Lola Rose TSV 6/2/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Anna and hope you get a well matched bracelet. I do think when it is a plain coloured stone that they should match them a consistant colour because you are always going to to notice it if one or two are different to the rest. Lola Rose is not a cheap brand so I expect it to be right. I'm afraid that they seem to cover themselves for returns by saying that you should expect variations as the stones are natural, but I'm afraid that doesn't cut it for me and if not happy I would still ask for a free return label.
Still can't decide what colour to go for, so I am off to look through my jewellery to help me decide!

I'm a pink girl so was going to buy the pink Persian agate but I have pink bracelets so decided to go for the white seashell.

A bit dearer than I'd hoped (but I had predicted it). Easypays swung it for me because I won't miss £8 a month.

Looking forward to hear what everyone else is getting.

Just heading off to look at the colours and try to make a decision. Although I reckon I shall go for the sea shell marble. What colours did you go for Pickles?

What colours did you go for?

I decided to go for the blue sandstone & white seashell to go with my silver Links of London bracelets & also the grey agate. So difficult to choose. Really like the dark pink as well.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Anna and hope you get a well matched bracelet. I do think when it is a plain coloured stone that they should match them a consistant colour because you are always going to to notice it if one or two are different to the rest. Lola Rose is not a cheap brand so I expect it to be right. I'm afraid that they seem to cover themselves for returns by saying that you should expect variations as the stones are natural, but I'm afraid that doesn't cut it for me and if not happy I would still ask for a free return label.
Still can't decide what colour to go for, so I am off to look through my jewellery to help me decide!

Most of my disappointments over Lola Rose jewellery have been owing to mismatched stones. As you say, I can accept a degree of variation with natural stones but I think it's totally inappropriate when it's a pair of earrings. I've given up buying Lola Rose earrings as i've had often ended up with a "pair" that look like I've got two entirely different earrings - this happened with montana, and purple fossil jasper. I really want a pair of earrings in blue fossil chalcedony but I'm not prepared to risk it as I'd no doubt end up with one blue earring and one brown earring.

I think I'll wait and see the on air presentation of this TSV. I like the look of it, but personally I don't think it will stack well with portobello/compton/chancery bracelets. I've got the Serpentine bracelet and it's a good bit bigger than the portobello/compton/chancery, it dwarfs them and the beads on the Valerie are bigger again.

Most of my disappointments over Lola Rose jewellery have been owing to mismatched stones. As you say, I can accept a degree of variation with natural stones but I think it's totally inappropriate when it's a pair of earrings. I've given up buying Lola Rose earrings as i've had often ended up with a "pair" that look like I've got two entirely different earrings - this happened with montana, and purple fossil jasper. I really want a pair of earrings in blue fossil chalcedony but I'm not prepared to risk it as I'd no doubt end up with one blue earring and one brown earring.

I know what you mean re the earrings. I have bought earrings to match necklaces in the past that have been a totally different colour. I have a pair in Montana which I think I must have struck lucky with, as they are quite a good match - but for those stones with stripes and markings in them, it can be very hit and miss.

I decided to go for the blue sandstone & white seashell to go with my silver Links of London bracelets & also the grey agate. So difficult to choose. Really like the dark pink as well.

Hope you like your bracelets when they arrive Pickles. I agree it is difficult to choose.

I chose the amazonite (green) and the Rose Quartz, because for fun I looked up the meanings of all the stones and these two appealed to me most. I usually end up sending LR TSV's back as for some reason I often feel disappointed. The Rose Quartz will definitely go back if they don't stack well together, as even with EZP I can't afford £50 for just two LR bracelets.

I've ordered the 'Grey Agate' tonight, but I'm going to watch the shows on Friday to see what the 'White Sea Shell' & 'Amazonite' look like because I'm not sure about them now. I still like them, but they look are solid colours, whereas the 'Grey Agate' looks more translucent (which I prefer).

I've ordered the 'Grey Agate' tonight, but I'm going to watch the shows on Friday to see what the 'White Sea Shell' & 'Amazonite' look like because I'm not sure about them now. I still like them, but they look are solid colours, whereas the 'Grey Agate' looks more translucent (which I prefer).

Hope you like your grey agate bracelet Warwa 100. I like grey agate too - I have just received, and have already parcelled up, a Jennie bracelet in peach calcite. The 2 heart toggles on it were 2 different colours, and just looked totally wrong. Surely whoever put that together realised that it didn't look right! It might not bother some customers but it did me.

Hope you like your grey agate bracelet Warwa 100. I like grey agate too - I have just received, and have already parcelled up, a Jennie bracelet in peach calcite. The 2 heart toggles on it were 2 different colours, and just looked totally wrong. Surely whoever put that together realised that it didn't look right! It might not bother some customers but it did me.

Poor you Anna :( I am one of those customers that isn't bothered by the different tones. I actually quite like it. I got the Cassidy bracelet when it was a TSV in the 'multi' option (I think) and I think that has 'grey agate' on it too, these colour stones are all different tones also.

Well I changed my mind when I saw it shown live at midnight and went for the rose quartz and the matching necklace. As usual Q don't seem to have ordered enough of the necklaces so at 12.15 two of the colours have sold out. I hope that everyone who wanted the set stayed up and ordered early.

I don't like the new trend for using metal spacer beads and tags in the bracelets and necklaces - I think it makes the necklaces look cheap.

The brand seems to be moving toward using metals (not even Silver let alone gold) in more designs and I just think it is chasing a wider customer base and losing its way a bit.

Particularly with the gold coloured metal, the things just look tacky to me.

I don't like the new trend for using metal spacer beads and tags in the bracelets and necklaces - I think it makes the necklaces look cheap.

The brand seems to be moving toward using metals (not even Silver let alone gold) in more designs and I just think it is chasing a wider customer base and losing its way a bit.

Particularly with the gold coloured metal, the things just look tacky to me.

totally agree. nicky shifted from silver to plated base metal. i think it cheapens the brand. luckily i bought years ago as i dont buy the newer styles because of this.

Funnily enough its what actually attracted me to the brand. I much prefer the pieces with the coloured metal bits, probably because they are smaller & neater. Really do not like the more chunkier pieces or the stones in shapes of hearts & flowers :mysmilie_460:

i like the way lola rose had real silver with the stones. it was more high end some how. still have some of her first pieces that are iconic maybe i have toooo much already

I'm struggling to get the video to load properly here at work, so will have to wait until I gt home tonight to watch the presentation. Although, I have pretty much decided I am just going to stick to my 'grey agate' purchase (which not only is sold out I see on the website, but mine was dispatched yesterday), I could be persuaded later on to purchase another one (or two) if I like them and they are still available (which sounds unlikely).

I liked the Persian agate and the Amazonite and I don't mind the metal beads, however, I'm just back from a couple of days away where I spent far too much on nothing so I am resisting. Talking of looking cheap, did anyone see that really awful B&W bracelet with chunky charms on (might have been hearts) in different tones, eg. rose, silver, gold, gunmetal. It looked like Ali's cave's finest. Apologies to anyone that bought that and likes it but to me it looked really cheap and nasty. Did like the scarf Niki was showing us in the morning show with the corals in it but keeping my pennies in my purse - well I would if there were any there lol.

CC

I watched the video this morning of the TSV - I am happy with my colour choice, but I did like them all, especially the amazonite. I was hoping my love of the Lola Rose jewellery was fading - but alas I don't think it is.

Can't believe I caved in and bought not only the bracelet but the scarf as well. It was the easy peasy pays that did it. QVC know me all too well. Just have to put in a double shift this weekend to replenish the cash :cash:

Latest posts

Back