Mally and the Turd

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
first of all, please dont censor this thread becuase of the title... read on.

this week i witnessed a mally show hosted by jill franks. it was tea time - i remember because i was eating a tuna sandwich, but had my eye on the piece of chocolate fudge cake which was to follow.

a packshot was shown, it was an orangey/brown coloured eyeshadow or blusher. i am not sure which.

franks commented that the packshot wasnt doing the item justice.

mally said, as clear as a bell "no, it looks like a little turd".

yes, you heard me. "a little TURD"

franks looked flustered. she had heard. they went to a break.

when they returned there was no apology, no mention at all. it was like it never happened.

so, just so we are all clear and understand "turd" is apparently now acceptable pre-watershed language.

move over stacey - you have been replaced. and with these relaxed rules i cant wait for joan rivers next visit :giggle:

i didnt eat the chocolate fudge.....

Little Turd?

Burlz i think you need to wash your ears out, this would never happen on QVC :giggle:

I agree.

Though Ideal World could use it freely to describe their offerings...

Howdy all - been lurking for a while and found this thread so hard to respond to! :tongue:

Mally also told JF she had a booger in her nose. She was mortified and went all red. Not a huge fan of her products, but always watch for the entertainment value.

Mally also told JF she had a booger in her nose. She was mortified and went all red. Not a huge fan of her products, but always watch for the entertainment value.

That was no booger: that was her brain making a break for it.

Poor thing's criminally underused!

I was taping it and I rewound twice because I thought I had misheard!
I also heard the 'booger' reference and loved it when she said" so it's all right for you to refer to your menstrual period, but I can't say booger"....Hilarious!

Yeah I saw that, it couldn't have happened to a better person, :grin: I think Mally's products look cheap and tacky and more suited to stage make up, some of them eyes were way scary.

On one of the Mally shows yesterday they had Amica made up with Mally products. When they showed Amica all made up, Mally exclaimed "Oh, you'll be getting some tonight!" Ali Young said something along the lines of "Shall we apologise now?" and Mally started on about how Amica was a married woman and a consenting adult. Very funny. :rock:

it's all true!

I saw all these funny moments thanks to the wonders of Sky+! Now I'll record Mally hours even if I'm not buying just for these gems.

AY and the others' awkwardness and reaction actually draws attention to the comments more than if they just let them go! AY comes across as an ol' prude (which I hope she isn't) by her apologies.

I'd hate for someone to apologise on my behalf, particularly the "she didn't mean that!" horror! Usually I mean every word I say; sometimes it may cause offence, and on a few occasions I mean to cause offence but I'll decide whether I'll apologise for it! I'm confident Mally never says things to cause offence so AY's apology isn't needed. Joan Rivers, on the other-hand, maybe does say things for effect but I'm old and ugly enough to deal with it without a presenter acting as guardian of the nation's sensitivity!

Jude x

"s*d off the lot of you...no offence!"

Did AY get suspended once from QVC for a couple of weeks when she was on with Andrew from Gatineau when I think he did something which they obviously thought was inappropriate?

Did AY get suspended once from QVC for a couple of weeks when she was on with Andrew from Gatineau when I think he did something which they obviously thought was inappropriate?

Now I'm as curious as Queen Curious of Curiouslavia on Planet Nosy! :nod:

I saw that too, thought I was mistaken.

I love Mally and tried her products for the first time on the last TSV. They really are great, especially the eyeliner which really didnt move.

LOL!! What are you all like? :mysmilie_17: Keep it up though....Cos you cheer me up:mysmilie_508:

I love Mally and tried her products for the first time on the last TSV. They really are great, especially the eyeliner which really didnt move.

I know that I'm a mere man and cannot be expected to understand the mysteries of make up, but shouldn't eyeliner not move anyway?

Is not like it's lime jelly :cheeky:

Latest posts

Back