Red Manicure TSV Order - You may not get what you expected!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got mine yesterday, had my first go today. Really easy to do and do like the finish, though the 'base colours' supplied with the French I don't like - far too opaque for me for a French, though the sandy coloured one might be ok on its own. In the end I used the white to do the tips, top coated over it and used a Leighton Denny colour (it girl) over the whole lot. Looks good.

Yes Ali, I've got the pale pink on. I like it, it's very similar to one nails inc do. I found it very chalky tho. Not the easiest to apply & look decent. I wouldn't personally use it as a french manicure base, it is too streaky & opaque. I tried it with a white tip & it looked like playskool nails or those penny strawberry & cream gum sweets I had as a kiddie lol. When doing white tips I think I'll just use the base & top coat as they look great.

Oh yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR YESTERDAY ALI!! Hope you had a fab one! :mysmilie_858:

All that dithering on whether I ordered or not, (which I did in the end) and mine has been lost by the carrier. Claiming back credit from qvc now.

I just wanted to try the french colours but that pink is just so opaque and really chalky and didn't apply well, either. In the end went for just base- and top coat and it looks fab, will have to redo my thumb. I went into Sallys today and got a finger bowl and a big bottle of acetone, that should make the removal process easier (though the kit supplied works really well). They had a good choice of RCM colours there, too, though some of Gellish colours look nice but of course you sadly can't get them without a Sallys card.

All that dithering on whether I ordered or not, (which I did in the end) and mine has been lost by the carrier. Claiming back credit from qvc now.

Oh Suzy that is horrible i hope you get it sorted out, are they sending you a new set or are you asking for a refund?

What a bummer SW! Did they offer you another one or is it that you've had enough of the saga now? Wouldn't blame you if you had x.

@craftology. How much is a big bottle of acetone? I paid £4.95 for 50ml from my local chemist and I didn't think it was as good as the Erase from RCM. I've now bought a new bottle from RCM and that cost £3.95 with free postage for 120ml.

@craftology. How much is a big bottle of acetone? I paid £4.95 for 50ml from my local chemist and I didn't think it was as good as the Erase from RCM. I've now bought a new bottle from RCM and that cost £3.95 with free postage for 120ml.

You were had. 500ml acetone in Ireland €8, approx £7 and Ireland is very expensive for everything.

I use Sally Hansen nail varnish remover (the one with acetone) which you can get anywhere - even Tesco. It works just as well as the RCM one and is just a couple of quid a bottle. I even got it buy one get one half price in Superdrug the other day.

Does anyone who does Facebook know what this weeks colour of the week is from RCM?
Pleasethankyou. :smile:

I pay around a £1 from Tesco . it works, its cheap and its easy to find

Well another day postman has been without my replacement colours...have not even had a reply from the complaint email I sent to qvc..so will not hold my breath to receive a reply from the ceo!!!!

Thanks!!

Is that from the pharmacy or just on the normal shelves?
I just got some more, £1.30 for Sainsbury's own, 200ml. It's a blue colour, cylindrical plastic bottle & if you check the ingredients it says acetone & glycerin. The Sally Hansen one is £2. (I decided to economise, spend £81 incl p&p for the RCM system, save 70 pence on the remover, genius even if I do say so myself lol)! :rock:

So sorry to anyone still waiting for their entire TSV order or replacement colours. What an absolute shambles! Q seem to have really dropped off in numerous ways in recent months imo. & Some not even a reply to your complaint, diabolical! If I were in your position I'd be tempted to mention to Q that you'll send copies of your correspondence or just write to the Advertising Standards Authority. Good luck! :angel:

I just got some more, £1.30 for Sainsbury's own, 200ml. It's a blue colour, cylindrical plastic bottle & if you check the ingredients it says acetone & glycerin. The Sally Hansen one is £2. (I decided to economise, spend £81 incl p&p for the RCM system, save 70 pence on the remover, genius even if I do say so myself lol)! :rock:

Makes perfect economic sense Nikki. Loving your work.... :up:

Latest posts

Back