Help! I can’t watch QVC! (Literally...!)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally Loopy Lou

Registered Shopper
Well I didn’t think I’d ever post this, or be frustrated that I couldn’t tune in to the channel, but here we are!

Basically I watch TV on a relatively old TV (it’s hardly ancient, flat screen Sony but it’s not a Smart TV. For catch up and watching NOW etc, I use an amazon fire stick...)

When I first got the TV, because I have an awful signal and no roof aerial, we got Sky for about a year - an old school box with a dish...

After that year or so - maybe more - we stopped the subscription and I kept the box.

This allowed to continue to watch a good number of Sky channels - none of the “premium” ones such as what was Sky One or anything requiring subscription.

But I could always watch QVC on channel 660.

I do have Freeview via my DVD player but it’s only watchable on a few channels - not including QVC.

I tried to put Q on last midnight via 660 only to find discover it’s now “QVC HD” and a blank blue screen with a message saying “to receive this HD channel call .....”

I assume my TV isn’t HD and/or they will want me to pay a subscription to watch any of their HD channels.

Sometimes when a channel moves to HD, an SD version is provided on another Sky channel but I understand that is not the case here.

Sorry for the essay which I’m dictating, but does anyone have any ideas or solutions?!

Thank you!

Hope no one else is in the same situation!

Are you using a mobile phone for this site or are you on a pc. If you're on a pc then you can watch the live shows via QVC's website. You can still watch on your phone but obvs not very practical

I think you can get QVC on Freeview 16
or qvc hd on 111
Yes that's what I get it on myself on my small bedroom tv and in the tv in the kitchen, however both tvs are relatively new and have freeview built in. I can't see why it wouldn't be the same for a plug in freeview box, however if it's quite old it might need a retune to get more channels. Have you tried retuning it Loopy? If not, like I said if you've got a pc, then just watch via the QVC website.

Are you using a mobile phone for this site or are you on a pc. If you're on a pc then you can watch the live shows via QVC's website. You can still watch on your phone but obvs not very practical
Hi thanks.
Using my mobile phone sadly don’t have PC and watching on this is tough although if I was desperate!

well online it says

QVC 660
Beauty 663
Style 677
Extra 682
Yes I know the channel numbers....
But as of 2nd April channel 660 is now QVC HD and QVC Style is also HD only.

These are what I’m unable to watch as above :(

QVC on Freeview 16
or qvc hd on 111

Freesat on 800
Virgin Media on 740
Yes again I know the channel numbers and don’t have Freesat or Virgin.

On Freeview, the signal is so bad I can’t tune into QVC on it... :(
And don’t have HD so won’t get that on Freeview either...

Yes that's what I get it on myself on my small bedroom tv and in the tv in the kitchen, however both tvs are relatively new and have freeview built in. I can't see why it wouldn't be the same for a plug in freeview box, however if it's quite old it might need a retune to get more channels. Have you tried retuning it Loopy? If not, like I said if you've got a pc, then just watch via the QVC website.
Thanks...
I don’t have a plug in Freeview box, just my fairly old Sony DVD and hardrive “thing” has a built in Freeview tuner...

But as I done multiple retunes and the like and although I can get maybe 12 or so channels via freeview, QVC isn’t one of them alas!

Freeview depends on decent signal and we’ve never had one round here - hence we got Sky to the get the dish/box!

Thanks for your suggestions though :)

I am with Virgin which HD channels are free, but, Sky charge to watch HD channels

Found this from digitalspy forums.

They are discontinuing a lot of the SD channels and only showing HD it seems.
Ahh I fear you’re correct - that the only way for me to continue to be able to watch it would be to pay for HD channels via Sky...

But seems pointless on a non HD TV! Plus an ancient box...

Maybe I need to look at better Freeview set up or something - but don’t think am guaranteed the Q on there either.

Didn’t think I’d be this annoyed not to be able to watch it!

Found this online...

So they’re definitely replacing SD channels with HD versions which no good for me 😢

“QVC launches HD channels on Sky and Freesat​

1 April 2022

Satellite viewers will be able to access two of QVC UK’s home shopping channels in high definition for the first time.
On Monday 4th April, QVC UK launches an HD simulcast of its main channel, alongside a high definition version of QVC Style HD for satellite viewers. Viewers will be able to watch the channels in place of the standard definition copies.
Most Sky and Freesat receivers will automatically update during the course of the day to insert the new HD channels on the channel numbers currently used by QVC and QVC Style SD.
For the past seven years, QVC’s HD services in the UK were exclusively available on Freeview – but only in some parts of the country. QVC HD’s service on Freeview is expected to close shortly, but will continue in standard definition only.
And while UK satellite viewers can now enjoy product demonstrations in HD on QVC, QVC in Germany is already offering satellite viewers 4K UHD versions of its channels.

