Help! I can’t watch QVC! (Literally...!)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for all your empathy and useful suggestions - I will look into it and see what can be done... 👏🏼

I do already have a roof aerial which should mean I have decent Freeview reception but sadly doesn’t!

Maybe a signal booster is the way and/or I will look into the app.

Bc of my situation, and much as I don’t purchase much at all from QVC, I do enjoy tuning in esp at midnight when it’s live and I’m often up all night and feeling a bit connected and somehow watching on phone etc isn’t the same...

Hope not too many people are affected by this change...

I'm like you, I like to watch some of the shows, especially the gardening. However, I'll just look here to see TSVs etc and then if I'm interested I can have a look on my laptop. I'll have to do some real gardening on a Saturday morning instead of sitting in my PJs watching telly.

CC

Ah, thank you L.Lou and good luck. At least any TSV will be discussed on here even if you can't see it live although I know that's not your issue.

Well I’ve looked in to it a bit and although there is a Freeview app (not sure if it would allow me to watch QVC in any case but still!) but can’t get it - at least I can’t! - via fire stick or Now tv sticks I have.
It’s not even in their App Stores?!

Can get it for devices apparently and certain makes of TV?

The funniest thing is I decided to do a full retune of digital channels.
It found 15... inc some v random film ones I’ve never heard of...

BUT QVC not even listed now - before I just a blank screen on its freeview channel - AND all BBC channels disappeared!! 😂☹️

So then I was trying to watch killing eve on iPlayer via amazon stick and they’ve updated the app I think. It looks good but it couldn’t play more than 20 seconds of anything without buffering! 🙄

I give up! (for now at least!)

I managed to get a TV engineer over to look at the comms box in our block and he said the issue was a faulty unit! Now he has replaced that and my signal has gone back to full strength (and I hope it stays that way). He said I shouldn’t need a signal booster here so I have disconnected it. I think very few of us here watch direct Freeview. Most have Sky or whatever, and of course go for streaming services. He told me the satellite signal was working fine.

I too looked for the Freeview app and couldn’t find it through the Firestick App Store, nor the store on my Amazon tablet. It is in the iPad App Store but that doesn’t help if you watch on TV I guess.

Latest posts

Back