Ask Alison ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, but she became zeleb obessed and still is unfortunately.

I would suspect AY is the main bread winner Donna. She must be on a fair old whack from QVC

Last edited:
Sorry Frazzled, fingers worked quicker than brain! Buttery off-White sounds rather attractive to me, I had you down as more of an "old underpants grey" hue! Gemma xx

Surely the forum is meant for lots of different things and if we see something someone has posted that we don't agree with or like should we not feel free to say so or is that not allowed?.

I think there's a difference between stating 1) that you hold a different opinion to someone, and 2) saying outright that someone is wrong to say what they feel.

Unfortunately, there are people who feel that both options are the same. IMO, The first is normal and is the basis of a good debate. However, the second is tantamount to censorship and bullying.

I'm surprised that Earthgirl wants to post on here considering she thinks commenting on shopping telly presenters is so wrong, when Graham and Sazza have made it clear on MANY occasions that posts can be made on any aspect of shopping telly. Presenters included. If she has been lurking for a while, then Earthgirl shouldn't be so surprised by this: ALL forums on this site have posts commenting on presenters. QVC doesn't receive any "special treatment" from what I've experienced.

Aw I like Ali, think I might be the only one :tongue:

Me too Bexi!! Even though she talks over people and shouts etc, I still like her! I prefer her slightly acerbic nature to the complete falseness of the bimbos, the mumsy wumsies and the downright boring :tongue: But different personalities appeal to different people - it's a strange mixed up world!

I think there's a difference between stating 1) that you hold a different opinion to someone, and 2) saying outright that someone is wrong to say what they feel.

Unfortunately, there are people who feel that both options are the same. IMO, The first is normal and is the basis of a good debate. However, the second is tantamount to censorship and bullying.

You've confused me there cherub.

Not hard to do I grant you. :tongue:

Are you

1) Saying that you hold a different opinion to Earthgirl

or

2) Saying outright that Earthgirl is wrong to say what she feels.

:confused2:

You've confused me there cherub.

Not hard to do I grant you. :tongue:

Are you

1) Saying that you hold a different opinion to Earthgirl

or

2) Saying outright that Earthgirl is wrong to say what she feels.

:confused2:

Oooh, you! :wink:

I wouldn't DREAM of saying that Earthgirl is wrong to say what she feels.

Though I may not necessarily agree with what she has to say.

Totally agree with Flamenco.

I've lurked on this forum off and on for years (although I lost the login for my original username) and I never cease to be amazed by posters who seem to loathe QVC's presenters, products and everything about the channel, and yet seem to do nothing other than watch QVC. I'm not naive - I know the internet allows people to dish out abuse that they would never be brave enough to voice in public, but I am genuinely startled by some of the vile, mean spirited things I read on this forum every single time I visit.

If you hate something / someone so much, why on earth watch it / them? Clearly, some people get too much of a kick out of assassinating the characters of QVC presenters (QVC presenters! Of all people!) in order to entertain that idea, but in my opinion, it really is that simple.

"yet seem to do nothing other than watch QVC." - bit of an assumption there?? i dunno about anyone else but i watch if it's a line of products i'm interested in - NOT to see the presenter or to 'watch QVC'. i do understand that some people who are maybe lonely and/or depressed have it on all the time for company but that is different as it's more 'background noise' than wanting to actually find out about a product.

as for your comment about alison's presenting skills being the only thing we are 'entitled' to criticise, surely her appearance is all part of it? it's not rocket science is it - if you're selling beauty products, surely you have to make sure you're well turned out with nice make-up, hair, nails. i personally see that as part of the job. if she was selling me an oil change in the garage up the road, it wouldn't matter.

we're not allowed to criticise the presenters but you're allowed to criticise us? lilian could not have put it better - "And with all due respect if people don't like what we write on here then why come on to read it ?"

but wait! you want advance notice of the tsvs right? ok - mind the door on your way out.
lilian could not have put it better -

It doesn't take long for these threads to turn nasty.
Everyone is entitled to have their say including those who say they don't like threads slagging off presenters.

Everyone is entitled to have their say including those who say they don't like threads slagging off presenters.

Hear, hear! :clapping:

Though I think some people get so wound up in defending presenters they like that they forget the first part of your second sentence.

Everyone is entitled to state what they like/don't like about shopping tellly: no-one should be got at for voicing an opinion. Though they should not be surprised if some people do disagree with what they say. :nod:

Hear, hear! :clapping:

Though I think some people get so wound up in defending presenters they like that they forget the first part of your second sentence.

Everyone is entitled to state what they like/don't like about shopping tellly: no-one should be got at for voicing an opinion. Though they should not be surprised if some people do disagree with what they say. :nod:

Thank you HC, you have put it in a nutshell. Telling someone not to read the forum if they don't like what has been said is as bad as telling someone not to watch QVC if they don't like the presenters.

I would say though, that some of the posts about presenters are a little OTT sometimes ,that is my opinion and I shouldn't feel unable to say so.

We have been here several times before and I think we are just going to have to agree to differ.

Thank you HC, you have put it in a nutshell. Telling someone not to read the forum if they don't like what has been said is as bad as telling someone not to watch QVC if they don't like the presenters.

I would say though, that some of the posts about presenters are a little OTT sometimes ,that is my opinion and I shouldn't feel unable to say so.

As is my opinion that if people don't like whats written here then don't read it. With respect.

Well, I'm glad that's sorted!
I thought I was going to have to put my tin hat on again before I entered this thread :biggrin:

Fair enough but I'm not sure what we are agreeing to differ on really.

I meant that we all have our own opinion, whether it is regarded as good or bad and no amount of debate will ever change it. I don't see that we have any other option but to call it quits and move on. I don't, however accept the hypocrisy that crept into a tiny number of the posts on this subject IYKWIM! Gemma xxxx

I don't think that expressing a contrary opinion is having a go at, or having a dig at someone.

I do think it's illogical to think it's ok for these people to express their negative opinion of something, but wrong for those people to express their negative opinion of something.

Speaking of illogical: How is it possible to not read posts you "don't like"? How do you discover that you "don't like" it without reading it first?

ShoppingTelly.com is about everybody's opinions. It's bad for Graham's business, and again rather illogical, to suggest that people shouldn't come here if they don't share yours.

I meant that we all have our own opinion, whether it is regarded as good or bad and no amount of debate will ever change it. I don't see that we have any other option but to call it quits and move on. I don't, however accept the hypocrisy that crept into a tiny number of the posts on this subject IYKWIM! Gemma xxxx

I'm afraid I must be thick because I have no idea what you mean.:flower:

Latest posts

Back