Another Vendor gone to IW

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CBX1000

Registered Shopper
Just read on Craft Telly Forum that Sizzix have gone to C&C. Shame as it really does seem to be the nail in the QVC craft coffin:wonder:. Hardly bothering to tune in these days, anyone else feeling the same?

You can't really blame them. If you were a craft business which one would you choose? The channel forging ahead with what crafters want or one that seemingly couldn't care less about its past loyal crafting customers.

I too don't bother to tune in as much as I did, it was really only watching the craft hours that hooked me in to other shows otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

Craft is only one category on QVC; IW have the dedicated craft channel, and showcase their products, thus ensuring that any dealer in crafting supplies will benefit from maximum exposure, on TWO channels. I certainly don't believe that, just because IW seems to be more successful in this arena, will do the Q any harm. When QVC had Kara presenting weekly doll shows, it would have been inconceivable to imagine the channel without them. No more doll shows, but the Q has gone from strength to strength. The only reason crafting is bigger on IW, is because they devote more on air hours to it, over two channels. If the Q felt that they were being adversely affected, they would do something about it. As long as Dawn Bibby doesn't come back - is she still at IW?

Just read on Craft Telly Forum that Sizzix have gone to C&C. Shame as it really does seem to be the nail in the QVC craft coffin:wonder:. Hardly bothering to tune in these days, anyone else feeling the same?

I order from their website, they have some fab offers end of season. Be interesting to see how they merge embos/dicut machines with existing brands on CC.

iw do craft a lot better than qvc. dawn is smiling more (sacre bleu) is not rushed and its really relaxing. with qvc to me it was hard sell, fast paced and really expensive. I even watch iw for the crafting and I did not like caft on qvc

I order from their website, they have some fab offers end of season. Be interesting to see how they merge embos/dicut machines with existing brands on CC.

Yes there have been some great offers on last clicks for crafting items, I've been keeping an eye on them over the past couple of months.

I agree about wondering how they will merge Sizzix with the e-embosser and grand caliber etc.

CBX1000, I meant Sizzix website!

Oh dear! Double page spread Hobbycraft advert Weekend mag with Mail, Steph guru, regular presenter on QVC craft channel! Big boob there, needs updating!

CBX1000, I meant Sizzix website!

Oh dear! Double page spread Hobbycraft advert Weekend mag with Mail, Steph guru, regular presenter on QVC craft channel! Big boob there, needs updating!

Oh sorry, see what you mean.

A bit embarassing about the Hobbycraft thing as Stephanie does alot of work for them now.

I realise there are still thousands of card making crafters out there, BUT I really believe this trend has peaked. A few years ago when crafting was in its hey day on Q, I would spend all day glued to the set when Craft Day was on, and spend a small fortune.

In the last 6 months I have done numerous 'table top' sales to sell my abundant stash of crafting accessories, as I no longer want to make cards. I can barely give the stuff away ! Items that cost me £10 plus I have tried to sell for £1, with packs of unopened embellishments for 20p ! but no takers. Even 3 years ago I would have been killed in the rush for my stock, but not now.

I think Q went with the trend - and even 'invented / created' the flurry of interest with their outpouring of card stock, which we were all sucked into, and this in turn spawned an industry of new crafting materials jumping onto the bandwagon.

Q got it right for the time and made squillions as a result. Its pretty evident that their next 'new big thing' is all the interest in baking and home cooking because of all the new products in the kitchen equipment shows.

I thought Sizzix started on IW and then went to QVC, so it's two-way traffic.

Balan and Arry had the Sizzix machine as a POTD, years ago and I wanted it SOOOOO much!!

Many years later and I managed to survive without one :drunk: but I really envied people who had one.....:rock:

I realise there are still thousands of card making crafters out there, BUT I really believe this trend has peaked. A few years ago when crafting was in its hey day on Q, I would spend all day glued to the set when Craft Day was on, and spend a small fortune.

