button and not to dignify these posts with any form of response.

i don't think there have been personal attacks on people on this thread, i am sure no one meant to offend anyone. it is a discussion, and i understand that some people may not like the fact it is happening as some people like way chat has become but others don't and also have a right to put their opinion forward. I don't think this thread needs closing, as i don't see that that would solve anything. Plus sazzas right, it would be good to give steve/sarah a chance to reply.

Just a thought............

Yes I agree that Cottontail was referring to the original post which started this thread.

We are keeping an eye on this thread but we feel it is best to leave it open in order for Steve, Sarah or John to come back to it.
Yes I'm pleased to see that, as imho we're going round in circles now and perhaps not achieving very much.

However, the title of this thread is a bit of an oxymoron.....in that it has given many folks an opportunity to express their opinions on the chatroom issue.......but also I fear not really good for promoting/enhancing the image of RocksTV for casual or first time visitors to this forum. Whereas I'm sure the vast majority of us wish them all success with this venture, particularly now that they are broadcasting on Sky and consequently reaching a much wider audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back