Stock piling

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
Just wondering as I rummage in my bathroom cupboard... as many of you have been customers of Q for as long as it's been on air here, what is the worst example of stockpiling you are willing to confess to? I am thinking about mine whilst I soak in the tub and get back to you.

I'm a hoarder! Not quite on a par with those featured on "Hoarders..buried alive" but if I lived on my own...who knows.

I found two Skincode products this weekend, still boxed with a use by date of 2007. 'Must have ordered them from Ideal World and I remember the products had a lovely fragrance a bit like Avon's soft musk but lighter. Anyhoo I opened them up and they look and smell fine so Mr Akimbo is using the line smoothing serum and eye gel on the forehead lines he says I've given him.

See! Everything comes in eventually!

Jude xx

If you don't use up your stockpiles, this can happen ~ Confession about old makeup ~ okay, all BeautyTherapists on line, I NO longer use my Revlon Honey Blusher. It's so old it doesn't even have a barcode on it, mid70s, I think. I keep it as a reminder of being a singleton, I guess. Somewhere along my moves I lost my Yardley Thumbelina from the 60s - shaped like a thimble and you flicked the top for the concealer and mirror in the lid and swung out a tray for the green eyeshadow and the black liner was in the base. Spiffy!

I've got one of those collapsible plastic boxes in the cupboard, full of stuff I've bought, not just from Q, but I know there's an Oil of Ulay set which I got on offer from Tesco, I've got Aldi creams, hand creams, foot creams, make-up brushes, spot sticks, SBC gels, they'll all come in in time I'm sure - I love your idea Jude of using them up on the OH! I think mine could benefit from generous applications of SBC collagen gel!

Well here goes: aveda litre bottles shampure. 3/4 empty. Blue malva conditioner unopened but now binned. 4 bottled of molton brown hand wash and matching hand lotion. Think 3 of them still usable. 4 tubes of cleanse and polish. Various small tubes of brightening treatment, nourishing mask and 3 mini superbalms. 3 molton brown shower gels. Various SBC stuff I will never ever use. 2 bottles if Gsle Hayman "not so delicious" binning loads. I will gift or ebay the liz earle ad it's still fine.

I have not included my current Ema Hardie or L'Occitane, as this is being used with pleasure. But what a lesson!!! If it's still in the cupboard after 12 months it won't get used!

Snarly... Lol!!!!!

I did a rummage and gave some unused products to a women's charity. Basically for women who have had to leave everything behind in fear for their lives. It made me think very seriously about how much I have in more ways than one. So last March ... I think it was March but anyway remember that date ... I made a deal with myself that unless I was allergic to a product I had to use every ****** scrap I had in the house before I could buy anything new. And I would never again buy a product that I didn't need or knew I wouldn't use.

So ... what was that date again? March. That would be a year and 3 months ago and I am STILL getting through my stash. I now only have shampoo, conditioner and shower gel to use up. Oh no I also have facial scrub/exfoliator.

I have used some good stuff, some OK, some fab and some absolute and utter tosh. I have learnt what I really love and found new favourites. Previously I would have said my favourite body lotion was Elemis. Actually it is one of two. The other being £2.99 from Garnier. Guess which one I now buy?

I will NEVER EVER waste money on stuff I don't/won't use.

Last edited:
I'v stockpiled 9 pure vanilla milkhouse creamery candles (bought at clearance price over the months) because they really are my favourite ones. I don't light them all the time so they'll last me years.

I've also got a large box of unopened beauty stuff in a cupboard upstairs ....... creams, make up, bath gels etc., etc. Many were bought during my "Oooo, I've discovered the shopping channels" phase when I first got Freeview. I expect I'll eventually get round to using them when I've used everything else up or if I fancy trying something new ....... but thereagain I might save them to put on the Antiques Road Show in a few years time. :wink:

I seem to have a hundred weight of L'occitane soap, shower gel and body lotion. I do use it but obviously not at the rate I buy it.

Many years ago Lush were called Cosmetics To Go. I have a number of their eye shadows and blushers from the 80s. Yes they are still useable.

I believe I have 4 pots of PCMC, not all from QVC. I used to have rather a large collection of Molton Brown shower/bath gels, but worked my way through them, even gave some away.

I would like to know the name of a charity that will accept unopened cosmetics an skincare,I have so much that the list would go on and on,even my daughters are fed up of me passing things on to them,I just hate to throw things out if someone could make use of them.
Lynn

I've got a link somewhere I dig it out later, unless someone beats me to it.

Jude xx

There's another charity you can give clothes to. To help women in the same pickle get back into the workplace. That's London only I think but it's a very worthwhile cause.

I was surprised that they will accept hair dye as well,my only problem is how to package everything up as there really is an awful lot,wish I had known about this years ago as I am feeling guilty about throwing things away when someone could have used it.
Lynn

I think I found out about it on here Lynn but I could be wrong. Better to give now than never though so don't worry too much. You didn't know do there was nowt you could have done about it.

Latest posts

Back