In the last 6 months I have done numerous 'table top' sales to sell my abundant stash of crafting accessories, as I no longer want to make cards. I can barely give the stuff away ! Items that cost me £10 plus I have tried to sell for £1, with packs of unopened embellishments for 20p ! but no takers. Even 3 years ago I would have been killed in the rush for my stock, but not now.

I think Q went with the trend - and even 'invented / created' the flurry of interest with their outpouring of card stock, which we were all sucked into, and t.his in turn spawned an industry of new crafting materials jumping onto the bandwagon.

Q got it right for the time and made squillions as a result. Its pretty evident that their next 'new big thing' is all the interest in baking and home cooking because of all the new products in the kitchen equipment shows.

Brissles, that is exactly the situation my mum is in. She is, naturally, a very artsy-crafty person and has done everything from water colours to flower arranging; decoupage to card making. Her current projects are quilting and knitting, so she hasn't made any cards in ages. Like you, she has loads of supplies which, as she knows she will never use them again, are surplus to requirements. She spent a lot of money on all this stuff but, as she got pleasure out of the entire process, I don't see it as money wasted. She is just fed up of having it taking up valuable space in the dining room, bedroom, landing, etc. I think we're gonna have to have a few car boot stalls, and try and offload it. Realistically, she won't get anywhere near what it's worth, it'll go for peanuts. I agree, though, I think card making in particular has reached the height of it's popularity; people have such busy lives, they just don't have the time.

GOOD! Who has got time to p*ss about with all those soppy beads and bits of glitter?! Surely it's the hobby equivalent of downing a Tamazepam? "Crafting" sounds like something people in a Victorian era mental asylum would have been given after a bout of ECT treatment! Do people really think they are being creative by doing a little bit of stipple / rag-rolling or sticking on a pre-designed transfer!? Well you're NOT! I can be just as creative going onto Moonpig and designing my own card there!

Louise66 - yep, your Mum and me could be 'crafty twins'. Apart from anything to do with needle and thread, I've done it. My current 'hobby' is producing Venetian style masks - so I am still glittering and feathering Julius ! - and yes, I use Moonpig for all my cards now.

Whenever I spent, I used to justify it to myself by saying, I don't smoke, gamble, or drink (and sex has long since passed by!), so what else is left ??????

GOOD! Who has got time to p*ss about with all those soppy beads and bits of glitter?! Surely it's the hobby equivalent of downing a Tamazepam? "Crafting" sounds like something people in a Victorian era mental asylum would have been given after a bout of ECT treatment! Do people really think they are being creative by doing a little bit of stipple / rag-rolling or sticking on a pre-designed transfer!? Well you're NOT! I can be just as creative going onto Moonpig and designing my own card there!

Thats a bit mean, its just a hobby afterall, don't you have a hobby that takes you away from the hum drum of everyday life?

Well, although I'm not into card making myself I've always appreciated those special ones I've received when I know family and friends have put in so much effort. Goodness me, each to their own and if it gives the makers pleasure then so be it......think your post is way out of order and an insult to those people who enjoy this hobby!

This post is also an insult to those poor souls (my dear mum included, who, incidentally, was not in a Victorian era mental institution) who have had to experience the horror of ECT.

Sad when others choices are denigrated. Feel better now Julius. I would have a heart attack if I added up all my stuff, but I'm not hurting any one and I'm entitled to spend my money as I like.

This post is also an insult to those poor souls (my dear mum included, who, incidentally, was not in a Victorian era mental institution) who have had to experience the horror of ECT.

I have to agree with you there,Gemma,my lovely sister in law is currently in a psychiatric hospital for the 4th time in a year,nothing seems to be helping her including ECT,which is used as a last resort nowadays.Docs are now trying to tweak her meds in the hope she can get some sort of relief from the torment she is in (Depression).

Like I've already said I'm not into card making but I always love those I receive. I think the post from Julius is extremely offensive and hurtful. Of course we are all entitled to our opinions but to be so forthright is totally unacceptable.

Latest posts

Back