Oh My Heart Bleeds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

bags

Registered Shopper
Debbie Greenwood has just announced she just can't afford a 1 1/2 ct flawless diamond ring.
My heart bleeds lets all have a wip round for her, as she's so very poor. :heartbroke:
We can't all afford Tiffany's can we she say's, now I must be wrong but I thought she'd had a Tiffany piece for her 50th.

:thinking:

Sorry Debbie I've switched off now it was the jewellery I was hoping to hear about being new items.
I've up till now been subjected to only details on the red carpet events you have been lucky to go to.
The meals your husband has taken you out for Valentines Nights, the number of celebs you have bumped into and interviewed.
The James Bonds actors you prefer and that you bumped into PB in your village on Valentines night because his parents live there.
That your friend lives a jet style life as she runs a PR company etc etc etc ............

Debbie Greenwood has just announced she just can't afford a 1 1/2 ct flawless diamond ring.
My heart bleeds lets all have a wip round for her, as she's so very poor. :heartbroke:
We can't all afford Tiffany's can we she say's, now I must be wrong but I thought she'd had a Tiffany piece for her 50th.

:thinking:

I'll donate 10p :giggle::giggle:

Most of the presenters talk this sort of rubbish. I wonder if they are told to in order to illustrate a lifestyle that we could have if we bought their tat ? (sorry, not very elegantly written but you'll get my drift).

What a pointless, nasty thread. I didn't see the show, but was it really that bad? Debbie witters, they all do, big deal.

What a pointless, nasty thread. I didn't see the show, but was it really that bad? Debbie witters, they all do, big deal.

I don't think it's a pointless thread at all........................each to their own opinions and all that. It's what stops the Forum becoming boring:rock:

I actually agree with countess K that they all do it. Its no different to all the magazines or the sublements in the paper full of coverage for the red carpet events. The presenters are just following that as everyone seems to love hearing/reading about it.
God only knows why but there we have it. So Debbie doing nothing different to all the others, plus it was jewellery which was mostly not for everyday use... in my opinion, although I stopped after the preview so did not see it all.

The presenters are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
They are classed as boring if they just talk about the products and are accused of showing off or similar if they talk about their home life.
It seems none of them can strike a happy medium.

I saw some of the show this morning and she was on without a guest so she probably had to ad lib as you can only say a certain amount about the items :thinking::thinking: without a partner in crime to feed off :cheeky:. It doesn't bother me when she speaks about her friends/lifestyle as sometimes it's more interesting than the products imo:tongue: and she usually is one of the more self deprecating presenters.

Sorry you feel I'm being nasty I never intended for it to appear so.
You are entitled to your view that it is a pointless thread, I take that on board.
I don't mind at all hearing little snippets of gossip during presentations it takes or covers over the any hard sell.
But little preparation of products they are selling which is the presenters job, doesn't impress me if I'm looking to learn about the product on air.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukdetail/ViewOptions.aspx?viewOption=watchvideo&item=689183&country=UK

:flower:

I do not wish to contradict the OP but if you didn't want to appear nasty and I am not saying you are nasty, why did you call the thread 'oh my heart bleeds'?

I do not wish to contradict the OP but if you didn't want to appear nasty and I am not saying you are nasty, why did you call the thread 'oh my heart bleeds'?

Oh gosh cut me some slack if I choose the wrong title for you.
Because she started the hour saying she couldn't afford a diamond ring.

:sad:

Oh gosh cut me some slack if I choose the wrong title for you.
Because she started the hour saying she couldn't afford a diamond ring.

:sad:

I am just putting my point across. I am not saying whether you should or shouldn't have chosen the title, you are perfectly entitled to call your thread what ever you wish but you shouldn't then be surprised if some people think it is 'nasty'.

I am just putting my point across. I am not saying whether you should or shouldn't have chosen the title, you are perfectly entitled to call your thread what ever you wish but you shouldn't then be surprised if some people think it is 'nasty'.

Oh please I have clearly said I didn't intend to be so nasty.
As for me being surprised that people think it's nasty I have never said that I'm surprised.
I have said that I'm sorry and that I take others comments on board.
Please I don't know what else I can say, just leave me alone.

Sorry you feel I'm being nasty I never intended for it to appear so.
You are entitled to your view that it is a pointless thread, I take that on board.
I don't mind at all hearing little snippets of gossip during presentations it takes or covers over the any hard sell.
But little preparation of products they are selling which is the presenters job, doesn't impress me if I'm looking to learn about the product on air.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukdetail/ViewOptions.aspx?viewOption=watchvideo&item=689183&country=UK

:flower:

Yeah, fair enough, she got a bit confused between a couple of rings and it was a bit Kathy Tayler-ish (sorry KT, we love you really), but I rather enjoyed her Pierce Brosnan story. I think it's the sort of sweet, harmless wittering that a lot of people tune in to hear on QVC, especially if they're stuck in the house all day with not much chance of speaking to people in real life (been there, done that). I understand that it's frustrating if you're wanting to hear details of certain products but, really, what is there to say about Diamonique that we haven't heard a million times before?!

I don't want this to turn into a fight, so let's just agree to disagree.

Bags-have pm'd you!I don't want to inflame things either, but didn't think you were nasty.

Jill Franks was on the schedule to present this show. Could this have been a last minute change? It was supposed to be posh Diamonique so I suppose you'd expect to hear a few celeb stories, wouldn't you?

Bags-have pm'd you!I don't want to inflame things either, but didn't think you were nasty.

I agree that Bags' comments didn't come across to me as nasty. Things have been posted on the forum that to me seem much much worse than this without generating such a response but there again we are all entitled to our opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back