Where to find QVC in HD on Sky and Freesat from Monday 4th April 2022​

ChannelSky satelliteFreesat
QVC HD660800
QVC Style HD677803

The channel 660 on Sky is no more, only on HD which is a phone call to Sky, if that is what you want. My access is now only on freeview channel 16, which is fine for me, I don't choose to watch on any other device.
Oh well that’s handy for you and glad you still have access :)

When you say it’s a phone call to Sky, I assume you mean that will followed by paying a monthly subscription for the privilege of a single HD channel?! 😉

My OH gets her TV signal from a repeater transmitter that doesn't transmit many channels, including QVC. Perhaps yours is the same?
Not quite sure what a repeat transmitter is, but it could well be?!

Ahh I fear you’re correct - that the only way for me to continue to be able to watch it would be to pay for HD channels via Sky...

But seems pointless on a non HD TV! Plus an ancient box...

Maybe I need to look at better Freeview set up or something - but don’t think am guaranteed the Q on there either.

Didn’t think I’d be this annoyed not to be able to watch it!
Hopefully you can get a better freeview channel or some other way of getting it on your TV. Sky gets enough money from my subscription so I definitely won't pay anymore. We live in an area in north Wales where we have to rely on Sky dishes unfortunately but we're always looking for the alternative.

If you don't want to return to Sky subscription then I would think you only option to watch through current TV would be to get a roof aerial so you can access Freeview on your TV.

What about a TV signal booster? I got one for c£20 from Amazon. I bought it when my Freeview signal went up the creek. Now as I live in London I think that was in fact due to engineering works at Crystal Palace, which still badly affects my Tv whenever they do it like the last three weeks 🤬 and I check the timetable for that on the Freeview website. However, all that apart it may be of help if you have problems with Freeview even with a roof aerial. I also bought an indoor aerial with inbuilt booster from Argos for my bedroom TV (or for if the roof aerial is destroyed in a storm!) and that is very good although even here in London I need to use it on full boost. Cost was around £20 iirc.

Amazon have freeview receivers from £26.99. I use a freeview receiver on my bedroom tv which is a very old Sony 16” tv with the big lump on the back. I have not replaced this tv as the picture and sound are excellent.

Satellite viewers will be able to access two of QVC UK’s home shopping channels in high definition for the first time.
On Monday 4th April, QVC UK launches an HD simulcast of its main channel, alongside a high definition version of QVC Style HD for satellite viewers. Viewers will be able to watch the channels in place of the standard definition copies.
Most Sky and Freesat receivers will automatically update during the course of the day to insert the new HD channels on the channel numbers currently used by QVC and QVC Style SD.
For the past seven years, QVC’s HD services in the UK were exclusively available on Freeview – but only in some parts of the country. QVC HD’s service on Freeview is expected to close shortly, but will continue in standard definition only.
And while UK satellite viewers can now enjoy product demonstrations in HD on QVC, QVC in Germany is already offering satellite viewers 4K UHD versions of its channels.

Where to find QVC in HD on Sky and Freesat from Monday 4th April 2022​

ChannelSky satelliteFreesat
QVC HD660800
QVC Style HD677803

Not quite sure what a repeat transmitter is, but it could well be?!
She can't get a good enough signal from the main transmitter as it's too far away and hills are in the way.

So there is a small TV transmitter tower a few miles away which takes SOME of the channels from the main transmitter and retransmits them (repeats them, hence the name repeater) to the houses that can't get the main transmitter. But less than half of the freeview channels are repeated.

PS I also have to use a repeater station as I can't receive the main one in Dartmoor, but mine transmits ALL the Freeview channels as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
I'm the same. Yesterday it was channel 660, today I have to have HD, which I don't, so I can only watch on my PC. This is the TV at the caravan where we now are for the summer. At home it is on channel 16 but I haven't checked whether or not I can still watch it. The caravan has an old sky box and dish. I can watch Beauty and Extra but not the main channel or the style channel.

Ah well. If I don't see it I can't want it.

CC

I’ve got a Freeview TV, but I watch via a Humax top set box. I bought both from John Lewis. I only got the box as I prefer to record programmes so I can fast forward through the adverts.

There have been a few posts about channel 660 going HD on the QVC FB page, and they mentioned the fact that no warning was given. When Ideal World changed channels they had the notification on a board in their studio so people knew that they should rescan their box on a certain date if that’s how they accessed the channel.

QVC’s communication skills are certainly lacking in some areas. 🙄

If you use a Firestick (i think you said in the OP that you use one) you can download a Freeview app onto that). You may be able to view QVC that way.

Latest posts

Back